• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret Santa

Years
  • Have you done this before? / Are you doing it at all this year?

What's the best/most interesting present you gave/received from doing this?

What spending limits do you usually set?

What would you buy for someone you really have no idea what they'd like? (I really need help with this one haha)

As for me this year... We're doing one in work and the limit is 100 Yuan so not a lot but enough for something decent. Another rule we've set is we have to spend exactly 100 Yuan so what we have left over is to be spent on random crap to get it to that exact amount, which I why I don't want to just buy a joke gift. I also don't want to buy food or alcohol. What's a good idea for a gift you can't really go wrong with?

Years
  • I don't think I've ever done it. Could be wrong... I may have sent someone a picture drawn on Paint. Online. There is a vague recollection of absolutely no gratitude. Pfft. Some people!

Wouldn't mind doing it again. Online, of course. I could draw them something proper with pencils and pens, and show them that I'm not just a pretty face - I'm also a sucky drawer.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I have done this a few times with my friends, it's great in some situations since you don't have to overspend and buy something for everyone/feel guilty if someone is left out.

We're doing a weird one with my coworkers this year? Instead of drawing a name and buying a gift specifically for your one person, we're just buying a "generic" gift under $50 and swapping at dinner. I would much prefer something more personal since I love shopping for people based on their interests/needs, and I'm a little stumped about what I could buy that would work for everyone since they're kinda varied people, haha.

So I guess I'm in a similar situation to you right now, I'm thinking of going to the mall a little later, I'll let you know if I can think of something interesting that's not just a box of chocolates or a gift card. :>

Years
  • I have done Secret Santa before. I gave a clock as a present and I got back an angel candle.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I was on a website wherein some members did secret Santa every year. One year some poor dude got a printed photo in a picture frame that was busted, a bottle opener, and a dented can of Red Bull.

Years
  • I have done this a few times with my friends, it's great in some situations since you don't have to overspend and buy something for everyone/feel guilty if someone is left out.

We're doing a weird one with my coworkers this year? Instead of drawing a name and buying a gift specifically for your one person, we're just buying a "generic" gift under $50 and swapping at dinner. I would much prefer something more personal since I love shopping for people based on their interests/needs, and I'm a little stumped about what I could buy that would work for everyone since they're kinda varied people, haha.

So I guess I'm in a similar situation to you right now, I'm thinking of going to the mall a little later, I'll let you know if I can think of something interesting that's not just a box of chocolates or a gift card. :>

We have the same Chinese teacher and I asked her to help me by making a topic of his next lesson Christmas presents and apparently food is actually the best option haha. I still want to be a bit creative though.

I've done a game similar to what you're doing in the past myself. In it we all bought 3 presents then did a dice rolling game. First round if you role a 6 you take any present (that isn't your own) from the middle and after all the presents have been claimed you start the second round. Second round lasts for 10-15 minutes; roll a 6 you steal a present for yourself, roll a 1 you steal a present but have to gift it to someone else. It was really fun ending up with completely random things.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    doing a secret santa with some of my staff who wanted to participate. i got my assistant lol planning on getting her some kind of eyeshadow.

Years
  • We did secret santa in school, now it doesnt happen. I work with 2 people at my job, so it's simple enough to get them things

Back