• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else's favorite region Unova?

Years
  • I really do love Unova and feel a strong connection to it. These games were one of the peaks of my Pok?mon love and I was so invested in the community at the time of their release. Posted around forums a ton, watched the BW anime, played the games to death.....lordy I could go on forever. The music in the games was powerful and the characters I found to be awesome. Even the new Pok?mon -- some of my favorites were introduced here (Audino, Whimsicott and Cinccino, among others).

Anyone else love Unova more than any other region?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's like you read my mind.

Don't mind me, just gonna share my best memories. :)

Seriously though... technically it is really close with Johto but DESPITE THAT I have SO many happy memories of these games. I also, like you, got super involved in the community. I was lucky enough to mod BW during release (and just before) and I remember the huge amount of excitement/love/passion for the games from everybody. It was amazing. Like the community just got so excited for it in a way that I hadn't seen for XY, SM etc. Maybe because everything was different then, I dunno. I was just saying to former active PC user Kaori, currently Zelda, last night about how amazing it was even when the Japanese opening came out. We were like on MSN, counting down the seconds until it came out lmao. For me the whole experience that first year or so was just incredible to see.

I remember the day the games were released... in Australia, at least. I was avoiding spoilers like crazy for the few days before (skim reading yay!) and I was so excited to just... start. I caught a bus into the shops and the store I pre-ordered from didn't have it yet. Soooo I decided to just go to the EB Games nearby and get it. I also got the book too! I caught the bus back and I remember at home when I turned the game on it was like, so beautiful outside. It's so clear to me for some reason but like outside was super pretty and so spring-like... despite the fact it was Autumn. Anyway! I caught a Lillipup and named it Snoop Dogg, and I just remember I was online with everyone at the time and it just stands out in my mind so much.

Hmmm... actual in-game memories though there were so many things to love! I remember the whole first playthrough so vividly. It's hard to explain, I just had fun. The region was beautiful, everything was beautiful really. Honestly I know people hate on BW but I wouldn't have changed a thing.

B2W2 I ddin't really care for as MUCH because I didn't really like the new cities and generally didn't care about the extra features. I did like the story, though!

But for me Unova just... I dunno the region layout (in BW at least) was absolutely amazing and it just stands out as the best sort of region design because you actually FELT like you were there. Like, irl places you visited seemed similar to Unova, more than any other region, because of where it was based. So sometimes going places it was like "omg, it actually feels like I'n in Unova lmao".

But yes! Many happy memories were had playing through the Unova games. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2019
    I've had some great memories with the Unova adventure, challenging the gyms, raising great type combinations, stopping Team Plasma, and even battling an interesting Elite Four. Unova had a fun adventure to it, as well as some interesting plot.

Years
  • Unova is definitely my fave region, because I love the very modern settings and it being the first non-Japanese based region makes it a standout.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • Me.

Before I played B/W like other people, I hate Gen 5 too because of Pokemon design. I like "Everyone right, this is the worst gen". (if I correct) in 2016 I decide to play Pokemon White in the emulator because the Mascot is Zekrom.After I battle with Bianca, My opinion about Gen 5 started to change.I enjoy the game, and this is the first time I see Gym Leader help you to defeat Evil Team.I Started fell in love with Gen 5.I remember after I talk to Piano Girl and Drum Man in Accumula Town and me like " Whoa, the Music get better".I started fell in love with Gen 5 music too.It like every music is so fitting in the place.Like low HP music, It like gives you Warning + Pressure.

The story is a masterpiece. Taking Ideal and Truth as a topic Is Super-Genius.Gen 5 have the more moral message more than any Gen.I remember when Alder wanna left, instead of walking and disappear, He uses Fly and me like "WHOA. DID YOU SEE THAT.ALDER USES FLY TOO." This is the first time I see NPC use fly.N, this guy is... Wonderful.In my eyes, N more like Anti-Hero and Rival more than Antagonist.He gives me some moral message more than any NPC in all Gen.And Team Plasma, I know sometimes they can be annoying.I hate them until I reached N's Castle.There is one Team Plasma grunt where he about released his Patrat, but his Patrat like him, and he about a dilemma.This is the first time (again) some Evil team grunt get character development.

Talking about the rival.Most people hate Bianca and Cheren.Yes, sometimes they can be annoying.But I Love them.They have great development for Rival.Bianca has some conflict with her Super-Protective dad and Cheren has some conflict with his ideal about becoming champion make me think this is the best development for the rival.The music tells you that Bianca & Cheren is not serious rival, but more like a friend since they are your childhood friend.I love when N say Bianca in truth side and Cheren in ideal side.It more like N references them with Mascot Legendary Pokemon, Reshiram and Zekrom.That why I love them and ship them so hard.

And in end.I almost cry when N say "I must go".I know he will leave me.N is more like Best Friend more than Enemy.I love him, I love his personality, I love his Past, I love everything about him.When he say " Farewell" an epic credit music play.I Speechless.This is what I mean about the Pokemon ending.You save the world and the credit tell you"You've saved the Unova, but doesn't mean your journey is the end".This is the most realistic story in Pokemon.Unlike other generation when a random 12 years-old kid can Destroyer an evil team alone, in Gen 5 some people's help you to destroyer an evil, even in this gen Gym Leader help you.
    And I say to myself "This is a masterpiece.This is Beautiful.Why everyone hates it".

And that why I love Gen 5 until now.Now I don't care about Gen 5's Pokemon design, even Garbodor and Trubish is my favorite Poison-type Pokemon, They Acid Spray + Any Special move make a great combination.Before I played Pokemon B/W my favorite Gen is Gen 4 due to my favorite Pokemon Gallade and PMD thing.But now, Gen 5 definitely my Favorite Gen all time

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • As a stand alone region, Unova was really fun to play. It had a much better story than the previous games and the post game in BW2 the Pokemon World Tournament had brought back so many cameos from the past games, it made Sun and Moon seem pitiful. Even better, their battle music were all updated at that time.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Me! I LOVE Unova. It is a pretty varied region, with deserts, swamps and grasslands, and more! I also loved both games a ton. Part of the reason I love them so much is the amount of new pok?mon and the lack of old pok?mon. It made the region seem more unique :D

Years
  • Although it's not up there with my favourite regions, it doesn't mean I don't really like it. Unova is a great region with plenty of diverse areas that really bring it to life, although I prefer the likes of Hoenn and Johto, Unova still has a special place in my heart.

vivokwo

vivokwo
    Years
  • Unova is certainly my favourite region. It was my entry into the Pokèmon world for starters, but other than that it just has a very nice vibe to it. The designs in my opinion, from the trainers to the Pokèmon, are often frowned upon but in my opinion they look absolutely amazing. I even like Trubbish and Garbodor, maybe just for the reason that I understand and appreciate the time and effort that it takes to create a sprite. The sound design, battle music and route/city music all fit in perfectly with the general vibe and atmosphere of the game. My favourite tracks have to be the wild battle encounter and SkyArrow Bridge theme. Also because my two of my favourite Pokèmon are Serperior and Virizion (I like my grass types :P) btw serperior was my first starter in case you didn't figure that out

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Unova/Gen V definitely has a special place in my heart and going back to play older games as well as playing the newer ones makes me appreciate everything Gen V had. There was something so 'wow' about this generation. The story, but also the hype surrounding it; it was like we had reached the 'peak' of Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Unova is definitely my favorite region. Not only for in-game reasons, but also for fandom reasons.

Like Forever, I remember just being so excited about B/W's release. Speculating what the games would be like, reading the latest news and then talking about it, and then finally seeing the games get released... It was one of the highest points for my involvement with fandom--if not the highest point for my online involvement with this fandom--and has some of my favorite memories attached to it.

But the region is also my favorite because of how alive it feels in the games. The changing seasons help with this, showing how different each place can be depending on what the weather is. Like it doesn't just snow in the far north, but snows or feels cold everywhere in the region. And I like the struggle that the region has between nature versus technology, and how the Pokemon creatures fit into that, and how that's reflected in the way that the towns look. (Which also helps me like this generation, because locations can change the way they look depending on what version you're playing.)

Unova really is my favorite region to play through and explore.

Back