• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks to everyone who voted, never would I ever have thought when I started ROM hacking in 2010 that I'd win an award here :) Means alot!

Pokemon Orange is constantly changing and improving and I hope you all will stick around to see more!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations on Pokemon Orange winning Hack of the Year 2017, Pia Carrot; you deserve it. I enjoyed Pokemon Orange's polished adaptation and solid gameplay which made traveling through the Orange Archipelago quite fun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Congrats on hack of the year! I already gushed about Orange when I posted my review a while ago, but I can't wait to play what the future brings. :boogie:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I like the picture at the top of the first post. Is that eventually going to be the title screen? Also, I'm having trouble getting enough money to afford everything. Could someone give me a working GS code for infinite money? Things on here are way too costly and I'm not making enough money from battles.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey, guys. I just wanted everyone to know that I am moving my updates and threads over to my forum that I help run: http://pokemonhackersonline.com/index.php

In light of all the crazy stuff here happening I don't see myself posting much more on here, there is a demand for a forum catering to rom hackers and since I already help run one I have decided to take on the responsibility of cleaning up and restructuring the site to cater to people here and returning members.

With all that said my discord is still always active, you can join here: discord.gg/hA96ewC

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Found an issue with the daycare. I left my Pikachu there and it vanished like it was never there.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This is actually a breath of fresh air from all the Orange island hacks out there. Most of them either cheese off the anime and try to remake their based on that. The fact that this hacks aims to create its own storyline using the Orange islands astounds me. I;m looking forward to a lengthier beta before I start playng. Also, since the hack has only 4 badges, will the duration of the game be far sorter than your average hack with 8 badges? (Assuming it's 25-36 hours for an 8 badge game with events.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
This is actually a breath of fresh air from all the Orange island hacks out there. Most of them either cheese off the anime and try to remake their based on that. The fact that this hacks aims to create its own storyline using the Orange islands astounds me. I;m looking forward to a lengthier beta before I start playng. Also, since the hack has only 4 badges, will the duration of the game be far sorter than your average hack with 8 badges? (Assuming it's 25-36 hours for an 8 badge game with events.)

Not exactly; there may only be 4 badges, but there's quite a lot to do between each badge. Lots of exploration and encounters with familiar faces both old and new. Also, after the main game, the post-game is going to have a ton of content filled with stuff to do including Southern Kanto, Cinnabar, Seafoam, and a bunch of previously-anime-only Kantonian islands.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
This hack is incredible, Pia Carrot!! Put 60+ hours into the HOTY beta already and i loved every second of it! My only question is, will we be able to obtain all three starters on a single play through? Anyways, keep up the good work, i cannot wait until this is complete!

How complete is it?
Up to the third badge and access to all areas youve traveled through already minus the rock smash and rock climbing areas.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
This hack is incredible, Pia Carrot!! Put 60+ hours into the HOTY beta already and i loved every second of it! My only question is, will we be able to obtain all three starters on a single play through? Anyways, keep up the good work, i cannot wait until this is complete!

Hi, Lordgold666. Logged in just to reply to you. Yes, all 3 will be available, one is obtainable in the Trovitopolis Sewers and the other will be available in Kumquat Hotel/Gym.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Hi, Lordgold666. Logged in just to reply to you. Yes, all 3 will be available, one is obtainable in the Trovitopolis Sewers and the other will be available in Kumquat Hotel/Gym.
thanks for the quick reply. Thats very good news to hear! I already found the one weaker than my starter in the sewers, was hoping there will be a way to complete the trio. Have a spot already saved in my team for it! lol Anyways, im super stoked for this(+ancient platinum!) to be complete, Best of luck dude

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Since the air has cleared up around here a bit since I left I decided it's fine to post here again, new fangame management with some familiar faces I see :) I'll still be administrating my own forum as that seems to be a good place for disassembly users to discuss and share resources.

Progress is steady, I recently made a huge move to a new state so I'm still settling in and busy with irl stuff but game is mapped all the way to Pummelo Island now, it's just missing maps for an underwater area and Victory Road.

Mandarin Underground was reworked and is now a fully functional rocket base, the scripting for that is still a WIP, and Mt. Navel now has several more floors. Scripting progress for the maingame is still at Ascorbia Island, though its essentially finished with just a few finishing touches remaining for Illustrator Pikachu and the rival event.

Also planned is a graphical rework for Trovitopolis Sewers, and a complete rework for Crystal Cave, the Crystal Onix event will be required for completion now. Kinnow Showboat trainers are programmed but the Showboat itself needs to be mapped and scripted.

There are still a few major bugs I'm working on, namely the Daycare bug, Ditto, and sometimes Sleep moves will cause Poison instead. The famous wipeout bug around Unnamed Island 1 and Danny is fixed now, so you won't get sent back to Valencia anymore. There's also a minor bug where using Rock Smash will shift the player a couple pixels so they won't be level with other NPCs, it's fixed by flying somewhere.

I'm juggling around quite a bit, I am mostly mapping at the moment but I have been scripting and working on wild encounters and such occasionally. Still hoping to complete the game or close to it by the end of the year, but might have to settle for a bug-free, definitive Orange Islands experience if Kanto can't be finished in time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but Unlimited use TMs are in now too!

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
T5P49ry.png
Qg3n8ds.png
k7o4FcR.png

Crystal Cave

32D0E0D.png
rpgh2PP.png

Move Relearner/Reminder and a new dungeon to get Heart Scales.

dm2Yn9y.png
LbmnKYg.png

scripps

I7zDlgN.png

New sewer floors

pKfnHQO.png
JvkcVGB.png
FvGqOim.png
W0bPLDi.png

LUXSnZa.png
mSD36T6.png
eKoeEHr.png
ZTb711B.png

Various - Victory Road Outside, Rind Island, Mt. Navel, Pummelo Island, Unnamed Island 3, Mandarin Underground, Kumquat Island (unfinished)

Back