• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials Tutorial] How to add more features to the Pokégear

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Hey, I hope this thread is still active. I looked at this tutorial and the steps, and I added some new options to my Pokégear-ish device (Including your Daycare-Checker, which I found working with no problems, thank you very much!).

Problem is, even after looking and experimenting with the scripts, copying/using parts I thought was neccesary from other pokegear functions, I cannot make the options show a scene I want, as I am not too experienced with ruby scripting as of now.

I used a bank system script by Black Eternity (Just sort of re-discovered PokeCommunity and can't link it, but it comes up first at google) to add a banking system to my game, which works nicely if I just activate the script from an npc, but I can't conjure up a proper scene in order to make a pokegear function check the amount of money that is currently deposited in the bank.

Could you by any means help me write a scene for this bank data pokegear function, or just help me write a basic scene in general? I understand if you do not have the time right now, but I hope you can help :)

Regards, Rabbit Heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Since I noticed similar questions in the thread I thought it wouldn't hurt asking, but I suppose I'll have to put this up somewhere else then, thanks for the heads-up :)
EDIT: Would by any chance know a place/thread where I can to script these things, or just basic ruby that I can apply to Essentials? :)

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Hello FL. I love your Scripts and since december 2015 I tried to put your scripts into my game, but there appeared many error messages. Now I've got a clean Essentials (current version) v.16 and v.16.1 I paste the files on the data folder of essentials. Now I'm trying to put your Pokégear Scripts with all functions: Watch (already done), Daycare-system, Pokégear Radio, Storage-system, well I want to download all Scripts you made for the Pokégear and put it, can you plz help me with the storage system etc. I want to rename the Pokégear as PokéNav and make it look like as in R/S/E...
I need those pictures and can't find it elsewhere, if you could help me I would appreciate it.
I downloaded the pictures from the Daycare checker-item but I want it for the Pokégear, which I want to call it as PokéNav.. also need the trainer phone or a Vs seeker instead inside it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hello FL. I love your Scripts and since december 2015 I tried to put your scripts into my game, but there appeared many error messages. Now I've got a clean Essentials (current version) v.16 and v.16.1 I paste the files on the data folder of essentials. Now I'm trying to put your Pokégear Scripts with all functions: Watch (already done), Daycare-system, Pokégear Radio, Storage-system, well I want to download all Scripts you made for the Pokégear and put it, can you plz help me with the storage system etc. I want to rename the Pokégear as PokéNav and make it look like as in R/S/E...
I need those pictures and can't find it elsewhere, if you could help me I would appreciate it.
I downloaded the pictures from the Daycare checker-item but I want it for the Pokégear, which I want to call it as PokéNav.. also need the trainer phone or a Vs seeker instead inside it.
For DayCareChecker, just follow main thread post, for Storage System, this post. The trainer phone is default on Essentials, for VS Seeker, try using Mej71 one. My guess (untested): Follow the entire tutorial and, copy the code between "ItemHandlers::UseInField.add(:VSSEEKER,proc{|item|" and "})" pasting in a new "def". After adding the method, instead of adding

Code:
       if @cmdSomething>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdSomething
        pbPlayDecisionSE()
        pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
           scene=SomethingScene.new
           screen=Something.new(scene)
           screen.pbStartScreen
        }
      end

Add:

Code:
       if @cmdVVSeeker>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdVVSeeker
        yourVSMethodCall
      end

For PokéNav images, I suggest ripping from screens in this page.

Years
For DayCareChecker, just follow main thread post, for Storage System, this post. The trainer phone is default on Essentials, for VS Seeker, try using Mej71 one. My guess (untested): Follow the entire tutorial and, copy the code between "ItemHandlers::UseInField.add(:VSSEEKER,proc{|item|" and "})" pasting in a new "def". After adding the method, instead of adding

Code:
       if @cmdSomething>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdSomething
        pbPlayDecisionSE()
        pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
           scene=SomethingScene.new
           screen=Something.new(scene)
           screen.pbStartScreen
        }
      end

Add:

Code:
       if @cmdVVSeeker>=0 && @sprites["command_window"].index==@cmdVVSeeker
        yourVSMethodCall
      end

For PokéNav images, I suggest ripping from screens in this page.

It's going to be slightly different, when you use the VS Seeker from your bag it will exit the bag since it's more of a field item, and then use it.

Back