• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your new years resolution?

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    i've never really done new years resolutions before, but i was thinking just earlier of changes i want to make, and it happens to be the beginning of 2019 so... i guess these can be resolutions!!

the first is to try and cut out negativity - by negativity i mean those people who complain about every little thing for no reason or always have something negative to say. obviously a lot of stuff happening in the world is terrible and people have things to go through and people are allowed to be negative but just. there's a point where it affects my mental health too and there's no point. same with comparing myself to others, especially in terms of school work

the second is to try and care more about the planet (lol). i stopped drinking milk a while ago and i don't eat much meat anyway but i'm gonna consciously try and see if i can ever find a vegetarian/even vegan option over something else. i'm definitely not gonna go vegan, probably not even vegetarian, but i'm gonna try with little things. same with looking after the planet - i wanna start using less plastic & i've started that by getting a super cute reusable water bottle for christmas lmao

well.... we'll see if these actually happen

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    It doesn't really have to do with it being the new year, it just happened to work out that way, but I'm starting school again and going to be taking both this winter semester, and a summer one, so hopefully I can be back in Uni by this fall. I'm gonna finally work towards being a zookeeper, yo! And If there's any actual resolution to go along with that, I'd say it's
    >Actually go to classes

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Draw more, and get better at it, that's literally it. I never bother with New year's resolutions because I know I won't follow through on them at all.

nuuk

gsc spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2020
    i never do new years resolutions just because anything that i want to change i typically want to start immediately. im too impatient to be like "oh well new years is when ill really starts...."

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For once, I don't have a specific resolution, just a mix of making 2019 even better than 2018!

I still want to work on my happiness, and my job, and improving my life more.

MaverickTheFur

Zangoose Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    Do more art and improve with it to the point where I can finally do commissions, going pretty well so far.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    - consume less/be more environmentally aware
    - live more simplistically
    - begin courses for my career change
    - try to deal with my negative emotions more effectively

Back