• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunter's Guild - A Monster Hunter Fan Club

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
The Hunter's Guild
A Monster Hunter Fan Club

Welcome!
Welcome to the Hunter's Guild! Here, you can chat about anything and everything Monster Hunter! Trying to complete an armor set from a particularly difficult monster? Survived a clash with a Fanged Wyvern by the skin of your teeth? Just finished reading the manga? You're welcome to grab a seat, and tell us all about it here.

And, if you're new to the franchise:
The Monster Hunter (モンスターハンター Monsutā Hantā) franchise is a series of fantasy-themed action role-playing video games that started with the game Monster Hunter for PlayStation 2. The series is developed and published by Capcom. As the title suggests, the player takes the role of a hunter in a fantasy environment and completes quests by hunting out specific kinds of monsters to kill or capture.

Rules
• All Pokécommunity rules and guidelines apply here
• Try to stay active, and be pleasant and respectful to everybody.
• No behaviour that is detrimental to the health of the club or its members (flaming, trolling, baiting, etc).
• Please try to stay on topic.

Current Topic
What's the most difficult quest you've completed to date?
Multiplayer or solo - what do you prefer?
Do you buy decorations for your room? Or leave it bare?I
What's your favourite monster? What monster do you hate?

Member List
• Grimace • MH3U •
• Lisia • MH4U • 5026-4611-0782 •
• Deceptio • MH3U •
• Rabbit • MH4U • 4699-7220-5840 •

Username: (The name you registered with)
Nickname: (The name you want to be known by)
Favourite Weapon Type:
Current Game: (Are you currently playing one of the games? if so, which one?)
3DS Friend Code:
Reply to the topic!

Last edited:
Years
I've been keeping an eye on this club and it saddens me that no one has joined yet. Such nice CSS in the op and everything. It's a little embarrassing that a newbie to the franchise like me is the first to try to join, but I don't wanna see this club fade away... Sign me up!

Username: Lisia
Nickname: Bella (My character's IGN, in case I ever hunt with someone.)
Favourite Weapon Type: I've tried out each of the weapons, and so far I'm leaning toward the Charge Blade. I get the feeling it and the Insect Glaive are popular with both newbies and MH vets alike.
Current Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
3DS Friend Code: 5026-4611-0782
Reply to the topic! The most difficult quest I've completed to date? Egg delivery quests. Well, since I've just dived into Monster Hunter for the first time and am still early in the game... I can't say I've hit a rocky spot yet. Though I'm sure I will soon, probably. At least with higher-level Guild Quests or when I meet Gore Magala for the first time.

Psst! I'll advertise the club thread on my signature!

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Ah! I'm so sorry I left this hanging for so long!

Anyhoo, it sounds like they've done a good job of making the earlier quests somewhat manageable for new players it totally didn't take me a month to beat the great Jaggi in tri the first time. Which is probably a good idea before it starts dropping things like the Gore Magala on people's heads.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
A monster hunter club with so few members...? This is a disgrace! I must join my fellow hunters at once!

Username: Deceptio

Nickname: Deceptio or "J" will do fine.

Favourite Weapon Type: I prefer to use the Switch axe and dual blades before all others. Though I do have some experience with gunlance and hammer as well. (For the sake of breaking monsters for mats mostly.)

Current Game:
MH3U is a constant presence on my Wii U. I hope to get MH4 soon as well!

3DS Friend Code:
I'm in a rush right now so I'll post this soon!

Most difficult quest eh?

I remember facing great jaggi for the first time in tri... I was a kid, with nothing but my hunters knife... and I had no idea what I was doing at all. Still, the satisfaction of defeating the beast for the first time was immense... and G.J. is a joke. (As it is for many hunters.)

Other notable challenges have been the solo fight against Caedeus... the solo fight against Jhen Mohran (I was under prepared for that one)... and the fight against Alatreon. Other than that though I find most hunts pleasantly challenging yet very doable with a decent team.

Last edited:

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Welcome aboard!

And yeah, the ahare at Jaggi. Yeeeaaah. To be fair, it's not like you have awesome stuff to kill things with then. Although I suspect that was only part of the issue there :P I gotta say, I do enjoy it when the G.J appears in unstable quests. A quick buck? Yes please!

Jay

Years
*Nods* Ha! Yeah I have to agree there... though I have to say I do feel sorry for it sometimes. You could be fighting something much bigger and tougher... the G.J. comes in and tries to fight, only to be tossed harshly aside in less than a few minutes.

Poor guy.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
That's true. G.J spends so much time making himself look like a badass velociraptor boss, and then we all kill him in about a minute. All that effort for nothing.

Jay

Years
One of these days I'm hoping that they MH4 comes out with a DLC quest that pits you against some sort of giant great jaggi with a much more aggressive AI and a massive buff to its damage and defenses. It would be hilarious to fight against a super overpowered G.J., give the guy a chance for revenge. XD

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
I've been anticipating this group and failed to notice it popped up in the last month. Probably due to my distraction with MH4U. So, here goes!

Username: Shiny Bunnelby

Nickname: Rabbit

Favourite Weapon Type: Insect Glaive. Swift attack, decent damage, projectile and melee, buffs, and pole-vaulting?! Come on! It's superior. I'm also a Horn, Light Bowgun, and Dual Blades fan.

Current Game: MH4U

3DS Friend Code: 4699-7220-5840

Hardest Quest: Hunting the Crimson Qurupeco in MH3U. Deviljho wrecked me over and over again. I only had so many dung bombs to get rid of the guy. I ended up just capturing it and never doing that quest again. It's been smooth sailing ever since.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Oh man that quest. That queeeest. The game hadn't really scared me up till then, but that certainly did. I ran out of dung bombs in the end and had to resort to hit and run tactics :P Funnily enough, I never did it again either.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
The best way to go about it, I've noticed, is to keep putting Peco between you and Jho anytime they are in the same area. Since Peco could do a song that puts Jho into rage mode, well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Jho can be a bro.

Jay

Years
I never really had trouble with that quest if I'm being honest. Jho's attacks are all pretty predictable to me, you just have to be a bit more patient than usual and use Jho to your advantage like you've said Bunnelby.

I managed to do the quest without using any dung bombs. ^^

Back