Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

TrollandToad.com

Old June 29th, 2017 (6:33 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NoMoreStars View Post
    So Cut is now a 60 Power Bug type move and Scyther can't learn it???
    That was done for balancing reasons; it was too powerful that early in the game and Scyther became, basically, a god. You still have access to Fury Cutter in Verdanturf, which does more than suffice until you get another good Bug-type move later in the game.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 29th, 2017 (7:10 PM).
    Trying

Nature: Docile
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by prohibitivemind View Post
      That was done for balancing reasons; it was too powerful that early in the game and Scyther became, basically, a god. You still have access to Fury Cutter in Verdanturf, which does more than suffice until you get another good Bug-type move later in the game.
      Yeah, I guess that does make sense. Bummer! I needed something to CRUSH Roxanne's Lileep and Shroomish will not cut it. Because it was... an awful choice. For the love of god no one else choose Shroomish.
      Old June 30th, 2017 (9:56 AM).
      The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by NoMoreStars View Post
        Yeah, I guess that does make sense. Bummer! I needed something to CRUSH Roxanne's Lileep and Shroomish will not cut it. Because it was... an awful choice. For the love of god no one else choose Shroomish.
        Guess that explains why your able to catch it so early on in Petalburg Woods if you didn't choose it as a starter, by far the weakest one of the three.
        Old July 4th, 2017 (11:25 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
          Guess that explains why your able to catch it so early on in Petalburg Woods if you didn't choose it as a starter, by far the weakest one of the three.
          it's like alright if you teach it bullet seed, so maybe pick that up from the guy on route 104 outside the pretty petal flower shop? does it need work??
          Thanks to DizzyEgg/KDS, lu-ho, gamer2020, YAPE, darthatron's numerous tools, hackmew for xse, and yall for playing this low difficulty, re-mapped blazeblack/voltwhite mod for Pokémon Emerald!
          LATEST PATCH:
          Spoiler:
          patch 2.2.7: bug fix and a change to roxanne so she's the easiest gym leader

patch 2.2
          Spoiler:
          -Forgettable hms (excludes surf and fly bc softlocks &c)
          -bug fixes and a full decap (only in very latest patch)
          -ice has higher def in hail, poison types take 1/4 less damage from psnd or badly psnd foes, and 2 new moves
          -Disguise Sudowoodo and Shields Down golem, Feraligatr line has a new ability, Croc Jaw, which makes biting moves crit, Blastoise/lapras line has Tank Shell, which restores 1/16 health each turn.
          -ability changes e.g poison point, static and flame body all afflict an attacker 30% of the time as usual, and now additionally afflict the TARGET of contact moves used by those with the ability 30% of the time
          -Hyper fang now deals just under half the target's MAX hp as damage, like a souped up super fang
          Old July 11th, 2017 (11:48 PM).

Loving the game! currently at the front door of the pokemon league and i want to change some of my teams move. where do i get the TM for thief and where are the luvdiscs? i cant seem to find it in the pokemon location list provided in the first page and any tips to where the heart scales at?
            Old July 17th, 2017 (2:10 PM).

this game great! although its confusing because lot of spawn is changed and lot of kecleon xd

idk if this is bug, but

1. steven room, there's no beldum, its aron
              2. salamance lvl 79 no dragon claw. its crush claw?????
              Old July 23rd, 2017 (9:37 PM). Edited July 27th, 2017 by Bandmaster1133.

Gym leaders Roxanne & Brawly are missing from my match call list. I have my 8th badge. Also, the electrical boxes appeared again in Mauville. Any idea on how to fix this?
                Old July 26th, 2017 (4:56 AM).

There is a bug with the volcanic ash guy, the white flute can't be purchased, after you reach the steps it resets to 65535 steps.

Also, how does Scyther evolve? Trading w/ metal coat as usual or there's another method?
                  Old July 27th, 2017 (3:45 AM).

Do you mind telling me or linking me to how you implemented the B2/W2 repel system in this? I'd love to do it in my own (personal) Pokémon Emerald ROM Hack (basically I'm just updating the game to current standards).
                    Old July 28th, 2017 (5:17 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Gameskiller01 View Post
                      Do you mind telling me or linking me to how you implemented the B2/W2 repel system in this? I'd love to do it in my own (personal) Pokémon Emerald ROM Hack (basically I'm just updating the game to current standards).
                      There's a tutorial somewhere on these very forums that will help more than I can. I copied the offsets from there. You'll need XSE and a good hex editor like HexEdit to do it but the thing follows all the steps

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by second2nd View Post
                      this game great! although its confusing because lot of spawn is changed and lot of kecleon xd

idk if this is bug, but

1. steven room, there's no beldum, its aron
                      2. salamance lvl 79 no dragon claw. its crush claw?????
                      they're rare but they're there!

Salamence learns dragon claw by tm, found in the far end of meteor falls.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sz View Post
                      There is a bug with the volcanic ash guy, the white flute can't be purchased, after you reach the steps it resets to 65535 steps.

Also, how does Scyther evolve? Trading w/ metal coat as usual or there's another method?
                      fixed in patch coming in half an hour

lv 39 it's in the first post

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Bandmaster1133 View Post
                      Gym leaders Roxanne & Brawly are missing from my match call list. I have my 8th badge. Also, the electrical boxes appeared again in Mauville. Any idea on how to fix this?
                      That's how it works in the original. Go talk to em!

This is going to be my last post in this thread, I'm making a new one in sideshow showcase. Can hopefully get this one deleted! see you after the break.
                      Thanks to DizzyEgg/KDS, lu-ho, gamer2020, YAPE, darthatron's numerous tools, hackmew for xse, and yall for playing this low difficulty, re-mapped blazeblack/voltwhite mod for Pokémon Emerald!
                      LATEST PATCH:
                      Spoiler:

patch 2.2
                      Spoiler:
                      -ice has higher def in hail, poison types take 1/4 less damage from psnd or badly psnd foes, and 2 new moves
                      -Disguise Sudowoodo and Shields Down golem, Feraligatr line has a new ability, Croc Jaw, which makes biting moves crit, Blastoise/lapras line has Tank Shell, which restores 1/16 health each turn.
                      -ability changes e.g poison point, static and flame body all afflict an attacker 30% of the time as usual, and now additionally afflict the TARGET of contact moves used by those with the ability 30% of the time
                      -Hyper fang now deals just under half the target's MAX hp as damage, like a souped up super fang
                      Old July 28th, 2017 (5:50 AM).
                      Detective

Nature: Calm
                        This was very nice and interesting, though the beginning seemed quite similar to the original Emerald last time I played. It appears you may have changed it since then, though.
                        Old July 28th, 2017 (7:43 PM). Edited July 28th, 2017 by Bandmaster1133.

The electrical boxes were gone after I got my 2nd badge from Dewford. When I got my 8th badge from Sootopolis, I flew to Mauville and the boxes were back and I couldn't get through.
                          I don't think that's suppose to happen. It's like some flags are reappearing even though I've already done them.

Also, Expert Natasha and Battle Girl Lanaya won't rematch me even though there is a pokball icon beside their names on the match call list.

Is there a way to get Roxanne and Brawly back on my match call list? Cause I defeated the Elite four and I can't rematch them if they're not on the list. The rest of the gym leaders are.
                          Old August 6th, 2017 (8:42 AM). Edited August 6th, 2017 by oxysoft.

I'm not done yet, I just got the meteorite back after stomping Maxis, but so far, this is a REALLY nice hack; A fresh coat of paint to almost all the maps, some later gen stuff, new bios for all the mons, etc.

I just love that it doesn't take itself too seriously with the dialogue and story, and adds a lot of jokes all over. My favorite has to be the Pekachu gag in Rustboro but then seeing him later in the daycare after sneaking in through the cut tree. That was a really cool in-joke and it had me laughing like crazy. Just simple gags like that are great and next time I use a Pikachu, I'm certainly going to name him Pekachu.

The way you extended some areas is just great, like the little peaceful beach next to Dewford for example. The names you gave to each route is also a GREAT detail.

I just wish the game was slightly more generous with the wild mons from different gens. It seems like most of the wild encounters are regular gen 3 mons with some rarer options from other gens, which isn't too nice for a nuzlocke. It did make it all the more hype when I got an Eevee for my first encounter but besides that.. Still, a really cool hack that only makes the core game better without changing it too drastically. Seeing as this one took 5 years, I can't imagine that you would want to work on a new hack, but regardless I hope you have new ideas in mind for the future because you're a really good rom hacker and you know how to keep it real without the amateur undertone of many romhacks.

Here's the squad so far

And the many deaths..

Old August 14th, 2017 (4:52 AM).

Nature: Lonely
                              Hey there! So far, I'm really enjoying this hack (the pokedex entries are very interesting to say the very least)
                              Also, nerf every mon in the game lmao
                              Old August 16th, 2017 (9:12 PM). Edited August 17th, 2017 by Lunos.
                              Uruguayan Random Guy

I was kinda enjoying it until Peeko in Oldale Town froze my game.
                                The game told me that it wanted me to follow it to Captain Briney's house, I told it "Yes" and then it just froze right here:

Now I have to start all over again from my previous save before beating Roxanne x_x ..

Also, I seriously think this shouldn't be called Emerald 2, it's no sequel at all.
                                So far it has been a retake/revamp of Emerald which is kind of ironic since Emerald itself is a revamp of R/S.

EDIT: Just reached Peeko again, here's a GIF.
                                Old August 17th, 2017 (2:43 PM). Edited August 17th, 2017 by luuma.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
                                  roasted
                                  I fixed this like a week ago but haven't put an update out bc I got a bug with the clock I still havent fixed and I'm adding stuff to the battle engine which is if anything equally dangerous. If you like I can send you a more updated copy?

should have put a note in the master post a while back, have done so now, sorry man

What should it be called instead? The thing that separates this game from being a real sequel to emerald is its identical flow of storyline and similar npcs. The reason routes, pokémon moves and items take priority for me is because changing text boxes and the order in which you visit locations adds virtually nothing to the quality of the game besides "freshening it up". I don't want to be arbitrarily different from emerald, I want to be better!
                                  LATEST PATCH:
                                  Spoiler:

patch 2.2
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Old August 17th, 2017 (9:36 PM).
                                  Uruguayan Random Guy

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by luuma View Post
                                    I fixed this like a week ago but haven't put an update out bc I got a bug with the clock I still havent fixed and I'm adding stuff to the battle engine which is if anything equally dangerous. If you like I can send you a more updated copy?
                                    Meh, it's fine, I can wait for a public release.

Quote:
                                    What should it be called instead?
                                    I don't want to be arbitrarily different from emerald, I want to be better!
                                    I'm not really good with nicknames, but whatever that doesn't give a wrong idea about the hack to the person that's going to play should be fine. Emerald 2 would naturally lead anyone to believe that this is a sequel of Pokémon Emerald, but it's not.

Also, is it me or this doesn't really make sense?

There's no way to cross and iirc, there's normally an item at the right of the Gym's building.
                                    Old August 18th, 2017 (7:51 AM). Edited August 18th, 2017 by OrchestralLuxnight.
                                    OrchestralLuxnight OrchestralLuxnight is offline

Nature: Impish
                                      First, loving the game so far. Emerald is a game I would go back to a lot for a quick run though, and the changes made make it a much more enjoyable and less monotonous play through.

That being said, I've stumbled across an issue. I probably should check to see if the same thing has happened to anyone, but eh...

So I finally get back to Mr.Briney (avoiding his darling deathgull.) We had to Dewford, I finish everything, then we head back to Petalburg so I can get another Ralts to trade for the Horsea in Rustburo. I get that done and head back to Briney's, but the old man is gone along with his boat.

Bug, story trigger or did I simply miss something?

PS: This made me laugh harder than it should have. Wally has the best uncle.
                                      Old August 18th, 2017 (9:28 AM). Edited August 18th, 2017 by DDDMEMAYBE.

After beating Wattson, there's a mini-bug that if you step on the south-most of the downed gym-buttons on the floor, the electrical walls will reappear and trap you in, forcing a reset. Reloading works 100% at least thank god, but I reloaded before the wattson fight in fear that I'd get perma-trapped xdd..

ps.Training for wattson I had to farm levels in the daycare because there is no rematch system. Feelsbadman. It's balanced but it feels no good to train on wild pokes.

edit: also Quick Claw activates properly but, doesn't actually influence my Pokemon's speed-order. My Vulpix will do the animation and text saying that it benefited from Quick Claw but, then right after it will go second in turn order. Sorry if this isn't the place for bugs in any cases.

edit2: The footprints guy at the beginning of the game who normally stops you so that you have to challenge May, has gamebreaking text that causes a crash sometimes.
                                        Peeko who is in that same town, Oldale, at a point in the early story after the first gym asks to take you to mister briney's house but it doesn't function.
                                        On a positive note I'm just after the third gym and I don't believe I've come across any other bugs except 1 or 2 npcs that had empty dialogue functions, but that's no bad.
                                        Old August 18th, 2017 (3:20 PM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by DDDMEMAYBE View Post
                                          After beating Wattson, there's a mini-bug that if you step on the south-most of the downed gym-buttons on the floor, the electrical walls will reappear and trap you in, forcing a reset. Reloading works 100% at least thank god, but I reloaded before the wattson fight in fear that I'd get perma-trapped xdd..

ps.Training for wattson I had to farm levels in the daycare because there is no rematch system. Feelsbadman. It's balanced but it feels no good to train on wild pokes.

edit: also Quick Claw activates properly but, doesn't actually influence my Pokemon's speed-order. My Vulpix will do the animation and text saying that it benefited from Quick Claw but, then right after it will go second in turn order. Sorry if this isn't the place for bugs in any cases.

edit2:
                                          Great catch! I've fixed it now

Wattson probs needs a nerf then, I don't want anyone forced to grind!

Edit1 seems to be fixed in the next patch although god knows what I did right

edit 2 is fixed in the next patch!

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by OrchestralLuxnight View Post
                                          Bug, story trigger or did I simply miss something?
                                          Briney can only be in the last place you left him, can you check if he's in slateport for me?? I hope he is!

Quote:
                                          There's no way to cross and iirc, there's normally an item at the right of the Gym's building.
                                          You access this through petalburg woods
                                          LATEST PATCH:
                                          Spoiler:

patch 2.2
                                          Spoiler:
                                          Old August 19th, 2017 (12:49 PM).
                                          OrchestralLuxnight OrchestralLuxnight is offline

Nature: Impish
                                            Quote:
                                            Briney can only be in the last place you left him, can you check if he's in slateport for me?? I hope he is!
                                            I can't get to Slateport.

After defeating Brawly and delivering the letter to Steven, I went back to Petalburg to catch a Ralts and do a trade for the Horsea in Rustboro. When I went back to Briney's home, he and the boat were gone, meaning I have to way to get back to Dewford or Slateport. I traveled back to Mauville, but the Aqua Grunts are still blocking the roads.
                                            Old August 19th, 2017 (1:39 PM).
                                            hobastank420 hobastank420 is offline

Umm so how do you get to the weather institute? There's a kecleon in the road and the route east is cut off by them magma
                                              Old August 19th, 2017 (2:35 PM).
                                              Uruguayan Random Guy

Found 1 weird thing and a bug.

Old August 20th, 2017 (8:41 AM). Edited August 20th, 2017 by luuma.

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by OrchestralLuxnight View Post
                                                  I can't get to Slateport.
                                                  This is the best description of this bug I've had yet, thank you so much. I've thought I'd fixed it for a long time but it seems to specifically only happen if you don't travel to slateport first. I'm gonna try and replicate it, but is there any chance you could send me your save file? I'm on the discord, and i can send you it back in full working order.

Edit: I cannot replicate this, so I'll definitely need your rom!

Quote:
                                                  Found 1 weird thing and a bug.
                                                  one's an intentional reference to magma's mining operation, other's fixed as of a week ago, ty anyway!

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by hobastank420 View Post
                                                  Umm so how do you get to the weather institute? There's a kecleon in the road and the route east is cut off by them magma
                                                  Have you tried going up the stairs on the right hand side?

do you mean " how do I leave from the weather institute"?
                                                  LATEST PATCH:
                                                  Spoiler:

patch 2.2
                                                  Spoiler:
                                                  Old August 20th, 2017 (12:41 PM).
                                                  icanonlyhasgbagames icanonlyhasgbagames is offline

May I know why you decided to make Ice immune to Water?

Quick Reply