• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen today
    what's the shiny situation in this? Is it standard odds? do they even exist? Are there ways of making odds better?

Standard odds. Can be boosted through DexNav chaining (you get DexNav in the third gym's town, unless you play Sandbox mode)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    this is one the best rom hacks that I have ever played. I really enjoy the graphics and story

I have a suggestion for Unbound Cloud though:
    In the Battle Frontier demo, you can edit stats of all pokémon to perfect IV for free and get easy legendaries. In Mystical Altering Gym Melangerie, you get 2 free boxes of competitive pokémon. I think that you could make it so that you can't transfer to or from the "competitive battle" games, but you can send copies of pokémon from other games (like Unbound or inflamed red if that ever gets support)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do UNBOUND CLOUD is not working on save file that is not yet done with the league? because I tried to trade with my new game save file to old game save file but I can't upload my pokemon in my new game save file in the unbound cloud but it works on my old game save file..

Era_is_Me

This isn't Blood, it's Mountain Dew Code Red.
    Years
  • Hey there. I'm VERY new to this whole Rom hacking business and have watched a few videos to see what I'm doing wrong, but I'm continually getting a "Patch doesn't match File" pop-up in NUPS. Do I need to change the file name of my Pokemon FireRed to something else? I'm kind of unsure what I'm missing.

Sorry in advance for this noob question!

Years
  • Hey there. I'm VERY new to this whole Rom hacking business and have watched a few videos to see what I'm doing wrong, but I'm continually getting a "Patch doesn't match File" pop-up in NUPS. Do I need to change the file name of my Pokemon FireRed to something else? I'm kind of unsure what I'm missing.

Sorry in advance for this noob question!

Try patching using ROM Patcher JS: https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/. Provide the clean FireRed 1.0 gba file to "ROM file:" field, the patch you downloaded to the "Patch file:" field, press "Apply patch" button, download the .gba or .agb file to your PC and play there.

Note that I cannot provide the link for FireRed 1.0 version for obvious reasons; you have to look it up on your own. Also, I suggested the Rom Patcher JS link since not only it is compatible with all kinds of patches, but also it is the best of the bunch.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Just curious about something
    So the starters, Beldum, Gible, and Larviatar all have a "slow" growth rate, which basically means it needs 1,250,000 exp to go from level 1 to 100, which usually shies me away from using mons like that because I have negative patience
    But I've noticed the Gabite I'm keeping as basically an HM slave grows very fast, nearly as fast as my Luxray and Lucario, so I was wondering if the growth rates were changed a bit to better give them a "starter" status

Years
  • Just curious about something
    So the starters, Beldum, Gible, and Larviatar all have a "slow" growth rate, which basically means it needs 1,250,000 exp to go from level 1 to 100, which usually shies me away from using mons like that because I have negative patience
    But I've noticed the Gabite I'm keeping as basically an HM slave grows very fast, nearly as fast as my Luxray and Lucario, so I was wondering if the growth rates were changed a bit to better give them a "starter" status

In Unbound all three starters are given a "medium slow" growth rate. My level 100 Garchomp had 1.059.860 experience total for instance, and not 1.250.000.

Years
    • Seen today

Yeah, their growth rates have been changed. Not only that, they received some adjustments in their movesets to make them more early-game friendly, like Gible getting Metal Claw and Fire Fang to make it much more useful against the first gym. Otherwise pseudo-legendaries, no matter how powerful they eventually become, would be awful Pokémon to train early on.

Years
  • Beldum is so weak among the 3 starters. It barely learns anything useful

Definitely disagree with you here. Once you get the Metagrossite, Mega Metagross is a very hard-hitting attacker thanks to its increased Speed (from 70 to 110), Attack (135 to 145), and Tough Claws. Teach it Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, etc., and you will have a monster on your hands. This is also why you get Metagrossite much later when you are playing on Insane Difficulty and started with Beldum.

Years
    • Seen today
    Beldum is so weak among the 3 starters. It barely learns anything useful

It's the most broken one when it fully + Mega evolves, plus it's also the fastest to evolve. So I guess it makes sense that trainers who picked it have to work a bit harder in the early game to compensate.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    Im having trouble starting the game, it keeps getting stuck on the "welcome to pokemon unbound, before you begin playing" screen and nothing else is happening. Any help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I played this a while and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wondering when cube corps interior will be added.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Hello,I really love this rom back and I wanting to suggest you about adding "Pokemon following you" features,some of rom hack that I play already have this feature and was wondering if you can add this too on this rom hack of yours

Years
  • Hello,I really love this rom back and I wanting to suggest you about adding "Pokemon following you" features,some of rom hack that I play already have this feature and was wondering if you can add this too on this rom hack of yours

I don't think that is possible since Pokémon Unbound has chock full of things already, and the following sprites will create an additional space issue. This is why it is unlikely that Gen 9 will be added too.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Hey everyone, hopefully this thread is still somewhat active cause I really need someone to help me with this.

So I'm trying to breed an alolan vulpix with a ditto that has some pretty nice IVs but those two aren't compatible enough for an egg to produce. Is there something I need to do first so they can breed?

I just recently finished the third gym and I just reach Fallshore City, I'm still early on the game so I thought that some sort of wallblock is enable so that I can't breed these guys. I'm also on expert too in case this difficulty is relevant to this problem.

Anyway, can anyone help me on this? Major thanks in advance.

Back