• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NJ state court strikes down PARCC

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    this happened a few days ago actually but I'm often late to the party:
    A panel of state appellate court judges on Monday struck down the requirement that students must pass state exams in Algebra I and 10th grade English, saying that the rules — which were put into place in 2016, to take effect with the class of 2020 — don't match a state law that requires students to pass just a single test in 11th grade in order to graduate.
    https://www.nj.com/education/2018/1...-requirements-for-high-school-graduation.html

Kind of caught my attention since I live in New Jersey and have my issues with the U.S. education system.

It seems that it was struck down because of technicalities more than anything else, but I'd like to see where this goes. If it goes anywhere anyway.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I am actually dealing with that, i graduate in 2020, and PARCC is something else. tbh its better than the other state testing I had where I would be testing for hours. But having certain tests for example, at my school, the one for Algebra 2 is said to test if you are college and career ready, how does one test determine if you are that? It really doesnt, but I know PARCC, since i just took the Algebra 2 one before i had winter break, so that was fun (not).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Good! Not everyone is going to be good in everything. I know I was horrible when it came to math. It took me 3 years to pass Algebra 1.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I mean, systemic issues in the American education system stretch back to beyond Trump was even alive, mind you.

That's strange, I don't remember saying that the American education system only became a joke with Trump's election, mind you.

If anything, I find it to be one of many causes of the effect, but a big one. Have you seen the way they paint the curriculums red in the American south?

Last edited:
    Back