• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Yeap, pretty damn pumped for the new Gintama anime. Its gonna be pretty damn sweet. Might just put the manga on hold till the anime comes tbh. I haven't read it in weeks anyway.

And since someone mentioned Jojo P4, I'd like to comment that Part 4 has been excellent so far. Each week, there's some new and exciting content. And it never fails to surprise me with the kind of powers it comes up with and their creative usage. Great stuff. :D

On a different note, started watching Major about two weeks ago? Or slightly less. And I've already finished five seasons of it. Am on season 6 and might just finish it tonight XD;

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Nice, more Major fans. I ended up going through three seasons really fast, but I'm slowing it down for a while, don't want to run out of Major too fast.

Years
  • Major isn't one that delves too deep into technical side of the game but the author has some genuine love and it does come through. Suspension of disbelief will be needed in places (like with most sports anime) but it was really very good. Don't get many series that take a character from childhood all the way to the end of a long pro sports career.

Shame that guy's boxing series wasn't so great (cute grill though).

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I enjoyed Buyuden, but yeah Major is much better. It's a shame it got canned though, since it was only in "S2" if we compare it to Major. I really wonder why injuries are so rare in sports anime (at least in those I saw, not counting minor injuries or unimportant characters)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Finally caight up fully with JoJo, what a great series, I can only imagine how good the manga is, gonna try and read it as well fro comparative reasons. Spoilers for part 4:
    Spoiler:

Now that I have binged this series, what should I go for next? I'm literally just choosing out of things I have heard or small clips I loved, and going in blind, and right now my top 3 picks would be:
    D. Gray Man
    Gintama
    That cooking Shonen with suggestive foodgasms

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Finally got my crunchyroll account revived and I've started the Anime "YuruYuri" and I'm already on episode 9..It's absolutely addicting! It's so cute and I love the all-female cast. It's a really good one to watch if you're not looking for something super heavy.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Finally got my crunchyroll account revived and I've started the Anime "YuruYuri" and I'm already on episode 9..It's absolutely addicting! It's so cute and I love the all-female cast. It's a really good one to watch if you're not looking for something super heavy.
    Yuri schoolgirls are the best :D
    And it gets even better with subsequent seasons =D

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    One Punch Man 2 is announced for 2017, god is real, and the world hopefully won't end by a Trump presidency by then.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Right, but anime was a mistake, so...

I started YY a while back, and Yuyushiki the same day. I should get back into those.

Speaking of, Fall's gonna be a sad time. Had a lot of fun this season. And last season. And hell, even the season before that. Hope there are some real surprise hits coming out of Fall, but...eh. Not counting on it too much.

Years
  • EEkviAC.png
    bruh

Well if all else fails I'm sure this will be educational.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I barely cared about the OPM anime even though I still enjoy the manga somewhat and would likely vote for Trump if I was able to (he gets taken way out of context imo). I don't see how they could get a S2 out of the manga version since it updates slowly and is has been in a filter arc for around half a year.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • From what I've heard the manga kind of goes all generic battle shounen after the point S1 ended at. But honestly even a generic battle shounen sounds more interesting than OnePun getting repeated over and over again. Like two episodes of people jobbing and Saitama one punching the villain in a second just isn't funny anymore after they repeat it 10 times.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • The manga the anime is based on has been in a tournament arc that wasn't in the web comic from what I heard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back