• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, i am back.

Which idea do you want to see? You may pick up to 3.

• Idea 1

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Idea 2

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Idea 3

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Idea 4

• Idea 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idea 6

• Idea 7

• Total voters

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Before anything, i ask/recommend you to listen to this remix of GlitchxCity of National Park while you read this. It gives ambiance, and even when i post long interest checks/updates about me, this is the song i default to listening, and a such, i just feel like it feels better to listen to it while you read this. Putting on Loop also helps, to avoid going back and forth. Without further ado, here's the song:

And enjoy reading this update and interest check of mine.

So you're probably asking the following:

What the heck is a Gelius?

Well, good sir/miss! I! Don't! Know!

But jokes aside, i shall reintroduce myself.

Hello, i am Gelius3, and i've been on the forums since 2013-2014? I don't remember that much, but i'm from the time where the best forum flavor was (and still is, in my opinion) "Let's Fly Together". You may also know me from partaking in a couple RPs, namely Earth and Sky series (Both the second and fourth iterations, and Origins), to that children of Greek Gods one (MAN DID I LOVE THE CONCEPT OF THAT ONE), to that Kanto one directed by gimmiepie (Which sadly, never got too far), to the Trainer's Academy (Shoutout to my pal Yellow), to aiming to play as a gangster Honchkrow in "The Latter Days", to a couple other RPs. You may also recall my absolutely failed attempt to create "The Legends of Gaia" which was an entirely fabrication of an RP of mine. You may also remember me for coming up with the idea and creating the ambitious RP "Past of the Past", which was fabricated in Summer of 2016, and had it's start near the fall of the same year, which, to those who partook or read it, may have been interested or hyped back in the day. I too was hyped. But sadly, it didn't last.

So, where am i left at then?

Ever since Past of the Past fell off, i didn't really keep up much with the RP scene. I still tried Earth and Sky a while later, namely because Quto, an old time friend, was always welcome to have me back, despite the chaos i caused in the Second Iteration. Back then, i was a kid. It was clear i grew up. But even after that, i quickly fell behind on Earth and Sky.

That didn't mean i ghosted the forums; In fact, i was still around. Mostly in the fangame, and rom hacking scene, but also watching the RP scene in the background. It was rather refreshing to see that people still kept RPing.

Now, the year is 2020, and we're currently in June. So i decided to finally give it another shot. 4 years earlier, i failed at driving Past of the Past to it's absolute peak, and become the definition of a fun Summer RPing with friends. Now, 4 years later, i try again.

So, back on topic, i am fishing out an interest check! As such, i will drop here some ideas.

Idea Number 1: 'Retry "Past of the Past", this time, under an actual good name damn it': It's clear this is my first idea. Properly retry PotP, but of course with a brand new name. And with how recent leaks of beta information just dropped, what better time to actually delve in the world of leaks, beta pokemon, or fakemon we all thought it was real, but we were fooled so hard, but we still give em kudos for making us believe, to altered designs. All the magic. And of course, Johto would be the perfect scenario, but Kanto too shows promising since recent updates in it's prototypes, and surely, Hoenn would be nice to imagine in it's past. Just. It's another shot at the dream, but honestly, this time, aiming for higher and better quality.

I'm still using the Forest CSS though. That's not something you can change me on.

Idea Number 2: "Sequel/Prequel" to a a main line series game: Now this sounds a good idea. While yes, PotP was somewhat of a prequel to Gens 1-2, a sequel to Gen 2 would be good. A sequel to Gen 1 doesn't really work honestly, because that's exactly what the Johto games are, but a Sequel to any game after Gen 1 actually might be workable. Simpler, but man, sometimes it's the simple things that count. Plus, it's a "What if", and those are always nice. Heck, i once accidentally, when B2W2 were still fresh, made up the entire game for a Unova Sequel, and it was VASTLY different to what actually B2W2 came out to be. Don't get me wrong, i love B2W2, but this idea takes me back. WAAAAY BACK to 2011/2012.

Idea Number 3: An RP set in the Orange Islands. Wait, what, the ORANGE ISLANDS?!, you may ask. Yes. Those. It would be a strenuous task, but honestly, it's quite unique, and with the summer coming around, i'm sure you'd be willing to go Tropical.

Yeah, you got Alola, but come on. It's the Orange Islands. Alola has regional forms? What says you can't have those in the Orange Islands, huh? We could come up with some Regional Forms (Though i'm not Artsy at ALL). So yeah, if you wish to hop along, i'm gladly willing to make this one.

Idea Number 4: Stupid i know, but this one is for the nostalgia people: Going back to Gen 1. Yes, you heard me right. An RP with Gen 1 mechanics (And maybe some Spaceworld mechanics thrown here and there, to cater to the fact that some things would make sense in Kanto, like Espeon or a Poison Umbreon. Juuuuuuuust saying), with the broken-ness of it. But also the charm, the old gen sprites, and the slightly darker tones, but also for maybe a more... Rural? Primitive? I guess Retro feel is the right combo of words. Of course, i wouldn't be opposed to throw some new snipbits to Kanto to keep it interesting to those who want a fresh enough experience (Climbing up Mt. Moon, anyone?) but fair in mind, to those who don't like Gen 1's battle mechanics, prepare yourself, it's a nightmare when it's used against you. I'm talking about trapping moves stopping you in tracks, the Special Stat, the Freeze hacks, Psychic being overly broken, Chansey actually having an offensive presence, you name it.

I'm willing to let all chaos loose here.

Idea Number 5: Not a Pokemon RP!: That's right, i also got some non Pokemon RP ideas in my mind. One of them would be an RP that gives the Earthbound Vibes, but it's going to aim for originality. This might be harder to create though.

But trust me, i like some original RPG ideas.

Idea Number 6: Back to Pokemon - Pokemon Ranger: Whaaaat? You got a Pokemon Ranger idea? Yeah i do. Although it's nothing too much, i have an idea for a Ranger RP, where the evil team wants "Purity".

Idea Number 7: Pokemon, but in Space: This is the one i have the least amount of stuff formulated, but imagine if you were a trainer and you were put in a Sci-Fi environment, with space and space colonies/stations, and "Regional" forms for Pokemon that are in Space. It's just an idea.

So yeah. I'm gonna include a poll and i'm gonna ask for you to vote on it, and also voice your opinions: Which one you want the most? Which one you wish to contribute to? Which ideas you got to improve upon my ideas? Lemme know. 'Till then, i see ya later.

Years
  • I can't really join anything else right now myself, but I always thought Past of the Past was a pretty neat concept. Doing some refining couldn't hurt, but I'd say it's a solid option.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'd like to see a more refined Past of the Past as well :3 There was... quite a lot to it that we never got to.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I'm not familiar with PotP so I can't really opinion there. But I'll say that a Orange Islands RP would be cool&rad, and that having helped GM a Orange Islands arc in another RP myself, it can totally work if you don't limit it to only what the anime has (that doesn't explain many things either) and if the various parties are allowed to explore the archipelago mostly at leisure, without having to follow a predefined path.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I'd like to see a more refined Past of the Past as well :3 There was... quite a lot to it that we never got to.

I can't really join anything else right now myself, but I always thought Past of the Past was a pretty neat concept. Doing some refining couldn't hurt, but I'd say it's a solid option.

Yeah, PotP definitely was promising and i hope i can eventually revive the project. I mean, come on, what better time than now, now that we have THIS MANY beta Pokemon revealed? It's as if we could make an entire dex with them. If i had some hands on deck, i could work on it.

I'm not familiar with PotP so I can't really opinion there. But I'll say that a Orange Islands RP would be cool&rad, and that having helped GM a Orange Islands arc in another RP myself, it can totally work if you don't limit it to only what the anime has (that doesn't explain many things either) and if the various parties are allowed to explore the archipelago mostly at leisure, without having to follow a predefined path.

Well, the Orange Islands itself could work, but fair in mind, it would be hard to make it open world. Some things that Journey RPs struggle is how to get the group together. Honestly, it's fun in Journeys when the Group interacts with each other: There's a plot to follow, a story to exist, but you can still do other things. It's the style i like trying. This said, the Orange Islands is an idea i'd like to do, and honestly, i feel like the islands lack a couple things. So i could easily add a few things here and there, you know? Nothing too much, but expand on the lore, get me? Plus, Regionals is always fun.

In the end, i'd love to hear more feedback tbh.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I'd help out to build a Beta-Johto rp :) I'm always hype to make a game work~

Well, if it ends up being the idea going, i'd enjoy the help yeah. This time, i need someone who i know i can be in good synchrony with. You fetch me? I suppose you're fine with assisting me?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well, if it ends up being the idea going, i'd enjoy the help yeah. This time, i need someone who i know i can be in good synchrony with. You fetch me? I suppose you're fine with assisting me?
    Absolutely~ I'm 100% about making others' ideas work! :) Just let me know when you decide~

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Absolutely~ I'm 100% about making others' ideas work! :) Just let me know when you decide~

I have decided. I will go with Past of the Past to be honest. Just thinking on what i could do, it's good. Is there anyway you can contact me on Discord?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    anna, PC's story consultant for hire

Welcome back, Gelius!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    anna, PC's story consultant for hire

Welcome back, Gelius!

Why thank you for the WEBA, i appreciate it.

Currently, PotP is under development, as we immediately started getting our hands on it yesterday. I am open to suggestions and constructive critics. anna and I are both hard at work to come up with a solid, respectable plot. And we have figured a much better name than "Past of the Past". While iconic, it's safe to say it was a lazy name. So a fresh coat of paint in the name will pretty much help the image of the Roleplay.

Currently only three people know most details of the RP. But i will be willing to share regular updates if possible. A few extra hands would also help, but we can manage this if no hands come to help. It's just a matter of speeding up our process.

Eitherway, look forwards to a couple sneak peeks.

Back