• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Project Vanguard (MASSIVE UPDATE COMING VERY SOON)

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    wheres the game? I followed the download link and it downloaded the patch but no executable file. I played this before the update but its been a while. Thanks !

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Hello, I'd like to ask how much more content this game to finish.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    1.) a couple of errors I ran into, the pond in the west courtyard has the waterfall text when you interact with it

2.) some dude at the bottom of a hallway said something about his sister and ran off and I believe it's probably some quest with faulty flags

3.) trainer score points doesn't count at the desk for some reason, lady says you need 10 and have 0, confirmed you can still get stuff though

4.) not really a bug or error but my vanillite and totodile and learn icy wind but spearow can't.

5.) the first fisherman after blackstone cave doesn't have proper grammar

6.) discovered while battling the renegade in the forest that potions only restore 20 not 30 at least while in battle same for super potions

7.) I'm pretty sure that something is up with fang leech's power because it consistenly does much less than aqua jet for me on my totodile despite hacvinf similar power

8.) In the scene after winning the first badge the character models stay at the door and stack when they all leave

9.) Your pokemon do not heal after the battle with your teacher if you win

10.) Psychic Clay in the forest cavern has no character model in battle

11.) Upon returning to Oceia there is juggler by the gate who just thanks you despite not having done anything for him

12.) Forest cavern boss didn't give 5 extra trainer points only 2 for a total of 3

13.)the guy who gives you the quest to find and beat up his employees moves after you talk to him but he leaves his bubble where he originally was

14.)The sewer worker in the tournament city who tells you their off limits keeps saying it as you walk away for the first couple steps.

15.) I've gotten two trainer tickets which i'm not sure works for a key item, neither can be used at the pokewheel

16.) Inside the stadium there's a patch of wall you can walk through and you can see a sprite of Benga chilling there in the darkness

17.) Clerk samantha near the sewers doesn't have a sprite in battle, same with clerk sandra in the park

18.) can't enter the door to the room Rylas runs out of after you leave it and you can't interact with the elevator in the sewers after returning to level 1 after finishing up down there

19.) BGM cuts out after talking to Rylas about her family

20.) can't remember who it is but there is still someone in the city I think she's in one of the buildings who talks about the berry shop even though it no longer exists

21.) Guy leaves his lillipup behind when you retrieve it for him

22.) Vivi has an error in her script that makes her say /PN rather than your actual name

23.) If you try to heal in the cabin before battling the guy at the top of the silver trial you can't leave the room the door is nonfunctional

Suggestions:
    1.) change the lucky egg you get from the points counter into an amulet coin, or anything else really, with all the level caps and exp candies the lucky egg is completely superfluous

2.) change the typing of cut from steel into flying, grass or back to normal. There are barely any steel types to be caught and if we have to use HM's it would be nice if we could at least more easily get STAB off of them

3.) anything you could to reduce area lag would be amazing, it's not unbearable but it's definitely not helping the experience at all

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    1.) a couple of errors I ran into, the pond in the west courtyard has the waterfall text when you interact with it

2.) some dude at the bottom of a hallway said something about his sister and ran off and I believe it's probably some quest with faulty flags

3.) trainer score points doesn't count at the desk for some reason, lady says you need 10 and have 0, confirmed you can still get stuff though

4.) not really a bug or error but my vanillite and totodile and learn icy wind but spearow can't.

5.) the first fisherman after blackstone cave doesn't have proper grammar

6.) discovered while battling the renegade in the forest that potions only restore 20 not 30 at least while in battle same for super potions

7.) I'm pretty sure that something is up with fang leech's power because it consistenly does much less than aqua jet for me on my totodile despite hacvinf similar power

8.) In the scene after winning the first badge the character models stay at the door and stack when they all leave

9.) Your pokemon do not heal after the battle with your teacher if you win

10.) Psychic Clay in the forest cavern has no character model in battle

11.) Upon returning to Oceia there is juggler by the gate who just thanks you despite not having done anything for him

12.) Forest cavern boss didn't give 5 extra trainer points only 2 for a total of 3

13.)the guy who gives you the quest to find and beat up his employees moves after you talk to him but he leaves his bubble where he originally was

14.)The sewer worker in the tournament city who tells you their off limits keeps saying it as you walk away for the first couple steps.

15.) I've gotten two trainer tickets which i'm not sure works for a key item, neither can be used at the pokewheel

16.) Inside the stadium there's a patch of wall you can walk through and you can see a sprite of Benga chilling there in the darkness

17.) Clerk samantha near the sewers doesn't have a sprite in battle, same with clerk sandra in the park

18.) can't enter the door to the room Rylas runs out of after you leave it and you can't interact with the elevator in the sewers after returning to level 1 after finishing up down there

19.) BGM cuts out after talking to Rylas about her family

20.) can't remember who it is but there is still someone in the city I think she's in one of the buildings who talks about the berry shop even though it no longer exists

21.) Guy leaves his lillipup behind when you retrieve it for him

22.) Vivi has an error in her script that makes her say /PN rather than your actual name

23.) If you try to heal in the cabin before battling the guy at the top of the silver trial you can't leave the room the door is nonfunctional

Suggestions:
    1.) change the lucky egg you get from the points counter into an amulet coin, or anything else really, with all the level caps and exp candies the lucky egg is completely superfluous

2.) change the typing of cut from steel into flying, grass or back to normal. There are barely any steel types to be caught and if we have to use HM's it would be nice if we could at least more easily get STAB off of them

3.) anything you could to reduce area lag would be amazing, it's not unbearable but it's definitely not helping the experience at all

This is pretty helpful as I'm going through and fixing everything before finishing the next update. Also about the lag, that's an issue that came with the current version of the dev kit (essentials) that will be fixed next update!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    tried to download this off the link in the OP but when i had unzipped everything and opened it it gave me an error saying "Script 'SaveData' line34: ArgumentError occured, undefined class/module ControlConfig"

not sure what it means exactly but i cant play this version until that issue gets fixed as clicking OK on the error window just auto closes the game and it then repeats itself if i try and open it again after

note i did also download and apply the patch before even trying to play at all and it didnt help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    tried to download this off the link in the OP but when i had unzipped everything and opened it it gave me an error saying "Script 'SaveData' line34: ArgumentError occured, undefined class/module ControlConfig"

not sure what it means exactly but i cant play this version until that issue gets fixed as clicking OK on the error window just auto closes the game and it then repeats itself if i try and open it again after

note i did also download and apply the patch before even trying to play at all and it didnt help

If you're getting an error that has to do with "save file" on your first loadup then please delete the "Pokemon vanguard" folder in either %appdata% or saved games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    This is pretty helpful as I'm going through and fixing everything before finishing the next update. Also about the lag, that's an issue that came with the current version of the dev kit (essentials) that will be fixed next update!

Is it something you'd like me to keep doing for future versions?

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're getting an error that has to do with "save file" on your first loadup then please delete the "Pokemon vanguard" folder in either %appdata% or saved games.

that's just it tho, its not a save file thats the issue, i specifically mentioned in my previous post the exact error word for word as it was shown to me, deleting the folder you mentioned does nothing i know this for a fact as if i boot up an older version of the game it opens perfectly fine, no issue whatsoever

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Where is alren beachside?? I dont know where its is
    Im going to chapter 13 but Im stuck So help me

Back