• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Pokémon from each gen?

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2019
    Gen 1: Magikarp, Seaking
    Gen 2: Stantler, Umbreon, Granbull
    Gen 3: Luvdisc, Spinda, Illumise
    Gen 4: Arceus, Burmy, Chingling
    Gen 5: Patrat line, Emolga, Lillipup line, Basculin, Tranquill
    Gen 6: Binacle, Furfrou
    Gen 7: Charjabug, Brionne

Years
    • Seen today
    Gen 1: Magikarp, Seaking
    Gen 2: Stantler, Umbreon, Granbull
    Gen 3: Luvdisc, Spinda, Illumise
    Gen 4: Arceus, Burmy, Chingling
    Gen 5: Patrat line, Emolga, Lillipup line, Basculin, Tranquill
    Gen 6: Binacle, Furfrou
    Gen 7: Charjabug, Brionne
    Why did you copy my list?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Note i only played generation 1 and 2 pokemon not counting hacks

1.Pikachu - How can people call this rat "cute"? Raichu is cuter/Ratticate - annoying, ugly and deadly
    2.Granbull - I like dogs but it's ugly
    3.Mawile - Where is the head of this pokemon?/Glaile - giant ice head, even the female Froslass is cuter
    4.Purugly - Not to start a war with cat lovers, but it looks ugly/Vespiquen - i fear bees
    5.Trubbish - Why Gamefreak made a pokemon based on trash?/Cubchoo - Ew teedy bear, clean your runny nose
    6.Furfrou - I know it's a 100% dog but i prefer Sylveon, the playboy cat-fennec
    7.Alolan Persian - Now it's truly evil/Yungoos - the modern Rattata

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2019
    Gen 1: Charmander
    Gen 2: Lugia
    Gen 3: Latias
    Gen 4: Acres
    Gen 5: Victini
    Gen 6: Mega Charizard X
    Gen 7: Meltan

Years
    • Seen today
    Gen 1: Charmander
    Gen 2: Lugia
    Gen 3: Latias
    Gen 4: Acres
    Gen 5: Victini
    Gen 6: Mega Charizard X
    Gen 7: Meltan
    I don't think Meltan is from Gen 7. I think it's intended for Gen 8. Also, I don't know if you like these Pokemon or not. It's confusing when someone posts their favourite Pokemon in a thread about your least favourites.

And finally, I think you misspelled Arceus.

Last edited:

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
    Years
  • Gen 1: Jynx
    Gen 2: Stantler
    Gen 3: Beautifly
    Gen 4: Magmortar
    Gen 5: Emboar
    Gen 6: Barbaracle
    Gen 7: Togedemaru

Years
  • 1: Krabby - I literally forget this pokemon exists most of the time. At least Seel is memorable in how it is just a seal with a horn.

2: Unknown - I like the lore behind them, but couldn't they have made these pokemon more useful? Maybe an unknown in your party could increase the stats of all the pokemon in your party which have their species name corresponding to the Unknown's letter - therefore encouraging the use of unknowns and more varied team ideas, but no.

3: Skitty - I've never liked how overly saccharine this pokemon is. Not to mention how weak it is.

4: Phione - It's just a weak manaphy; I have no idea why it exists.

5: Basculin - If you are going to have 2 different types of Basculine, why not go more out with it? Either way, they were way too common.

6: Carbink - It exists?

7: Incineroar - For all the reasons which have already been discussed ever since it was revealed.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Gen 1. Maybe Koffing and Weezing xD Poison gas Pokemon eeewwwww gross >_<;;;

Gen 2. I'm unsure xD

Gen 3. Sableye, Banette, and Exploud. Some of my most disliked pokemon of all time o__O;;;

Gen 4. Maybe Heatran xD Ugly.

Gen 5. I duno xD

Gen 6. Dragalge. That was easy :P

Gen 7. I duno xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lickitung
    delibird
    plusle/minun
    rhyperior
    5th gen has so many don't feel like listing
    aromatisse
    oricorio

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Gen I: Magmar
    Gen II: Forretress, I guess (not too opinionated on this one)
    Gen III: Plusle/Minun (Pichu clones, so lazy)
    Gen IV: Magmortar and Rhyperior (both are hideous, but especially Magmortar)
    Gen V: Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus
    Gen VI: Barbaracle
    Gen VII: Incineroar and most of the UBs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Gen 1: Magikarp. The jokes about this thing being so great are getting old.
    Gen 2: Stantler. It's ugly and annoying.
    Gen 3: Luvdisc. Whenever I fight one, it usually spams moves like Sweet Kiss and Attract. I still have bad memories from Misty's Luvdisc in Pokemon Fire Red Omega.
    Gen 4: Arceus. My least favourite legendary. A Pokemon that made everything? Really? Also, I don't like its design.
    Gen 5: Watchog. My least favourite Pokemon of all time. It's weak, it looks bad, and it spams moves like Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Super Fang.
    Gen 6: Binacle. It looks really weird.
    Gen 7: Brionne. I really don't like its design.
    Gen 8: While most Pokemon for this generation still have to be revealed, I'm gonna give this spot to Meltan for now. I think its design is a little weird. Melmetal looks pretty cool, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2019
    1- Pikachu
    2- The whole cyndaquil line
    3- Wingull
    4- LickyLicky
    5- Coballion
    6- F**kin hate the whole Flabebe line with a passion
    7- Gumshoos, however I am quite fond of Yungoos.
    8- Scorbunny if they make it into another fire/fighting

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Gen 1: Zubat, not that I hate it just annoying.
    Gen 2: Pineco
    Gen 3: I actually like all pokemon introduced here, but if I had to choose I would pick Lilleep
    Gen 4: Prinplup, shame since I think Piplup is the best starter in general
    Gen 5: Stunfisk
    Gen 6: Quilladin
    Gen 7: Incineroar. It's just disappointing, I actually like everyone here just as in gen 3

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't hate any Pokemon, but there are some Pokemon I don't care for, and those are:

Gen I: Hypno. Now, I don't hate Hypo, but honestly? The creepypasta and that one creepy Pokedex entry about it have made me feel less about it over the years. Hypno's Lullaby has just made me feel pretty distasteful towards the Pokemon to some degree.

Gen II: I don't...really have a least favorite generation II Pokemon, but I guess if I had to pick I'm not a huge fan of Sunflora. I don't dislike it? But I had such a hard time using it in battle, even in that one Mystery Dungeon story where this Pokemon starred in. I guess, thinking about how hard it is to use in battle just makes it lower on the list for me.

Gen III: I also don't really have a least favorite among this group of Pokemon? But I guess Illumise and Volbeat would be the closest to me for "least favorite" for Generation III, I'm just.... incredibly indifferent towards these two Pokemon. I feel like they're just there for filler, or something.

Gen IV: Rypherior. I don't dislike Rypherior, but I just have never thought Rhyhorn really needed this evolution...? I suppose that's enough to consider that least favorite, right?

Gen V: There aren't really any I can think of, but I'm pretty indifferent to Amoongus, I guess. It just has never really grabbed my attention enough to want to ever try using it.

Gen VI: Binacle. I do think it's well-designed for a barnacle Pokemon, but... it looks really mad. I don't know, that's always made me feel unsettled about Binacle. Also, how does this Pokemon walk? It has no legs.

Gen VII: Gumshoos. I think the internet ruined this Pokemon for me pretty much right away. All the comparisons for a certain someone in politics just made this Pokemon really distasteful. I can't unsee it. But this only goes for regular Gumshoos. I'm okay with the shiny form, as it doesn't look like it who shall not be named.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2019
    Gen 1: Rattata and Raticate.. the fact that they appear basically everywhere was annoying... and encountering Raticate with super fang in cinnabar mansion was the most painful memory I have in Gen 1..

Gen 2: Larvitar.. (I just don't like it..)
    Gen 3: Sableye (what even is that??)
    Gen 4: Bidoof (hideous, really..)
    Gen 5: The entire trubbish and klingklang line (why are they even pokemon?)

Back