• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Hey Pia Carrot, nice to see that your hack is progressing.

I like it very much, it's really close to how I envision "game-based Orange Islands" (one difference is that I probably wouldn't put so many newgen Pokemon in there, but I understand that you wanted to make the pool of available Pokemon more diverse and less predictable). It's definitely the best Orange Island hack out there.

There's one random idea I got, which you may like.
How about naming your Player Characters Kaz and Audrey, after the two unknown GS character names that appear in the Translation Glossary. I think they would make perfect second-choice or NPC names for these two.
Unreleased names for unreleased character designs - makes sense, doesn't it?

Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Just made an account specifically for this question because I cannot figure it out. How do I get past the two police officers that say "you can't be here, we're looking for a fruit thief."? I got the Poke Flute from Misty, but I can't find anything/anyone to use it on. I travelled all the way to the very beginning to see if I missed anything, but only found some items to grab since I got Cut.

Are those officers where this hack ends for now until the next update?

Edit: I figured it out! I went the wrong way xD Beat the dude at the top of the ice mountain, and now the way is clear!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I think I found the end :[ there's a building I cannot walk into right after I found a Trade Stone. Man, and I was going ham, too! Thanks for making this hack, btw. Was loads of fun, and that Gloom carried my team hardcore!

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I think I found the end :[ there's a building I cannot walk into right after I found a Trade Stone. Man, and I was going ham, too! Thanks for making this hack, btw. Was loads of fun, and that Gloom carried my team hardcore!

Hi, that's an area that is now cancelled. On route 61 you need to go left to progress to the third gym.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hello, I think that Rock Blast may be incorrectly set to be special instead of physical, it does literally 0 damage on my Lycanroc, comparing to Rock Throw...

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello, I think that Rock Blast may be incorrectly set to be special instead of physical, it does literally 0 damage on my Lycanroc, comparing to Rock Throw...

Seems the PP and Power were swapped so it was only 10 POW and 25 PP. I've fixed it.

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
I really like GBC ROM hacks that create an entirely new experience. Although this doesn't beat Prism in terms of my most favorite ROM hack of all time, this one is most certainly up there in terms of quality, playability, and enjoyment.

And yes, Prof. Ivy is, in fact, smokin'.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Hey looks really cool (I know this is late but congrats on hoty 2017) any progress on the game cause it looks really fun. Thanks for creating one of the few gbc hacks.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey looks really cool (I know this is late but congrats on hoty 2017) any progress on the game cause it looks really fun. Thanks for creating one of the few gbc hacks.

Yup, just did some mapping work yesterday. Almost the entire main game is mapped now, just needs scripts.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Yup, just did some mapping work yesterday. Almost the entire main game is mapped now, just needs scripts.

Ok that's good, I am excited for this to be released. The script for the story must be hard work. But at least the mappings done. Good luck and hope u finish this one day.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
that looks absolutely amazing and promising, really looking forward to it, especially because it's a gbc type game

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Did all the post-game exploring and overall a really good game. Since I prefered to play without the PSS can I ask it's fairy type physical or special?

Back