• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
  • Sounds good.

That fan pony is looking good too; d'you happen to know what you're calling her/what her cutie mark will be? n__n

tbqh, i do not ;-; I was originally going to call her Sunshine Spark, but lol i don't know now.

White Lightning looks awesome! n_n

And as for the teams, i think i can handle them.

o3o

Years

• tbqh, i do not ;-; I was originally going to call her Sunshine Spark, but lol i don't know now.

White Lightning looks awesome! n_n

And as for the teams, i think i can handle them.

I think that name would fit her. She looks like 'Sunshine' something.

Ah, okay. xDD;

Also, I decided since everypony (omg did i just say that) is posting their OCs, I'd post mine--

Spoiler:

She's called Spearmint (obviously). I do have a sketch of her body too but it sucks tbh so yeah. ~Ryukaa helped me come up with her name. n__n

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • Yea, I'm going to use some of them (the ones that fit the theme). I'm gonna have at least 5 Pokemon for each, except for the first three gyms.

Spearmint <3

/totally just put Cupcakes! The Musical into my signature n_n

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I realized that the other day D:

The Frontal and Back OW sprites should be okay, but the side ones are the ones i'm worried about. Maybe if we make them walking-on-2-hooves ponies...

Also finished the teams, that is if we stick to this.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • You could just show the face, and front two hooves. Wouldn't be able to see the cutie marks though. =/

(Just realized you were talking about OW sprites, not battle sprites... nevermind. lol)

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    *totally and randomly barges in*

Holy crap, is anyone else reading Past Sins? This fic is among the BEST. I almost broke down in tears. This one has just so much emotional fluctuation!

Quick Review, since the masses of comments in ED will drown out what I say: This is basically an amazing story about a filly, named Nyx, that is supposed to be a Nightmare Moon reincarnation that is taken under the care of Twilight.

What I believe makes this story great and emotional is the concept/principle of superposition, which is the state of being two things at the same time. Think Schrodinger's Cat, but instead of a cat that is dead and alive, we have Nyx, who the author is presenting as Nightmare Moon AND not Nightmare Moon. Hopefully that doesn't make sense, because it shouldn't. In physics, superposition can only exist until we observe the object in superposition, in which then, the Quantum Physics Magic Wand makes up its mind.

What differentiates this from any other suspense fic is that we are being straight out slapped with the superposition. Nyx's character is written out perfectly and in such a way that the reader can't feel that she'll be either Nightmare Moon or not. Instead, the reader <or maybe just personally me, lol> feels like Nyx has to be both Nightmare Moon and not Nightmare Moon. I literally feel like Nyx perfectly relates to Quantum Superposition, and that is just astounding! And then with the author's great writing ability, the story is just perfectly crafted.

And as I explained before, the superposition can only exist if nobody has observed the particle of superposition, or in this case, if the author hasn't allowed the reader to truly see Nyx's soul, which IS both Nightmare Moon and Nyx.

tl;dr: It's a ****ing amazing story. You know that because I just related My Little Pony to Quantum Physics.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I've seen the story around, but I've never gotten around to reading it. At the moment, I'm going through Fallout: Equestria, which is also pretty brilliant.
    Well, I've gotta check out Past Sins sometime. From what you said, it seems really awesome. xD;
    But yeah! Fallout: Equestria, everybody. It's also one of the best out there. o3o
    It's fairly long, and it's still ongoing, but don't let that intimidate you. Once you start, you'll get completely sucked in. It's written in a spectacular way, has likable characters, and an engaging plot.
    It's a distant sequel to Friendship is Magic, so you won't see any of the old cast, and you'll be told about ruined remains of Ponyville, Sweet Apple Acres, and other places.
    It's quite a dark fanfiction, as expected, since it's a Fallout crossover and all. But it's really, really good.
    I've never played any of the Fallout games myself, and I still enjoyed what I've read of this thoroughly, and without regret. So yeah, for anybody interested, add it to your list. It's worth the read.

Also, here's some fanart for the fanfic itself.

EDIT: Oh, hey guys. Look what I found.
    Wow. xD;

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • They like, totally stole my idea xD

And yea, i know that. I was working on it while i was very tired and watching TV. *fixes*

Wham

In-Your-Face Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • *totally and randomly barges in*

Holy crap, is anyone else reading Past Sins? This fic is among the BEST. I almost broke down in tears. This one has just so much emotional fluctuation!

Quick Review, since the masses of comments in ED will drown out what I say: This is basically an amazing story about a filly, named Nyx, that is supposed to be a Nightmare Moon reincarnation that is taken under the care of Twilight.

What I believe makes this story great and emotional is the concept/principle of superposition, which is the state of being two things at the same time. Think Schrodinger's Cat, but instead of a cat that is dead and alive, we have Nyx, who the author is presenting as Nightmare Moon AND not Nightmare Moon. Hopefully that doesn't make sense, because it shouldn't. In physics, superposition can only exist until we observe the object in superposition, in which then, the Quantum Physics Magic Wand makes up its mind.

What differentiates this from any other suspense fic is that we are being straight out slapped with the superposition. Nyx's character is written out perfectly and in such a way that the reader can't feel that she'll be either Nightmare Moon or not. Instead, the reader <or maybe just personally me, lol> feels like Nyx has to be both Nightmare Moon and not Nightmare Moon. I literally feel like Nyx perfectly relates to Quantum Superposition, and that is just astounding! And then with the author's great writing ability, the story is just perfectly crafted.

And as I explained before, the superposition can only exist if nobody has observed the particle of superposition, or in this case, if the author hasn't allowed the reader to truly see Nyx's soul, which IS both Nightmare Moon and Nyx.

tl;dr: It's a ****ing amazing story. You know that because I just related My Little Pony to Quantum Physics.
    I always go here: http://www.fanfiction.net/cartoon/My_Little_Pony/ when I wanna look at fanfiction. Gives me something to do while I wait for the second season to start.

By The Way: Sammyskitty, Sweet Candace, and o3o nice fan ponies.

Years
  • Well, let's see if I cant start a discussion:

Say you're in charge of a My Little Pony movie for theaters. What would it be like?

Personally, my own version would be a standard "The Mane 6(did I just say that?) embark on an epic journey" type of thing. Cliche, I know, but movies are not my forte.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Say you're in charge of a My Little Pony movie for theaters. What would it be like?

Hmm...it'd probably be an action/adventure movie version of the pilot and episode two. Not really good with coming up with a movie style, but the first two episodes, lengthened to a movie format, would make a decent movie.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I think if the "Main 6" took a trip to Manehatten for shopping would be a good plot. After all Pinky and Rainbow in a mall would be funny, Raririty would be down right annoying, and Fluttershy would be cowering int he corner. All wile Twilight tries and keeps the group together (or tracks the individual ponies down since they ran off.

Back