• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] PCL Hunger Games - Won by Majestic Milotics

Sirfetch’d

Guys just a reminder that this ends in a little over 48 hours. Please try and get these matches done asap!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'll be doing activity decisions as per Chase's request as I am a neutral observer. Unfortunately, 40% of the matches were not played, so there are a few of these to hand out.

Before I proceed, I want to ask that everyone read the How to Schedule your PCL Battlehttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348417 sticky. Based on what I've looked at in making these activity calls, people either haven't read it or aren't following it, including a few people who managed to get their matches done. It's hard for PCL to actually function if people aren't scheduling and playing.

That is especially true for this event. Because the second week can only function with results of the first week, it is especially important that these get done...but many are not. The rationale for the individual decisions are in the spoiler below, but all four incomplete matches resulted in all eight players receiving activity losses and no one receiving activity wins--no one earned one. Because of this, some of the events are at a standstill. We want the incomplete matches to get done but did not want to give out unearned extensions, so we are penalizing clans whose members did not complete their matches. In the case of the Lower Tier Showdown, where all four clans failed, this will cancel itself out, and whether it happens or not is up to whether its participants will put forth the effort to make it happen. As for the other matches, the lateness will be penalized, but you can still do your matches. However, if you take too long to do them and give your Round 2 opponent too little time to reasonably schedule a match, you'll automatically receive the activity loss (and your opponent the activity win).

I don't want to be too harsh when I know launch has been a long time coming for everyone and scheduling isn't intuitive, especially since this event is ultimately just for fun. Going forward though, let's all be more proactive and respectful of our opponents as well as the people who run the events. Thanks!

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

Round 2 is here! Note that to move forward with this competition, I had to randomly advance someone from the incomplete matches. I used a coin flip to determine this. However, there will be a 2 point deduction in the end for each match that you did not complete(will not go below 0 points). For example, if you reached the finals by virtue of a coin flip and finished the competition in 1st place, you will only receive 6 points as opposed to the normal 8 points. Here are the matches:

ORAS OU Showdown:

Castform vs Wicked3DS
    Archy vs Noa-Tan [3rd place match]

ORAS Lower Tier Showdown:

Elektra Heart vs Nolafus
    Ragnar Lothbrok vs Evening [3rd place match]

Old Generation OU Showdown:

Brock Lesnar vs wolf
    KorpiklaaniVodka vs Punkysaur [3rd place match]

ORAS Little Cup Showdown:

Christos vs Dragon
    Nah vs Omicron [3rd place match]

ORAS Battle Factory Showdown:

aeternum vs Lostelle
    Golgari vs Nakuzami [3rd place match]

The deadline to complete these matches is Saturday, January 30th.

Also for those wondering how the point system will work, first place is 8 points, second place is 6 points, third place is 4 points, and fourth place is 2 points. Good luck with this round guys!

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • In the case of my match with Lost, we talk on Skype, so that's why no VM was sent. But at the same time, either both of us are at fault or neither were, as it was simply a matter of not really being online and able to match schedules to complete a battle, so I'm okay with neither party receiving the win.

Sirfetch’d

So if I lose to naku then he gets 3rd and lost gets nothing or?

Lost advanced by virtue of a coin flip so it's in a way like they "won". However, if Lost wins her next match and finishes first,s he gets a 2 point deduction from the 8 points and ends up with 6. Same for Naku. If he finishes 3rd, he will have a 2 point deduction from his 4 points.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • ^ that's what I thought and why I asked :x I tried to make it make sense a couple of ways but it just wasn't

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Yeah, this past week was not a good one for me. I was very busy. Sorry for not staying in better contact, Naku! Wish our match didn't have to be decided by coin toss.

srinator

so anyone in the team building comp have nothing else to do in the rest of the tournament

Sirfetch’d

so anyone in the team building comp have nothing else to do in the rest of the tournament

no, anti has your teams now and is judging them. He will send me the results when finished.

Back