• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • As a fan that saw three years of good Lambert football I find it hard to believe that he's become a bad manager overnight, even only one of those years was in the Premier League. I think this is just one of those cases where it doesn't work.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I don't think it's a case of him being a bad manager, what he achieved at Norwich was remarkable and he deserves full praise for it. I think he's an okay manager who's doing an okay job at Villa. He really does need to try and instill more than one style of play though, it's so one-dimensional. It's fine having a philosophy and sticking to it, but the best managers can adapt it.

#prayformoyes #tearsfordavid Quite funny really, anyone reckon we'll get Damned United 2 film out of this? Very similar grounds to Mr. Clough's time at (Leeds) United.

lol i'd love to see that. Moyes played by Peter Capaldi?..

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • His footballing philosophy at Norwich and Colchester was far from defensive. I'd imagine it would be difficult to get a squad of lower league and european offcuts playing well, especially when Benteke is having a major case of second season syndrome. Or maybe the players have just lost confidence in him, seemingly like Norwich and Hughton this season.

Years
  • I don't know why they had to wait until it was mathematically impossible, either. The signs were clearly there for the entire season that he was not cut out for the job.

I suppose that one is answered if the rumours about missing the CL allowed them to activate a clause that ended his contract early were true.

On Lambert, all I have to say is he gave us money for Joe Bennett, from that perspective he should be the worst manager of all time.

Sounds like a typical Jose game happened tonight, I didn't see it unfortunately.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Man Utd = Stinky old bus I used to go to away matches on with my school team
    Chelsea = The bus from Speed

Chelsea would beat Bayern.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • 19th century football involves only a couple of defenders and loads of strikers that would pick up the ball and run with it. So no.

Years
  • 0-0 at Atletico Madrid; Chelsea have no away goals so Atletico may have a slight advantage here though Stamford Bridge has largely been a fortress this season. Close tie, but I hope Atletico progresses.

Looking forward to the game against Real Madrid tomorrow. Hopefully we don't allow complacency to settle into our game.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The modern footballer has to be competent in a number of roles.

And if you play under Mourinho you'd rather know how to defend, even if you are Samuel Eto'o.

Seriously, we need a new evolution of the concept "parking the bus" just for Mourinho's tactics. In Spanish we have the "Trivobus" (432-...........-1), but idk in English.

Years
  • Subpar performance in 0-1 defeat against Real...

Food for thought: "Then they'll [Bayern] become like Barcelona, who are unwatchable because they pass the ball backwards when on the goal line." - Franz Beckenbauer (1 month ago)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Real v Bayern proving that it's not how much of the ball you have, but what you do with it.

That said, Bayern looked quite poor tonight. If they perform like that again in the second leg they're out.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I get to work, check the feed and find a "breaking" about it :\ Sad, sad day. And to think 8 months ago he was still barça's coach. This has been a terrible year for them, this is the icing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Fulham vs Hull, West Brom vs West Ham and Sunderland vs Cardiff.

Will be e nervous wreck before tomorrow is over.

Steve Bruce you ♥♥♥♥ing legend.

Also nice final few mins from Boro by the looks of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back