• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you feel connected to Unova?

Years
  • I do feel a notable connection to Unova because it felt like the first region that resembles today's world best, as shown with Castelia City's skyscrapers and Pokemon such as Trubbish.

I know that when I play through a Unova game, I get a feeling that I know I don't get with other regions.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Unova is amazing in my eyes. I have so much fun when I play it. The story felt refreshing for a Pokemon game and much deeper than all of the others. The game probably has the most of my Pokemon memories attached to it despite playing every core series game since the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Unova felt very weird to me. Something about it doesn't feel like Pokemon, but I've never been able to figure out what. I noticed this especially after playing the 5th gen and then going back to play platinum.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Where I live (Western NY) there's really not many towns filled with a rich history that everyone is interested in and although there is a large city it's nothing like Castelia. But appart from the amazing cities and towns Unova has I kinda connected with the games plot. I really got interested in N's pursuit and how everyone looks at ideals vs. ideas. Perhaps its why I like Unova more than the other games because it plot seems to look past that of an evil team with nefarious goals (I mean there is Ghetsis but there's a lot of story behind that) and kinda brings it to a deeper level. At least that was my view of the whole plot and backstory to N but perhaps others share my view?

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • In my first journey of Unova I felt completely lost - things just didn't click for me whatsoever. I think this was because it kinda coincided with my spell of falling out of love with Pokémon; it just wasn't cool, heaven forbid anyone found out that I liked Pokémon!

Going back through it, especially through BW2, was a completely different experience. I think it may be my favourite region, it truly is fantastic. It was such a change of pace and was refreshing. I loved it and it's now my something I want to replay now that I'm thinking about it, aha.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The atmosphere and the level of detail that was put into the region design is something unseen in a Pokémon game before or since, so yes. I adored the region and I really felt like I and the other characters were a part of it, rather than in a lot of the other games where you might as well be a tourist and the setting is basically just a backdrop.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I have to agree! The immersion I felt between Black & White and their respective sequels made the Pokémon world tons more appealing to me. I absolutely LOVED the postgame in the sequels, and there was always something for me to end up doing after I beat the game. The only games that really game close to that WOW factor were the ORAS pair, and even those had a hard time topping what Game Freak did for the 5th Generation of the games.

Years
  • Though this is going to seem contradictory compared to all the love for it in this thread, I remember when Black/White came out and had witnessed so much hate for the new Pokémon and region, but I quickly fell in love with it and I have to say I'm probably more connected to Unova than the earlier regions.

Back