• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Apologies mods, I have to reply this as a separate post.

To be honest, I am not as hopeful. The Gen 9 mons, abilities, moves, and Gen 9 sprites will probably take a long time to make. And by a long time, I am talking about a good 6-7 months, or maybe even more. Which means that, if you want to play Unbound with Gen 9 mons, you gotta wait until next summer at the very least.

And this does not take into the account that this romhack may have a chance to lock them behind some weird requirements. Kindly remember that Gen 8 mons were not available in the Unbound two years after they were first made. And after that, they were locked into the trades initially, and some weird mechanism of DexNav called "the special encounters" afterwards. Yeah, you could redeem the code for Zarude to trigger them, but this means that if you are not on New Game+, you can play with Gen 8 mons only at the postgame. They (the Gen 9 mons I mean) will most likely to be able to be traded from Unbound Cloud (remember that not just Unbound is compatible with the Cloud; some other CFRU hacks like Magical Altering Gym Menagerie and the future versions of Inflamed Red will be compatible with them too), and you should wait for Inflamed Red to add Gen 9 mons too, to be able to trade them from that hack.

In short, Unbound will most likely add them, but you may only be able to trade from Unbound Cloud legally, if you are interested in it. And it will take quite a bit of time, let me assure you.

Well, actually I'm not looking forword G9 Pokemon to be added, but G9 other things to be added, such as Gallade could have Sharpness ability and could learn Sacred Sword move.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    wouldn't this game be better on rpgmaker format cause then not all the names would be cut off

The game would lose its great trainer AI that puts fan-games to shame (at least I still have not seen any fan-game with good AI), and probably many other features and things in the process, just for a very few Gen 7-8 Pokémon whose names are shortened... it's definitely not worth it.

i saved the game but now all my progress is gone ill use the save state now but i still did two hours of the game i like the game just sucks my progress disappeared.

That's a problem with the emulator you're using. Try google searching how to configure it so it saves correctly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    I now try finishing remain missions, but they are so hard...

Why portal can't see in certain place sometimes?
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Where's cell in Seaport City? I running around but couldn't see it anywhere :(

And... what & where is Autl Woods???

Years
  • I now try finishing remain missions, but they are so hard...

Why portal can't see in certain place sometimes?

Bring Raikou and Entei to Ruins of Void; Suicune will appear. Later, bring all three (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) to where you fought Lugia and Ho-Oh before, and with the three encounter and catch them.

Where's cell in Seaport City? I running around but couldn't see it anywhere :(

It is in the ship from Polder to Seaport or vice-versa. Check the captain's room specifically.

And... what & where is Autl Woods???

Go to the house where you defeated the Shadows before, and use Surf on one of the lakes you passed through. The TM is there. If it is not, check one of the houses where it has an underground pathway to another house in Tehl and go south to the lake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    The game would lose its great trainer AI that puts fan-games to shame (at least I still have not seen any fan-game with good AI)

Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation. Pokemon Uranium and Insurgence. Pokemon Xenoverse.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Not sure where to forward this info to, so just floating it out here. I'm playing Unbound for the first time. Just beat the 7th gym, and when I went to use Waterfall for the first time in the overworld... my Slowking wouldn't use it! *shocked Pikachu face*

I checked the moveset through the IV checker, and... yup, Slowking can't learn Waterfall in this game! Not sure if this is an oversight, albeit a small one, but if so I wanted to throw it out there. Traditionally, the Slowpoke line can use it. Not sure whether there are future updates in the works.

Overall, just a minor inconvenience for me. It'll give me incentive to pick and breed a physical water type for the last leg of the game. (Though my team already consists of 12 Pokémon.) I'm just not big on water types, but Slowking is one of my all time favorite Pokémon and one of 3 I'll have on almost any fangame team. He's often my ONLY water type and go-to surfer. With the whole HM thing it's especially useful when HMs dont have to be taught to be used in the overworld.

This is already one of my favorite fangames of all time, and I can see a lot of passion and attention to detail went into this!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    [...] yup, Slowking can't learn Waterfall in this game! Not sure if this is an oversight, albeit a small one, but if so I wanted to throw it out there. Traditionally, the Slowpoke line can use it.
    Having quickly looked over Bulbapedia and Serebii, it seems the Slowpoke line never was able to learn Waterfall... Not sure if I have overlooked it though (Strg+F'd). They can in Gen9 however.
    Iirc, I noticed Gen7 and 8 learnsets in Unbound. It possibly is Gen8 with adaptations for pre-Gen8 mons.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    When I reach Blizzard City, I get it, but still there have many Pokemon you can't find them easily, such as swarm hourly. Also I don't like collect Pokedex, just feel it boring and annoying.

Fair enough.
    As for swarms, there used to be a trick when they changed daily. I don't know if it still works the same way, but if you saved, waited for the next day (hour now maybe), you could reload your game and always get a different swarm. Does not work with save states, I assume.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    When I reach Blizzard City, I get it, but still there have many Pokemon you can't find them easily, such as swarm hourly. Also I don't like collect Pokedex, just feel it boring and annoying.

Don't bother, just use cheat, save yourself some trouble.
    People might call you a cheater, but it is the same to them as well, they use wonder trade to get pokemon anyway.
    It make no difference with cheat code.

Back