• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite movie?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • With all the new movies coming out, why not have this kind of topic?

What Pokémon anime move do you guys like the most? Why?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Zoroark Master of Illusions.

I keep this movie in such high regard because it's what got me into the series in the first place (that and nostalgia).

It seems whenever I watch it it fills me with a good feeling, like I get transported back to when I was 11 and watched it on Cartoon Network for the first time.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon4ever. I've always been fond of this one, because I find the story of young professor Oak time travelling with Celebi to be an interesting plot. Seeing older Pokemon technology was also really cool. The climax also made me cry the first time I watched this movie about ten or eleven years ago now... It's a rather unforgettable experience, if you ask me.

I'm not sure what my second favorite would be, though? The Manaphy movie was also pretty good, but it's by no means a favorite.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • The Rise of Darkrai is my favourite, I think it was the first Pokémon movie that I watched, and when I was younger I used to wacth it all the time because I really enjoyed it. Haven't watched it for a few years now though, perhaps I'll watch it again some time soon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I've been planning to rewatch all the movies since I now own all of them up to Gen 5. Haven't found a combo pack with Gen 6 in yet.

Anyway, my favorite has always been 2000. However, now that I think about it, I prefer both Mystery of Mew and Temple of the Sea. If I had to choose one, Temple of the Sea is probably my favorite.

1. The Temple of the Sea.
    2. Mystery of Mew.
    3. Power of One.
    4. The Clash of Ages
    5. Power of Us.

Temple of the Sea, I love because of the relationship May has with Manaphy. As well as the relationship between May and Ash when Ash basically dies. I also really love the song that plays when the Pokemon Ranger has his flash back. This is why it's my favorite.

Even though Wish Maker isn't in my top 5, I would like to just give it a mention. It was my first Pokemon movie I owned. I got it during a baseball tournament. I love the song in it as well and the relationship between Max and May in that movie. It reminds me so much of my sister and myself.

Last edited:

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Wish Maker, so much. It brings me back to my childhood and the songs are nice.
    Heroes and 2000 are honorable mentions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The first three are all decent to me. The only other one that stood out was Pokemon Heroes BUT to be fair I've only seen a few others besides the ones I've mentioned.

Years
  • Rise of Darkrai
    Lucario and The Mystery of Mew
    Pokemon Heroes
    Pokemon 4ever
    Giratina and The Sky Warrior
    Spell of the Unown
    Zoroark Master of Illusions

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I'd have to say Pokémon heroes. I have such an emotional attachment to that one cause it was so n of the first movies I ever remember watching. Sadly I can't find it anywhere

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The 2000 movie has always been my favorite, and I've seen the first movie countless times because of re-watching it constantly as a kid, oops.

Aside from those two, since I've gotten older my favorites are Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and the Zoroark movie was pretty good!

Honorable mention to Temple of the Sea, and Wishmaker!

I've still never seen The Power of Us, but it's about to be open on Netflix right now. lol

Years
  • I love Pokemon Heroes, it was so nostalgic to me when I watched it in Summer 2007 (aka the best summer), the opening is phenomenal, no opening to a movie ever gets me more hyped than this movie's. The movie itself is good, and has more moments that gave me the feels than any previous movie (besides the 3rd one) had.

I also like the Deoxys, Lucario, Zorua, and Hoopa movies.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Hmm, I'd say probably the Hoopa and the Clash of Ages movie, it was really intense and fun seeing all of the legendary Pokemon from previous generations in one specific place.

I'm upset that Dahara City wasn't in the XY video game, though 😢

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2020
    Giratina and the Sky Warrior! DP is my favourite series and I love SHaymin sooo

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Pokémon Heroes is definitely in first place for me. I love seeing the environments of Alto Mare and recognizing different parts of the city as actual locations in Venice that they based Alto Mare on. Plus the story overall is really heart wrenching and is the main reason Latios was one of my favorite Pokémon as a kid, and remains in my top 10 to this day.

Giratina and the Sky Warrior is in second though. It's got Shaymin so I can't not love it.

Back