• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
I've always wanted a completed orange islands game. I hope this gets finished. Best of luck and I'll keep an eye out until that time!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Update: Lots of scripting progress, Player sprite has been revamped, exp share is obtained before Kinnow now instead of Mt. Navel, Getting close to Luana now in terms of scripting progress.

Loojaw

The laato
Years
I found a bug. I caught a female pikachu in tangelo jungle. Later when I checked it's stats after level up I found that it was a male.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Update: Lots of scripting progress, Player sprite has been revamped, exp share is obtained before Kinnow now instead of Mt. Navel, Getting close to Luana now in terms of scripting progress.

good your getting closer. im excited to play a fully completed GBC rom hack soon!!!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
World map 10-28-18
Spoiler:

Only 3 maps to go! (not including Shamouti, which is postgame)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
This has really come together! Is that colosseum like structure Pummelo Island?

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
holy cow your almost done! glad to see that your finally almost done updating the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
I'm curious. Did you actually watch the anime in order to get a better idea on how the islands/buildings look like?

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm curious. Did you actually watch the anime in order to get a better idea on how the islands/buildings look like?

I've watched the entire season about 5 times over to get an idea of what to go for, but the islands tend to look very samey in the anime, red roofs, or giant metropolis cities, so I had to get a little creative.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2023
So is just the mapping almost done or is programming close too?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2023
Scripting is getting there, but not as far along as the mapping.

Scripting is just up to before the 4th gym now.

That's still pretty awesome considering there is only 4 gyms. Can't wait for this to be finished. This hack has 2 things I love: gen 2 graphics and a story for Orange Islands.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Hi! Great game, just started playing. I have a question, is Alolan Raichu in the game? I don't want to catch and train that Pikachu only to find out it evolves into the same ol' Rai.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Loving this romhack and the level of detail is impressive. I've ran into a dead end I feel though as once I ran into Butch and Cassidy I cant seem to find a way to the next island.

Back