• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

o3o

Years
  • Just got to wait patiently. I don't have the channel available, so I'll have to wait longer to see the videos on YouTube.

Same here. Though we have ponies now, I don't have the channel it airs on, and even if they do air it on another channel that I do have, UK bronies will probably have to wait longer for season 2, since it came out later here. >3<

Also, about this RP -- I'm not much of an RPer myself, but if ponies are involved, I'll try anything. n___n

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Ahh season 2.. I cant wait~
    I'll probably be able to watch them live if that guy who did it before does that live stream thing again.

I wish I had the channel though >.>

I CAN WATCH THEM ON UK TV AHAHAH but yeah season 2 will be like next year in the UK

o3o

Years
  • We can use one of the various ideas we have gathered to create a Pony RPG here on PokeCommunity.

I think it'd be a fun venture for us to attempt.

Do you mean RP? (Roleplay) xDD;

As I've said, I like to write (though I'm not that good) and I haven't RPd really before (maybe I did a wolf RP once on another forum but I can't remember)~ But I'd give it a shot.

Years
  • How exactly would you make a Pony RP? 24+ episodes of the show was nothing but randomness. Only the first 2 showed any real serious plot (well okay the Crusaders are a plot of their own).

Years
  • How exactly would you make a Pony RP? 24+ episodes of the show was nothing but randomness. Only the first 2 showed any real serious plot (well okay the Crusaders are a plot of their own).
    I've only participated in one RP here so I'm pretty much a newbie with regards to RPs, but if you look at MLP there's a lot to go on.

You have a clear idea of what kinds of characters exist in the canon whether it's with the mane cast, side characters, or those weird fan interpretations of background characters. You could go with those or come up with originals. Original characters would be pretty easy to come up with since there's already a pretty quick formula.

You have a pretty detailed setting. The land of Equestria with all the smaller areas within: Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehattan, the Ever Free Forest, Cloudsdale and so on. It's easy enough to fill in any empty spaces with similar settings.

Watching the series shows that there is plenty of variety in what can exist and gives a lot of only touched-upon ideas. There's a whole school of magic that Twilight went to - an RP could revolve around a group of ponies learning magic a la Harry Potter. Or, it could be flying school as was shown with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. There are lots of little things like that. Lots of starting points that an RP could go with.

The show doesn't seem to have any kind of internal chronology so you could easily make your story take place 100 years before or after the show and expect it to be pretty similar. Perhaps there was another prophecy like the one of Nightmare Moon back then and another group of ponies had to save Equestria from doom. That's really enough of a plot to get an RP started on, especially if you take the time to weave in some other 'episodes' between the big adventure.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • That's starting to sound really good, actually. I originally had no interest in Role Playing, but I might give this one a go. xD;
    The idea of one set 1000 years ago sounds particularly interesting. Being thrown into the time where it's leading up to Luna getting banished sounds awesome. That's just me, though. Having a Harry Potter styled story also sounds pretty nice.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I'm liking the plot idea that is similar to the first two episodes~ I can't wait for the RP :D

Also, i'm gonna be putting my hack on hold for a while. I really haven't gotten anything done with yet. I still need a plot D:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Being thrown into the time where it's leading up to Luna getting banished sounds awesome. That's just me, though. Having a Harry Potter styled story also sounds pretty nice.
    I'm just going to add on to this, even though I may or may not be able to take part, but this seems like an almost perfect opportunity for the involvement of Dr. Whooves. Forgive me if no one here is familiar with the Whoniverse.

Wham

In-Your-Face Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Again, sorry I haven't been on recently. I can't really get on the computer that often. Anyway, I like the RP idea. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I have an idea that basically encompasses the pilot and episode 2. Nightmare Moon returns and plans to plunge the world of Equestria in permanent darkness. She then breaks apart the Elements of Harmony, string them all over Equestria, and have an evil, dark creature guarding each in their holding area.

You would create your RP'er and go together with the others to rescue the Elements of Harmony, defeat the evil creatures guarding them, then go after Nightmare Moon and wage an epic battle against her.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I have an idea that basically encompasses the pilot and episode 2. Nightmare Moon returns and plans to plunge the world of Equestria in permanent darkness. She then breaks apart the Elements of Harmony, string them all over Equestria, and have an evil, dark creature guarding each in their holding area.

You would create your RP'er and go together with the others to rescue the Elements of Harmony, defeat the evil creatures guarding them, then go after Nightmare Moon and wage an epic battle against her.

Yes, I love this idea. Heck, I love most of the idea's. I think I just like the idea of a Pony RP.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • For anybody that hasn't seen it yet, here you go.
    The Senior Storyboard Artist did a few doodles of little filly, Twilight. (and it looks freaking adorable.)
    Notice how she puts "Wrapping up work on the last episode of season 2". I think it's safe to expect Season 2 pretty soon. Might not be soon soon, but soon. :D

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I wouldn't say they're putting the finishing touches on it, I assume she just means she's finishing up the storyboard for the last episode. The completion date for the series is December, so they probably still have a fair bit to do. Airing date, on the other hand... : DDD

Topic Questions!
    How do you think Season 2 will be? Better than Season 1, or worse?

Would you like any new or original characters? Or do you only want them to retain characters from Season 1?

What are you looking forward to most about Season 2?

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • How do you think Season 2 will be? Better than Season 1, or worse?
    Honestly, it's too early to say, but I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed.

Would you like any new or original characters? Or do you only want them to retain characters from Season 1?

New characters pl0x. :I

I don't really know much about Season 2, save that there'll be more Derpy and also Princess Luna, so that. :3

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I'd like to hope that it will be at least as good. MLP is amazing however, so it's unlikely it wont be as good. xD

Uhm, I'd like the characters from Season 1, but, new characters would be nice too.

I'm looking foward to everything. Like a Luna special for instance.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I hope it's going to be better. I mean you can only get better, right?

I don't really care about new characters, it really wouldn't sway me if they added new characters.

Hmm...I'd really say everything in general! :D

Back