• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever been bullied/teased for liking Pokemon?

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
Years
  • I must say, My mates didn't stop playing till like a year after leaf green. And so did I, that was on my own accord though. I thought This Summer Holidays I'd liek a DS so I asked my Dad he said no you cant have a DS, So instead my nan Said she'd buy me one. And I didn't even ask her O_o So I got poekmon with it. And I've liked it since then. Only two of my friends found out I had got it with my DS *even though i Had no choice, it was part of the offer* And they didn't even say anything. One of them went to buy it, The other siad he might, I'll probably won't tell anyone I paly it though when im back in school

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    Ehh, I've never really gotten bullied for liking pokemon. There was one time, in 5th grade, me, my sister and my best friend were riding the bus home, and someone bought up pokemon. I kept trying to insist that I didn't like it, but my sister pretty much just yelled out that I liked it {though she did too}. I was really nervous that my friend was gonna laugh at me, but she just said "Oh, you could've told me, y'know." and said she wouldn't laugh or anything. Only, the next year, she turned into one of those mean popular people and stopped hanging out with me, but anyway...

That was the only time I ever told anyone I liked pokemon besides my sister, and my neighbors who like pokemon too.

.Brendan

Years
  • Ive gotten bullied so much i have to hide it, i get beaten up sometimes, so im sorry everyone

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I know I'd be teased and frowned upon if I revealed that I like pokemon to others at college. I don't know anyone else there who likes it. That's kind of sad, I guess... =(
    Nobody knows except my brother.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 18, 2008
    I don't really care what people think, so if the subject comes up i have no problem saying i enjoy pokémon to anyone.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • Not really...
    Then again, despite being 20, I look (including height) and sound 13.
    So people think I'm on the "acceptable" age range. xD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • When my friends asked what I had done over the summer. I basically told them I played 90 hours on the new Pokemon game. As well as all the important things.

Some people tease me about it. But I'm not bothered at all. I enjoy the games. So I'm not bothered.

SheiK

Rawr Blargh
    Years
  • The best trend you can follow is your own trend.

Sometimes, I don't talk about my Pokemon journeys whatsoever. Not really to save face, but just because you can't relate to a lot of people on that level. I'm not really ashamed of it though when someone finds out, because I enjoy the game and that's all that matters. It's super fun!

And Pokemon is totally NOT geeky!

I've even gotten some friends to release their inner Pikachu as well. :p

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • because of my love of pokemon,i tried my hardest to get into Center for Information Technology, and i did.So,maybe i can do something with pokemon for a project....

lol in to help what i didi for my situation I did a project called gotta dis em all pokemon. I got to get involveed w/ pokem0on w/o spilling my secret. They wern't even good disses. IT was just like delibird got fired from being santa's helper and stuff like that.

Gallade~Dude

Yay! a new Avatar!
    Years
  • a friend i made today who was new to my school asked if i could keep a secret, and he said that he liked pokemon and i sai d i like it to.but he said that he has been bullyed for like pokemon at his old school.

P.S: i am in 7th grade.

J-Rad

Years
  • a friend i made today who was new to my school asked if i could keep a secret, and he said that he liked pokemon and i sai d i like it to.but he said that he has been bullyed for like pokemon at his old school.

P.S: i am in 7th grade.

I'm in 8th and I still like it. So if u think that's crazy old to like pokemon ur crazy. Also cuz a handful of Adults play it

J-Rad

Years
  • O.k what ever back to school I just hate hhow hypocritical school is. They're like U like pokemon ur gay then go talk to their friends about guitar hero. Whitch in my opinion isn't even a game. Just u pushing buttons in a specific order. NO stratagies at all. Like thats fun.

Gallade~Dude

Yay! a new Avatar!
    Years
  • yeah, i dont guitar hero alot.
    in 6 grade i was bullyed a lot and was called gay because i played pokemon.
    So far nobody in my new 7 grade class knows that i like it.(execpt friends).1 of my friends hates pokemon and he does not care if i play it.

1 question. isint being gay mean liking the same gender?How is pokemon gay?

J-Rad

Years
  • yeah but people distort words a lot because a** actually means donkey, but people don't seem to care. In this world I think people call other eople gay, becasue gay people are wierd and saying ur gay means ur really wierd and strange

Back