• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like about your country?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    England.
    Best history of any country... but that's all. We were awesome —with our longbows and billhooks and a tendancy to pwn random countries when we feel like it— but not now.

Years
  • I live in Canada. The things I obviously love about Canada is how well health care is covered for those under 18. It saved me A LOT of headache when I had to go to the hospital. XD
    And another obvious one: the democracy. Ya gotta love it. <3

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I live in the US. I like the fact you can vote, the fact that our army used to serve us and the fact that income tax is a choice but I hate how it's just a trick to pay off the stupid dept. I love the freedom we used to have even though I probably didn't get to enjoy it, the fact the US wasn't always a evil controlled country that would bomb buildings just for a stupid war so yea. The US maybe a awful place but it used to be great. I just hope Obama will fix it back to normal.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
  • What do I like about England? Well...

- The history: All of it. There was always something going on. The Roman invasion, the British Empire...oh yeah, we rock.
    - The weather: I LIKE cold, wet and miserable, alright? The weather is the one thing I can find that is more miserable than I am, so I'm usually quite happy when it rains.
    - The educational system: I got out of Secondary School two years before people got out of High School. Thank GOD. From what I've heard, our standards of education are a lot higher, as well.
    - The fact that we still have a monarchy. The Queen might not really govern the country anymore, but...its a tradition that has withstood the changing times, and I like that.
    - London. I grew up almost as a country boy - I've never lived anywhere but extremely small villages. I go to University in the city, but London...London is something else. Its HUGE. The opera/theatre there is top class, as well.
    - Our stereotype. I just find it so amusing that the rest of the world can be so ignorant! When people think of England, they tend to think of rich, eccentric snobs who like to play cricket and drink cups of tea, and occasionally go hunting. People not English doing English accents just makes me laugh.
    - The Royal Marines. The finest soldiers in the world.
    - The British Pound Sterling. To hell with Euros, we use our own currency.
    - The health care. Even though I'm always complaining about it, its better than a lot of countries get, anyway.

I love living in this country <3

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I like the United States because of it's history and climate.

It's pretty much a mixture of all the countries in the world.

I don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but exactly what can you LIKE about Americas history? ;l. America's history is like a 1000th of the worlds history, small countries in Europe that you probably have never heard of were eating with falks and knives before America was discovered. America had Al Capone, the racism on black people, taking over countries and getting them to adopt your values, look at islands close to America. The NATO bombing lead by Clinton, which was the spark for massive hatred against the US in most of Europe and Asia.

But I would settle for the skate parks and climate ;D.

The thing I like about Australia is theres no such thing as an Australian other than Aboriginals. So everyone has a different culture and view on things, you rarely find people that think or act the same. Plus I love summer when you go to the beaches, but also winter when you get hugs from the girls while its cold ;).

The thing I hate about Australia is the poor education of problems in the world, but rather suck ups to England and America, you never learn the full side of the story to anything.
    I would kill for a more interesting education, no joke.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    i like how each and every country is new no matter where you go :) so theres always a new culture or place to learn about - always ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I like the US just for everything about it.

I enjoy everything about it, including our PRESENT government under President Bush. (remember, Obama isn't officially President until January)

I'm proud to be an American.

~Mooshykris

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • What I like about Germany? Well, we have a great and long history and we are the successors of the Roman Empire. Of course, we had bad times, most noticely the World War II. However, it was started by a few people with fanatic, mad and bads intention.
    Germany brought lot of the most important scientists, poets and thinker, like Albert Einstein, Goethe or so. We also have a great literature and a stable democracy, a super social system, so that no one must be homeless or hungry. Oh, and we have one of the hardest language to learn as a foreign language.
    I'm proud to be German.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Hmm, what do I like about Canada, eh?

-Free health care, the metric system, and low crime rates(when compared to the US)
    -I also like the fact that Canada is a peaceful nation, separating from Britain via a paper-signing rather than civil war. And we didn't go to Iraq. =D
    -Canada is the birthplace of the sports hockey, basketball, and lacrosse
    -Also the birthplace of the telephone =D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hmm, what do I like about Canada, eh?

-Free health care, the metric system, and low crime rates(when compared to the US)
    -I also like the fact that Canada is a peaceful nation, separating from Britain via a paper-signing rather than civil war. And we didn't go to Iraq. =D
    -Canada is the birthplace of the sports hockey, basketball, and lacrosse
    -Also the birthplace of the telephone =D

Ah yes, that reminds me, I also love the fact that we use the ENGLISH System here :P

Go English System!

~Mooshykris

Years
  • Labour...

The fact that Gordon Brown is up for election next year?

I actually like our weather, villages and football (Soccer, But rightfully named football by its creators (From England) Because you actually kick the ball).

There isnt much to like though.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Oh wow, seriously? Kuwait seems to be the place to be in this global economic crisis. Pack your bags, gentleman! We are moving to Kuwait. :P

How is no snow a good thing? I always thought it would have been a bad thing. But maybe that's cause I've always wanted to go to the snow. >_<

Haha! XD It's an awesome country, but getting a decent job there is difficult, as you could imagine. Getting a degree from a university does NOT guarantee you a job in Kuwait... this might be the case with every other location, but I got the impression that you're guaranteed to have a very decent job in Canada once you have your degree.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I live in Britain which manages to kick ass in wars

*cough*exceptagainstAmerica*cough* Joke! That was a joke!

Anyways, seeing as I live in the absolute best place on earth (California FTW!), it's nearly impossible to complain about my country. We have everything here: comfortable climate year-round, tons of different kinds of food, products from everywhere, the beach, and Las Vegas. What's not to love?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, I don't know. Ever since the recession hit, it doesn't really look like there's anything good about Ireland.

Actually, I do know that I'm always going to be grateful for two Irish sports, hurling and Gaelic football. Best sports in the world.

And that's about it.

Back