• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's your favorite superhero story?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Is Zorro a superhero? I dressed up as him for Halloween once as a kid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I also really like X-men though. The universe with mutants, is pretty cool and means that not every mutant needs to be a "superhero". Some have really bothersome mutations. Makes the characters more human than some, uh, DC and other Marvel chars... haha.

I was also recently introduced to Worm. While I have only RPd slightly in a fan version of that universe, and only read the first chapter of the online novel, I must say their way of doing superpowers is super cool. Check out Worm if you haven't, tbh!

pkmin3033

Urgh, I dunno...I've read so many comics over the years it'd be hard to pin down a single story that I've enjoyed more than anything else. I can't even remember half of what I've read. The 90s Spiderman and X-Men story arcs - the second Clone Saga and Age of Apocalypse - spring to mind first, as those were what got me into comics, but Straczynski's entire Spiderman run was absolutely incredible. Hickman's Avengers run and 2015's Secret Wars were really good too. Oh, and Thor has been of consistently amazing quality for the last few years. The artwork is beautiful, Jane Foster's Thor is perhaps the best change Marvel has done since Secret Wars, and it's done wonders for the Odinson as a character too.

The first Thor is also my favourite MCU movie, as it's the only film to date that doesn't make a mess of its central antagonist.

Also, the 90s superhero cartoons were the best. Batman TAS is fantastic - Mask of the Phantasm is still the best Batman film of all time - and the 90s Spiderman and X-Men cartoons were good too. X-Men Evolution was good too, even if it ended rather abruptly. Batman: The Brave and the Bold also gets a mention solely for the Music Meister episode. That's probably my favourite cartoon episode...ever.

I'd better not go into Power Rangers, or I'll triple the length of this post. But the five-part Green with Evil arc, and everything that led to? I think that is probably the greatest superhero origin story I've ever seen.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • the Star Wars films

i know they aren't "super hero films" but I think Luke Skywalker is a definitely a super hero. The characters in Star Wars fight evil using the Force, which is a sort of super power in its own right.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    While I wouldn't call it My Favourite Superhero Story, I've always thought that Unbreakable gets unfairly maligned because of its precarious position of not only being a Shyamalan film, but being the one to follow the enormously successful Sixth Sense. The genesis of a hero and how we (and those directly involved in the narrative itself) perceive the idea of 'superheroes' themselves gest a very human take - not in the dark and gritty style of human as seen in Watchmen, which is still caught up in the comic stylings of the superhero existence, but a very real world look at the concept of superheroes which I've always found so engaging upon watching it. Deserves a first watch from those who haven't seen it and a second watch from those who have.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • While I wouldn't call it My Favourite Superhero Story, I've always thought that Unbreakable gets unfairly maligned because of its precarious position of not only being a Shyamalan film, but being the one to follow the enormously successful Sixth Sense. The genesis of a hero and how we (and those directly involved in the narrative itself) perceive the idea of 'superheroes' themselves gest a very human take - not in the dark and gritty style of human as seen in Watchmen, which is still caught up in the comic stylings of the superhero existence, but a very real world look at the concept of superheroes which I've always found so engaging upon watching it. Deserves a first watch from those who haven't seen it and a second watch from those who have.
    yes! Unbreakable is a really interesting movie and definitely a unique style of superhero film compared to the norm of the superhero action movie formula that nearly all of them adhere to these days. I will definitely have to give it a second watch sometime, it's been a few years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Captain America, always. Well, maybe at least until Marvel's next major film release.

Years
  • I don't enjoy serious stories too much but I do love superhero parodies like Blank Man and Superhero Movie.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, perhaps Star Wars counts, haha, but I'd probably call that more a mix between fantasy/magic and scifi than place it in the comparably narrow "superhero" category.

BillyGal

Banned
    Years
  • Yato is my fav :)
    what's your favorite superhero story?

Back