• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Demos

pkmin3033

If a demo of an upcoming game is available, will you give it a try? Has a demo ever changed your mind about a video game you had planned to purchase or ignore? Ever have a demo disc that came with a magazine?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I actually just went through on my Switch looking to see what might look good. I've been trying to break out and try different games so I'm not stuck in just Pokémon. The first time I did that was when I found Bravely Default on my 3DS and downloaded the demo and couldn't wait to play the rest of it.

Years
  • I don't usually play demos cause you just have to repeat stuff when you get the full game usually. I'm enjoying all the free "trial" content in FFXIV though.

[C]

The Fifth Pillar
    Years
  • I don't usually play demos cause you just have to repeat stuff when you get the full game usually. I'm enjoying all the free "trial" content in FFXIV though.

A good demo usually lets you carry over progress to the full game.
    I don't like replaying content either, but if a demo is good enough to entice me to purchase the full game, and progress does not carry over, then I'm most likely happy enough to replay through the demo content anyway. =)

Years
  • I love playing demos to see if I would enjoy a game, but yes I have played demos that I didn't enjoy so I did not get the base game.

The best demo I have played had to be Oninaki, which then I got the game when it was on sale. Will also be doing this for trials of mana since I also enjoyed the demo. FYI both these demos you can carry over your save data to the full version.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like playing the demos from the consoles in stores. I remember playing a demo for Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door in a gamestop. (But I was 4 years old so it's almost a complete blur). I also played a demo of Mario Kart 7.

Back