• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime You've Ever Seen?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Princess Mononoke for me, even after rewatching it to hell and back in 2009 I could never get tired of it at all. No other anime even comes close to that in my book to this day.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Avatar the Last Airbender is not an anime. (In case anyone said it was their favorite.)

Anyway, my favorite anime is FullMetal Alchemist. The plot is amazing and the characters are so loveable! Especially Edward Elric. <3 And Angel Beats is my second favorite because of the plot. But I wish it was longer, though.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm really demanding concerning Manga Anime. Scenario often annoy me, and if there is a good scenario but that I don't like the way it's drawn, I don't watch. It's for that reason that I haven't watched a lot of manga. I only loved three anime (excluding Pokémon): Naruto, because I love the universe, Death-Note, because the scenario is freaking awesome and special and finally...
    The best anime I've ever seen : "Another". Seriously, there's only 12 episodes, but an awesome storyline, I also love the characters, and the drawing are just perfect. It's not "too much" like in a lot of other japanese anime. It's an horror and mystery anime, pretty new so not famous yet, but it's way better than a lot of more famous anime.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    If it's for comedy, then Hetalia by far. It's just downright hilarious, while being outragously stereotyped at the same time. For those who can take a joke, this anime is both addictive and incredible. The character's are also easy to like, with there being very few characters that you have the heart to hate.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Its hard to pick just 1 but I'll give my Top 5

• Inuyasha I have been watching it for years. I love Inuyasha so much.
    • FLCL Or Fooly Cooly Because of its awesomeness
    • Cowboy Bebop Cowboys in space.
    • Beck Just a really awesome soundtrack for the a anime series
    • Case Closed I really don't have a reason for liking this show it just become one of my favorites over the years.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
    Years
  • Clannad forever!!
    Clannad has become and will always be my most favourite anime of all time! It'll never change!
    I love Clannad so much! It's such a good anime, and I've been obsessed with it many times over. The art is simply amazing, the music is so nice, and the story is top-notch for me.

• I'm extremely picky about art when it comes to anime and games. Clannad is perfect for my tastes of art.
    • As for music, I fell in love with the music. I have all the soundtracks on my 3DS.
    • The story was so touching! It's a real tearjerker, and it's so sad, yet so happy! The story's just so great!
    I could keep going on about Clannad, but it'd take my more than 10 minutes, and this post would be filled...

Anyway, I've watched Clannad twice in subbed, once in dubbed, and I've also 100% finished the Visual Novel. I've even watched the motion picture for it. I love them all!

userbarclannad2gj8.jpg

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • My ultimate favourite anime of all time, and probably will stay that way, is IRIA: Zeiram the Animation. It was based upon my favourite movie as a kid, and so I naturally loved it. I don't think anything could ever take its place in my heart. <3

~~**~~

Other notable anime are:

Betterman
    Star Ocean EX
    The Slayers
    Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
    Melody of Oblivion
    The Vision of Escaflowne

To name a few.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Hetalia, of course. It's just very addictive and funny. The characters always amuse me and it also makes history interesting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    Well, it kinda depends on what you mean by "Best". I class Anime in two different ways, Nostalgic and ones I've discovered as I got older.

You can also argue the type of anime, both genre and target audience play a role into what Anime you like too. For example I like Shojo (young girl) anime like Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon as well as Shonen (young males) anime such as One Piece, Bleach and lesser known ones such as Blue Exorcist and Beet the Vandal Buster.

Nostalgic anime for me, are ones like Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Digimon and the shows that were on Toonami, like Dragonball, Ultimate Muscle. While I still like some of these anime greatly, my taste has expanded into new animes.
    Such as : Haruhi Suzimiya, Lucky Star, Fruits Basket.

But the best anime are still the ones from my childhood as I held them with such fondness and childhood innocence, mostly Cardcaptors. Which had a really really bad dubbing with a great theme but I still watch the new Animes too so there a sort of balance between my choices.

In Conclusion, Cardcaptors, Fruits Basket, Haruhi, Blue Exorcist are my favourites and be the ones, I'd recommend to anime fans.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • I have been a crazy Naruto fan for about 4 years (mostly because every character has its personal story) and although I used to watch One piece , I got bored ( i frankly believe one piece will never end)
    so basically here is the list
    Naruto
    Code Geass ( loved it =3)
    Full metal alchemist
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    I also liked princes tutu when I was little ( don't laugh) and elfen lied.

Dunno if they count but "spirited away" and Howl's moving castle are my fave anime -movies...

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Grave of the Fireflies
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Cowboy Bebop
    Monster
    Death Note
    Rurouni Kenshin (before fillers)

The best anime that I have ever seen though is the Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal(Tsuiokohen) OVA series. If you have seen Rurouni Kenshin and liked it you will probably love this. If you haven't then you won't get the max out of it but it is still amazing. It is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    The best anime ive ever seen is the 7 samurai. It has the best story also.

CrystalWolf

1337 Haxorzx Spritez
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Trigun
    Oh My Goddess
    Love Hina
    Sgt Kero

I myself love some of the classics. They really show the brilliantness of Anime compared to what we have today which very CGI intensive.

Years
  • I'm not the biggest Anime fan, but I do enjoy anime.
    Here are my top animes, you should check them out. (If you want :p)
    There're not in any specific order. I like them all the same expect for...

1. Durarara (I like this anime the most.)
    2. Air Gear (OVA is good too.)
    3. Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
    4. Baccano
    5. Demon King Daimao
    6. Sekirei
    7. Eden of the East

_CruzaComplex

Steven Stone Fanatic
    Years
  • I will forever be a FullMetal Alchemist fan, though my recent lack of Netflix forbids me from finishing it. Inuyasha was good, though cliche. Those with a refined pallet may find it childish. It's still good though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Let's see...

Eden of the East: Let's face it. A good anime of the mystery genre is hard to find these days. EotE was very creative and filled with interesting plot points and memorable characters.

FMA Brotherhood: Need I say more?

Death Note: One of the greatest series I have ever watched. The anime is essentially a cat-and-mouse game between two characters.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • That question for me is hard to answer because I've watched too many good anime series'! ^^;;
    The best anime I've ever seen would be in this list because at the moment, I can't choose :3
    →Darker Than Black
    →Tales of the Abyss
    →Kuroshitsuji
    →Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
    →Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma/Emma: A Victorian Romance
    →Hetalia
    →Gosick
    →Higurashi no naku koro ni
    →Clannad/Clannad : After Story
    →Ano Hana

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't watch much anime. I don't watch much TV at all, actually. But, of the few animes I have seen, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann takes the cake with ease. Absolutely mind-blowingly fantastic. Everyone should see it.

Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar: the Last Airbender, GITS: Stand Alone Compex 2nd G.I.G.
    Avatar isn't anime! Common mistake, but it's a Western cartoon ;)

Back