• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Banished Platinum

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Years
  • is vs seeker available? if so where can i find it?

Also, does the demo finish at hearthome city?

And for some reason i cant join your discord server, i click accept invite and it says whoops something went wrong

The VS seeker won't be necessary, I'm going to have trainer rematches available automatically after beating gyms around the levels of the rematch teams.
    The demo does finish at Hearthome for now, soon Solaceon town will be available as well as a ton of updated features.
    The Discord link has infinite uses, so I would suggest keep trying to join, potentially on a different device.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    Was honestly disappointed after beating Fantina. Not because of the battle, or anything leading up to it, just at the fact that the demo was over.

Also, I lost to Fantina like two or three times before beating her, and while in the pokecenter, the dialogue for Fantina came up and I got the badge plus Shadow Claw despite the fact I lost.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Alright I haven't checked this thread in a while due to being busy doing other things but I'll answer a few questions and then show something off.

Why did mega luxray become Electric/ice instead of Electric/dark

Electric/Dark Luxray is predictable and overdone, so we wanted to do something different. The Shinx line is based on the lynx, an animal which in real life often lives in cold and snowy environments which made Electric/ice a good alternative and made for a cool design.

Was honestly disappointed after beating Fantina. Not because of the battle, or anything leading up to it, just at the fact that the demo was over.

Also, I lost to Fantina like two or three times before beating her, and while in the pokecenter, the dialogue for Fantina came up and I got the badge plus Shadow Claw despite the fact I lost.

This bug has been reported a few times so it's been fixed and will no longer be an issue in the upcoming update.

Is there a rockruff with own tempo in the demo?

No, but when the update is released there will be a small chance to find a Rockruff with own tempo in the wild.

hii, loving your game, just curious, what gen learnset is in this game

It was previously gen 7 for any Pokemon before gen 8 but it's gradually being changed for each mon to be a hybrid of their gen 7 and 8 learnsets:

- Gen 8 level up moves with some gen 7 ones added back in if there were any notably good moves removed from their gen 8 version
    - Gen 7-esque level intervals because a lot of the gen 8 ones have pretty big gaps between moves, like 5 levels in between or something crazy like that
    - Gen 7 egg moves because there tend to be more of them
    - Gen 7 TMs because this game doesn't use the TM and TR system that gen 8 has

This has the effect of basically being the best of both worlds because if a Pokemon learns a new move in gen 8, it will be present without having to give up good moves from gen 7 as well as having the very good quality of life change from gen 8 where stone evolutions gain all the moves of their previous forms at level 1, so you can go to a move reminder in a Pokecenter and learn any of those moves.

So now for new stuff: Route 209, Solaceon Town, Route 210, and Route 215 are fully completed. Solaceon Town has a bunch of new features and Unown has been turned into a really good and fun to use Pokemon. It can now learn any move that starts with the letter of whatever form you have, regardless of how crazy or overpowered that move may be. This can lead to some very interesting strategies not possible with any other Pokemon. Veilstone City is in progress and when it is finished, the update will be available. It also includes new move animations for almost every move in the game, and Pokemon Bushido style battle backgrounds.

Capture.PNG
    Exported Map.png

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • This game has now been updated, and everything up to Veilstone City is now playable, there's also a Missingno sidequest for extra content. The graphics and music are updated too and the character portraits have been revamped into actual sprites with varying poses and expressions! It's basically a whole different game and though it isn't necessary to do so, I would recommend starting from the beginning if you've already played because it's a different experience from the version previously released. I'm going to work on editing the original post to reflect the current quality of the game because it's had drastic improvements. The new download is already there, so have fun and if you find any bugs, please report them here!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I love how you've done the character portraits. I've been considering if I should go back and replay Platinum for the NDS, but I'd rather wait for this to be completed so I can have the ultimate dopamine rush when I play through Sinnoh again!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I love how you've done the character portraits. I've been considering if I should go back and replay Platinum for the NDS, but I'd rather wait for this to be completed so I can have the ultimate dopamine rush when I play through Sinnoh again!

I have to play through the original version of Platinum to recreate everything in this game and there are so many minor inconveniences that add up due to it being a gen 4 game (and the general series wide ones like trade evolutions). I find this game to be more enjoyable than the original if nothing else but for the quality of life additions, but the improved Pokemon selection helps a lot too. I'd say if you didn't want to have to wait for the rest of this game to be finished it would be worth playing through the original but otherwise this would be a better experience

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Just downloaded, the game runs a wee bit slow on my system. Is there a fast forward/turbo button? If not, do you plan to add it to the next update? Thank you!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Just downloaded, the game runs a wee bit slow on my system. Is there a fast forward/turbo button? If not, do you plan to add it to the next update? Thank you!

I've been asked a few times whether I would add such a thing, and I've always been against it because

1. I've tested one out before and all it does is skip frames, which makes the game look worse
    2. It incentivizes people to abuse it for cutscenes and other important things and then ask what they're supposed to do
    3. It makes the game feel cheap and like it's being played on an emulator rather than a proper game

As for slowdown, the game may eventually be updated to Pokemon Essentials v19, which cuts down on lag a considerable amount so if that ever happens it would help out quite a bit

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Bro, you got some dedication there. A remake made from scratch. Features you have listed might even surpass bdsp lol. Good project sir. Thanks.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Features you have listed might even surpass bdsp lol.

Maybe, I guess we'll see when those games come out and if they're just HD 3D remasters then yes, I'd agree but I'm hoping they're more than that

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • An update for this game is now out! The overworld graphics have been redone and the level scaling is more challenging. Wonder Trade has been revamped, and you can now teach your Pokémon a new move called Multi-Power, which is similar to Hidden Power but its typing depends on the kind of Plate that's being held. Download it now by going to the link on the first page!

Here is a preview of the kind of new graphics you will see:

Route204_result.png

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Man. That feel when a Sinnoh remake in Essentials looks better than an actual remake.

Fuckin props, my dude.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Man. That feel when a Sinnoh remake in Essentials looks better than an actual remake.

Psyduckin props, my dude.

Thanks! Let's just hope Nintendo doesn't find this game and shut it down lol

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • It is on pause at the moment, but it will be finished eventually. It will probably take a while though, so in the meantime there are plenty of great fangames out there to play.

Back