• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends & Money

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Mixing friends and money is never a good idea. If anything the only benefit is that it will show you the true nature of your friend when it comes time to pay back. If you're going to lend money to someone keep it small and never let others know how much money you really have. As a personal rule I only lend money to my cousins and maybe a friend if they're short when we're out

Years
  • I'll never lend money to anyone anymore, i got disappointed in people too many times. That is always a risk that can destroy friendships.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I lend money to friends sometimes when I can and they always pay back, never had problems. Sometimes I drive them around if they need to and they pay me gas money or next time they'll drive me instead. I don't do this with everyone though, I know who's loyal and who's not.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • One of my best friends is my landlord at present, so we've had very in-depth and mature discussions about money and payment and whatnot. Fun times!

Years
  • In my case, the arrangement more tends to be: "I'll buy this and you can pay me back later." and "If you buy that I'll pay you back later." It's more of a mutual thing and I tend to place more urgency on paying people back than being paid back. My friends and I don't loan money in any exchanges that involve me, whomever has the money buys it and gets paid back later. Anyone who gets loaned money is someone I don't expect it back from, really.

Years
  • I'll buy a friend dinner and things like that because they do the same for me. I've never lent anyone anything substantial, but I have offered to for some specific things like helping friends buy a cheap replacement car or help pay off debt because it would be better for them to get a loan from me than from a bank because I wouldn't charge them interest. They haven't taken to the idea (their pride, I think, wouldn't allow them) though so we never got around to discussing details. If we did I would insist on making it pretty formal and all just because I wouldn't want misunderstandings.

There are only a few people I would ever consider giving money out to though.

Back