• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime You've Ever Seen?

Graphical

Beep beep boop
Years
The only anime that I have ever managed to actually get hooked on and keep watching is Death Note. It has an excellent plot, and there is rarely a boring moment.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
My favorite is Sgt. Frog, mainly cuz... It's like the only one I watch haha, I'm not that much into 9 (so you're probably wondering why I'm posting here haha :P) But you should give it a try, although apparently what I've read online it's a hit or miss for people, so you may not like. But as you know, I like it as it just puts me in a good mood. Lots of funny moments, some sad moments. The dub and sub apparently are almost different shows, as while the main plot points are essentially the same, the script changes are different to reference American Pop Culture and Japanese Pop Culture. And please support! It may get canceled if sales aren't good enough, and season 4 must come for the dub! (my favorite episodes are on it...). So you all should check it out!

Ghiaccio​

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Revolutionary Girl Utena, ftw. *points to avi*
Getting a tattoo of spinning roses and the last line of the theme song. When I have money. Which, is never. :P

Fullmetal Alchemist
I've only seen Brotherhood, but that was spiffaroo. I'm currently *ahem*downloading*ahem* the original to get the full effect.

Sekai itchi hatsuoki
I know I've probably spelled that wrong....meh. Anyway, good series if you're into shonen-ai and the like. Makes you kinda mad when it ends, though. :3

Another
If you like some brutal in your anime, go for this. It's kind of slow for the first 3 episodes, but it pickes up real quick.

Excel Saga
Pure, stupid, 4th wall breaking fun.

Theres a few more I want to list, but, I dont like making huge posts. :P

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
Years
My favorite anime has always been and forever will be Inuyasha. So that in my opinion is the best anime I'v been. Also because the Final Act was nicely put together and was very very good. (In my opinion.) XD

Magnificence

That's me in the corner
Years
I'm surprised that Mawaru Penguindrum hasn't been mentioned, it's an artistic masterpiece. Steins;Gate also deserves a mention.

But honestly best anime would personally go to either Towards the Terra or Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

EDIT: Revolutionary Girl Utena deserves a mention too

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
It has to be Naruto all the way.All the other anime's i have seen have either been far to childish or to difficult to keep up with.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Fate/Stay Night (and Fate Zero as well) are the best anime. Ever. Really. The characters are interesting and the battle scenes are some of the best.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Best Anime I've ever seen? I'd have to agree with SwiftSign for one, Fate/stay night & Fate/Zero is by far an amazing storyline, with such incredible action & graphics! I highly recommend this show

Only one show that gets me going over the Fate series, and that is Heroic Age. The show is such beauty when it comes to the universe, and the universe is very beautiful in texture. Plus, the storyline and the characters are very, very, VERY much perfect and interesting. Couldn't ask for a better show<3

Shakuga no Shana has caught my eyes in recent weeks. I highly recommend these 3, put them in your Queue, you will NOT be disappointing, and you are missing out if you ignore them!! :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Well if you like comedy watch:

Fairy Tail.

It is hilarious! And has a pretty decent plot line and some awesome fight scenes.

I also recommend:
The two Ghost in the Shell seasons. A fantastic anime if you like sci-fi stuff.

Also if you want to watch something amazing:

Durarara!!
and
Baccano!

are two of the most amazing animes I've watched. I do warn you though, the first episodes of both series didnt really tickle my fancy and was kinda slow.. but after that AMAZING!!!

Oh and as already stated
Cowboy Bebop
Is an incredible anime and really stands up to the test of time, everything done in it is fantastic!

Years
My five personal favorites (and therefore earning the title best from me):

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - It is awesomely hilarious and over the top! It's so over the top that it sets itself up for a new standard for being over the top and proceeds to break right over that top! One of the most entertaining anime I've seen.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006 season) - This was very well executed and engaging, while simultaneously subtly parodying every modern anime with the subtle visual cues.

Read or Die (OVA) - I liked the ridiculousness of some of the powers, and the whole steampunk thing was actually well incorporated!

Clannad - This one was a very heartwarming tale while simultaneously being an emotional roller coaster that was quite well animated.

Clannad: After Story - This was an emotional roller coaster hitting you like a freight train. Very well animated.

I've seen a fair bit of other worthwhile series as well, such as Durarara!!, Genshiken, and Cowboy Bebop, but that last one's basically an auto-classic and I probably really didn't need to mention it.

blackmorale

風の行方
Years
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for me. It's not very different from the manga, imo. The art is spectacular, and I really love the storyline; the story gets deeper and darker as it progresses. Despite the drama and action, there are also a bunch of humor scenes. The music (BGM, opening and ending themes) is amazing as well.

ℓatte

Albino Latte
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
These few are my favourite animes. They aren't in any particular order, as I probably couldn't just choose one favourite. xD;

- Eden of the East: I absolutely loved Eden of the East because it had a bit of everything for everyone. It had plot twists (who doesn't love plot twists xD), action, romance, and even some comedy. What really brought me to like it was the fact that it wasn't a generic anime of generic characters.

- Soul Eater: I loved Soul Eater too. I can't say I really liked some of the characters, but other characters had their own charms that kept me interested. I really prefer the manga to the anime, but I still liked most of the anime. I hated the ending, but Soul Eater was still pretty good despite the terribad ending.

- Mirai Nikki: This has to be one of the best animes of Fall 2011. It kept you guessing, and had tons of plot twists. It executed cliffhangers in an amazing way, and just kept you wanting to watch more. The characters weren't the generic kind, and the plot twists were just mind-blowing<3. If I absolutely had to choose a favourite anime, Mirai Nikki would probably be it.

- Steins;Gate: Another amzing anime. The main characters are very well executed, and are all amazing. Honestly, I watched Steins;Gate without reading about it, so I expected one of those generic "oh god, who do i date ohnoesss' with the two main girls and the main character. Surprisingly, my expectations were completely wrong. It focuses on the actual plot rather than a side-romance which is probably why I really liked Steins;Gate in the first place~

- Madoka Magica: Kyubey. 'nuff said. Really too lazy to give a long explanation of why I like this anime, orz;;.

Years
These few are my favourite animes. They aren't in any particular order, as I probably couldn't just choose one favourite. xD;

- Eden of the East: I absolutely loved Eden of the East because it had a bit of everything for everyone. It had plot twists (who doesn't love plot twists xD), action, romance, and even some comedy. What really brought me to like it was the fact that it wasn't a generic anime of generic characters.

- Soul Eater: I loved Soul Eater too. I can't say I really liked some of the characters, but other characters had their own charms that kept me interested. I really prefer the manga to the anime, but I still liked most of the anime. I hated the ending, but Soul Eater was still pretty good despite the terribad ending.

- Mirai Nikki: This has to be one of the best animes of Fall 2011. It kept you guessing, and had tons of plot twists. It executed cliffhangers in an amazing way, and just kept you wanting to watch more. The characters weren't the generic kind, and the plot twists were just mind-blowing<3. If I absolutely had to choose a favourite anime, Mirai Nikki would probably be it.

- Steins;Gate: Another amzing anime. The main characters are very well executed, and are all amazing. Honestly, I watched Steins;Gate without reading about it, so I expected one of those generic "oh god, who do i date ohnoesss' with the two main girls and the main character. Surprisingly, my expectations were completely wrong. It focuses on the actual plot rather than a side-romance which is probably why I really liked Steins;Gate in the first place~

- Madoka Magica: Kyubey. 'nuff said. Really too lazy to give a long explanation of why I like this anime, orz;;.

Oh Madoka Magica, my cousin suggested me that... It should be good lol i really wonder how it is

Years
The best non-Pokemon anime for me is...

Vampire Knight - I love the voices and characters in this, and I love all the fanart of it that shows up on DeviantArt. My fave character from the series is Zero, he's awesome and he has very iconic voice actors in both English and Japanese (Vic Mignogna and Mamoru Miyano, Mamoru Miyano is also the Japanese voice of Cilan in the Pokemon anime of course). I love the interesting backstories behind the characters and it has a lot of pretty boys. Every time I watch it, I really love those Yuki & Zero scenes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Usagi Drop and Tsuritama. I love the art for both seems special and unique. also love the theme and the music. Plus the characters too. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Cinematic anime: Spirited Away. Hayao Miyazaki is one of my favourite film-makers, and this is his magnum opus. It has characters that are complex without being hard to understand, a plot that doesn't follow the binary of simple good vs evil and is content to do its own thing, beautiful hand-drawn animation elevated where necessary by CGI, and an amazing score and editing to bind the whole thing together. It's a joy to watch every time I stick the DVD in, and I've watched it so many times that I've lost count.

Television anime: Cowboy Bebop. It sort of goes without saying, really. The reasons I like it have been well documented in other threads, but the main one is, ironically, because of how un-anime it is. Its Western influences come through strongly, but it still retains its own identity and doesn't become a sub-Tarantino-esque hack job.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Immortal Grand Prix, all the way. Nothing is better then a combination of racing and robots fighting.

Back