• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anyone else deterred by PMD DX's funky movement controls?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • so i'm honestly put off playing the demo because the movement feels so weird.. the way you move super fast and can't change directions easily while moving, the way you bump into your partner and push them around. the awkward stutter when changing directions.. it just feels really terrible tbh.

i know the original PMD games had something like this but it wasn't this bad was it? or maybe it just felt better on a D-Pad because trying to do this on an analog stick is not a good experience :( i've never played the 3DS PMD games, were they like this too?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I've only played the DS ones.
    And they did in fact did that.

But, pretty sure there was an option to disable it, I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Once you get used to the controls it should flow better for you. I tried out the demo and felt a little clunky at first, but I got the hang of it. I can't remember for sure, but I think the originals were a little odd at first too. The only thing that seemed new to me was the way you select your Pokemon's moves

Years
  • hm I can def understand what you're saying @_@ But I'm a bit used to it, or well, it doesn't bother me as much/I seem adjusted.

But, pretty sure there was an option to disable it, I think.

I think there was a way to fast forward (or was for me for the last/only PMD game I played, Gates to Infinity), but was there also an option in PMD games overall to make the animation more fluid...?

Back