• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • It seemed like you were using his post-match comments and using his "autism" to goad me on for having an "autistic" manager. If that was not your intention then disregard my comments.

If your question was serious, I don't care if he's autistic as long has he leads us into further success. At 43 years of age he's already achieved what most managers can only dream of accomplishing and has many more years left in him. All the people are saying Guardiola's "tiki taka" is failing and Guardiola has lost it, conveniently forgetting that just this season we've won Bundesliga in record time, won the Club World Cup, won the Super Cup, went to the Champions League semi finals, and went to a national cup final.

That being said though, even though I have praised him earlier, he was at fault for yesterday's debacle (I can go on about this, but for right now I'm keeping it short). Next season will be an important one for us, and whether or not Pep keeps his job after his contract ends will depend on whether he can adapt his tactics to deal better with the likes of counter attacking football we saw from Real Madrid yesterday. This pattern has also been observed in the Bundesliga as well, though most teams weren't good enough to hold on for 90 minutes and eventually capitulated. (with the exception Dortmund who also trashed us)

Years
  • 2-1 Atletico after 60 minutes. Madrid Derby in Lisbon confirmed?

Edit 3-1. Madrid Derby in final looks certain.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Opening up the 'player of the season' vote to Twitter and Facebook would have been a slightly smarter move if the club hadn't performed so shockingly all season. Carlo Nash winning by a mile. Bet the club won't accept those votes.

That's hilarious. I didn't even know Nash was still 'playing' and by playing I mean still having a professional contract because he has spent his entire career not playing.

I remember when RVW first signed for Norwich and thinking he was going to tear shiz up in the Premier League. How wrong I was :/

There were a lot of big signings like that by bottom half clubs and none of them have worked well at all. I can think of Andy Carroll, Andreas Cornelius as other signings that should have tore up for their bottom half teams.

2-1 Atletico after 60 minutes. Madrid Derby in Lisbon confirmed?

Edit 3-1. Madrid Derby in final looks certain.

One step closer to what will surely be the best Atletico season ever (or if not the best for a very very long time).

I'm liking the setup for this final now. Clive Tyldesley was talking about how good a 'Mourinho v Ronaldo' final would be when he was commentating last night and I was just thinking how stupid are you there's a Madrid derby potentially right there for you...

Years
  • Trivia: Since 2008, Team that has knocked out Barcelona has gone on to win the Champions League. Will Real Madrid break that pattern?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I hope not.

Nah, I'm 100% certain it won't be the case.

CL-League double sounds nice. Three games to go!

Years
  • Well it all happened in the last minutes on the last day of the Championship. Birmingham stay up with a late goal, Brighton into the playoffs with a late goal too.

Good day for Boro too, but then I guess we were playing a team not cut out for the Championship. It could've been a lot more by the sound of it as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I'm glad Brum stayed up, their fans don't deserve what their board have done to them recently. Also have a bit of a soft spot for the ex-Norwich lad in their midfield.

Have a feeling it will be Wigan through the play offs, and as a fan of a team probably aiming at the top part of the Championship next season I suppose I'd want them or QPR to go up. Don't think Derby will be as strong next season, same with Brighton.

Yup, some nice stat padding for Ledesma there.

Now to watch 4 Premier League games at the same time.

Years
  • I'm mixed on QPR, I want them to go up to make next season easier, but if they stayed down then they'll eventually be destroyed by FFP.

Ledesma is definitely the worst player to score those goals really, it will make him look good and it will convince Karanka (who likes him far too much it seems) to keep playing him next year when he's a complete one trick pony.

It looks like a good day elsewhere in the north east, Sunderland winning again and Newcastle bothering to play this week (which also helps Sunderland). Not looking good at all for Fulham or Cardiff (or Norwich but at least they can't be confirmed to go down yet) so far...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I will never know why Dejagah doesn't play every game from the start for them. They also set up really defensively vs Hull the other day and were lucky to get a result when we played them.

Looking like a rather competitive Championship next season. Might even see Becchio play some games.

Years
  • Man City beat Everton to pretty much secure the title in Manchester. Their next two home games are against Aston Villa and West Ham at home.

Good win at Hamburg to slowly restore confidence. Plus I can have the last say to my German teacher (Hamburg fan) who made fun of us for our Champions League debacle. Stuttgart have nothing to play for next week so I expect to beat them next week easily as well in preparation for the cup final against Dortmund.

Years
  • If anything playing him probably helped Cardiff,Fulham and Norwich. It's just the kind of thing that people will complain about for ages though. There's probably still sheff utd fans angry about Tevez.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Majority of the Norwich fans, me included, would rather they left that alone. It does feel wrong though that they can get off so lightly for breaking a rule when the refs invent rules to take points away from us. I'm referring to the Leryo Fer vs Cardiff incident, the ref didn't blow his whistle for the throw in.

Back