• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    My cousins visited me today and we had a few battles, I kept sleeping their pokemon with Ivysaur :P (who cares about Sleep Clause). He did beat me the first match, he sweeped my 5 remaining pokemon with Frogadier lol. Second match I switched Spritze and Vivillon with Snorlax and Croagunk, I won that last one.

I might actually keep the Croagunk since there's no Hitmonlee in Pokemon X. I used the Event Torchic for a while but Im think of taking it out of my team. I'm the Rock Gym town now and I think Im going to pick up my fossil, Tyrunt here I come.

With this my current team should be

Frogadier
    Ivysaur
    Croagunk
    Tyrunt

The last 2 spots are for Goomy and Clauncher. I should really consider a Flying type hmmm.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Helioptile was difficult to train but was super cute. His evolution took me by suprise, I almost gave up on him. BUT he does learn Surf... And in his evolved form Parobolic is strong enough to keep him alive. AND he is tied for fastest mon on my team...
    While searching for an Eevee [to evolve into Sylveon] on Route 10, I'm currently training my recently caught Helioptile and he's probably the weakest link on my team right now, but I'm glad to hear he gets better after evolving. Had no idea he learns Surf, that's good to know!

I'm also letting my Tyrunt get in some experience with the Exp. Share.

Most of my Pokémon are currently Level 27 or 28 (reserved included) with the exception of Helioptile (LV. 19) and Tyrunt (LV. 21). I have to admit, opting to use only the new Pokémon this play-through, the new Pokémon have really impressed me thus far. I mentioned that my Helioptile is my weakest link, but he still puts up a good fight. I like that each one of them can hold their own in battle.

Team On Hand:
    694.png
    696.png
    678-f.png
    674.png
    676.png

Reserves:

662.png
    666-mo.png
    654.png
    657.png

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    A lot has happened since my last update.
    I beat the Pokemon E4 and Champion, and since then have been catching as many Pokemon as possible as well as training them. I found myself temporarily ditching most of my team I used up to the Champion and am now focusing more towards a wifi-battle oriented team. This time I am actually focusing on Pokemon with good Natures, or Pokemon that I like that I didn't get to use xD

ALSO I GOT MY FIRST LEVEL 100 EVER! Met him at level 38 and now he is all grown up lol. I am so excited. The highest I had before this was a level 88 Roserade in Diamond. Usually I don't have the patience to grind haha. Sadly his name sucks because I had to trade my Haunter for someone else's Haunter so we could get Gengar.

My current team:
    Gengar Lv100
    Mienshao (TopPercent) Lv82
    Dragalge (Beast) Lv80
    Greninja (Hopper) Lv90
    Azumarill (Dragonslayer) Lv89
    Salamence Lv61

Notable mentions in PC that I used/will use:
    Garchomp Lv65
    Zoroark Lv71
    Delphox (KinnieKins [it came with the nickname, I like it! haha]) Lv37
    Tyranitar Lv56
    Bunnelby (Diggity) Lv51
    Farfetch'd Lv44

Also am working up on leveling Houndoom, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Gardevoir, Donphan, Banette, and Jigglypuff. Not sure how much use they'll get but we'll see!

Years
  • Made some progress from last time. I got my 6th badge, and my goal is to get all 8 by the end of the night. Currently on Route 15.

The team:
    Varrick, (male) Dragalge, Lv 51
    Fiona, (female) Lucario, Lv 52
    Lila, (female) Delphox, Lv 52
    Roshi, (male) Blastoise, Lv 52
    Jack, (male) Scolipede, Lv 52

I think my last addition will be Noivern, but I want something with better type coverage. Not sure what yet.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I managed to get lost, and I'm not sure where to go after the city near Glimmering Cave? If anyone knows where to go on the path to the second gym, that'd be much appreciated information.

Not too much happened, evolved a few more of my Pokemon and found a Leaf Stone which I'm not sure what to do with at the moment. Eh, I'll just hold onto it until I can find an actual purpose for it, I guess.

Also, I got an Absol in a Wonder Trade! So thank you to whoever it was that did that. c':

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Sorry for not updating in a couple days. Not only did I force myself to soft-reset for team members with good IVs/natures (including the Event Torchic), but I also Super Trained them.

Anyway, I finished all that above for now, and I'm about to take on Viola.

Current team:

Froakie, male, level 15
    -Lick
    -Growl
    -Water Pulse
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Timid

Vivillon, female, level 12
    -Tackle
    -Struggle Bug
    -Stun Spore
    -Protect
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Shield Dust

Fletchling female, level 12
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Quick Attack
    -Peck
    Nature: Naive

Torchic, male, level 12
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy
    -Ember
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Hi.im on route 4 ,have the 1st gym badge ,13 hrs of gameplay behind me .currently heading toward Lumiose city.
    I play mostly after midnight ,just to busy all day , but loving this game Pokemon X
    I see alot of you are almost on Victory Rd. Is this game short and easy ? or are you putting in mega time with it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Having recently become the undisputed champion on the region. I decided it was time to kick back, and do some exploring. A short skip and fly and I found myself wandering the hallowed forest of Route 20 right outside a small shanty village of wayward pokemon. I was in search of a certain ghost monster that fit the profile of a mega evolution stone I had recently come across. Taking a short stride through a small opening of tress I ambled carelessly up a staircase to a rather secluded area. The moonlight shown through the trees giving a soft illumination to the balcony of green and brown. Then it happened, and it was likely one of the strangest things I had come across in my journey through the lands yet.

A howling swarm of Trevenant crawled quickly towards me, and surrounded me with deadly intent. My gaze cast from left to right in a subtle panic as I threw the pokeball containing the small savior that would act as both shield and sword in this fight. Yet something was in this swarm that didn't belong. There was something here that didn't look like the others as much as it tried. I locked eyes with it.. It locked eyes with me for a single moment all the while standing as a stone like sentinel among the other creatures that didn't even seem to notice it wasn't one of them. It looked away, pretending that I didn't see it, and it didn't see me. After a short battle that lit the sky ablaze with lightning and intent all that remained was the out of place pokemon. Still pretending I wasn't there, and honestly grinding on my nerves. Within the swarm of ghostly trees was a single Sudowoodo. Despite all it's attempts to ignore me and fit into the environment as a piece of flora. It soon found a one way trip to the pokemon center, and a new addition to my Pokedex..

A Sudowoodo pretending to be a Trevenant, well played Gamefreak, well played..

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    {:3} Nicely written my friend ,I could picture it all , thanks for sharing that!

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Got a Quiet female Espurr out of an egg. Started to Super Train it's Special Attack and am almost there. I'm still thinking if I am going to train Defense (because many Dark Attacks are physical) or HP (because Meowstic's HP isn't very high)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Well, a lot has happened since my last Update!
    I now have the 4th badge, and my team has become a BEAST!!
    Everyone is fully evolved, and i freaking love my Toxicroac and Doublade (:
    Also, the Berry Planting is great and the Battle Chateau a lot of fun!

Playtime: around 25hrs
    Badges: 4

Team:
    Toxicroac LV 38
    Charizard (X) Lv 38
    Doublade Lv 38
    Greninja Lv 38
    Aurorus Lv 38

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I am actually playing the game for the second time already. I finished the first run last Sunday night and decided to start over.

My first run took about 30-35 hours of time mainly, because I got stuck and didn't find a way to Cyllage City (I'm not sure was it spelled like that but anyhow) and decided to power level my team.

At the first run against my every logic I decided to start with Froakie and go with a female character because I wanted to know were they worth my time. Have to admit that I was surprised how good Froakie turned out to be, especially after it evolved into Greninja but I was a bit disappointed when I found out that it won't learn any Dark-type moves. And instead it learned Extrasensory which bit threw me of, though it helped to beat most Fighting-type pokémon in battles. And compared to male character it seems a bit stupid that girl character has more clothing options. I really hope there's the same styled hat for a boy character that Lucas wears in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games. The hat that is a bit like grandpa style or something, I don't know what it's called actually...

Mostly my team consisted of pokémon that were native to Kalos region such as Greninja, Florges, Pyroar (tried to find a male Litleo for like two hours but didn't have any luck so I went with a female), Aurorus and also Flygon (just had to see how it looks like in 3D). My sixth pokémon was Bibarel which I mainly used as a sacrifice in battles and as an HM slave.

The hardest Gym in Kalos was definitely Clemont's although to be honest they all felt pretty too easy even. Maybe I've gone soft or something but it's just that earlier games were really hard. Even the previous generation had Gym Leaders that needed some tactis but these were just too easy for me. And not to forget Elite Four which was a bit disappointment too. The only one I had troubles with was Siebold and his Gyarados as I didn't have an Electric- or Grass-type pokémon on my team so I had to Surf and Petal Dance that bastard down. And though Diantha is pretty she's no way near the level of Cynthia. It took less than three minutes to get her on knees and begging for mercy.

Anyhow, I restarted the game pretty much after beating the Elite Four and decided to go with my original plan and chose Fennekin as my starter. I also chose the male character and at the moment my team consists of Braixen (lvl.30), Wartortle (lvl.30), Kirlia(lvl.26) and Bagon(lvl.17/freshly caught). I was thinking that I'd ditch the fossil pokémon and take Abomasnow and Ampharos/Lucario on my team. At the moment I'm at the second Gym but cannot play now as I'm at school.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Bought X on its launch here in SG, completed the story yesterday noon. Awesome game, also caught Zygarde and Mewtwo yesterday, and Zapdos today. :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    At Lumiose City gym right now.

Delphox lv 42
    Malamar lv 39
    Swanna lv 40
    Mawile lv 40
    Skrelp lv 30

Trying to help Skrelp catch up with the others right now. I hatched one yesterday and it has a modest nature.

Either Trevenant or Gourgeist will be my final team member. The last time I wanted to use a grass type on my team this much was Roserade in Diamond, so I won't let this slip by.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    I'm already blogging my adventures, but a quick status update here wouldn't hurt, right? (in case I don't want a full on blog post)

Anyways, only a little past the second gym, on the way to the third. Kinda slow, I keep wanting to catch more monsters. My in-game team as of right now:

Tyrunt @ 27
    Braixen @ 27
    Lucario @ 31
    Pikachu @ 30
    Honedge @ 30
    Bibarel @ SLAVE (16)

Last couple of catches: Mr. Mime, Woobuffet, Sableye, Solosis, tons of Nido family members.
    Last major event: Uhm.. I reached Shalour City? Meh..

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Totally excited that my Bagon is a part of my team. I got lucky and found him right away (literally my first encounter in the coastal dex). I named him Barrowman and he will be the best! I've been wanting to use a Bagon forever!!!!!!!! I also revived my Amaura and I'm in love. I named him Pandora! I love petting him in Pokémon Amie and I think it's so silly how your hands freeze if you pet the ice crystals on his side.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Updating again.

I beat Viola (literally 2HKOed Surskit and Vivillon with my Vivillon's Struggle Bug and Froakie's Water Pulse, respectively). Finished Flabébé hunting and I'm training my Flabébé up.

Current team:

Frogadier, male, level 17
    -Lick
    -Growl
    -Water Pulse
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Timid

Vivillon, female, level 13
    -Tackle
    -Struggle Bug
    -Stun Spore
    -Protect
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Shield Dust

Fletchling, female, level 13
    -Tackle
    -Agility
    -Quick Attack
    -Peck
    Nature: Naive

Torchic, male, level 13
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy
    -Ember
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Flabébé, female, level 8 (training)
    -Tackle
    -Vine Whip
    -Fairy Wind
    Nature: Modest

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So a quick update on my journey.. I defetes clemont and Valerie and just recently beat team flare at the pokeball factory. I have been leveling my pokes on route 15 but I am going to start searching for a phantump on route 16. I also just caught a Mightyena and named him Black Knight. So, other than that, here is me team as of right this moment:

Black Knight (Mightyena) lvl 36
    Greninja lvl 43
    Blaziken lvl 43
    Charizard lvl 44
    Tyrantrum lvl 44

(If anyone would be willing to trade with me when I get my phantump to evolve it then trade back, that would be great.)

Years
  • Obtained my fourth Kalos gym badge! Easiest one yet, because my Talonflame destroyed the grass types. Anyway, I am currently on route 13, heading to solve the Power Plant situation. Ran into a Gible and caught that too :3

The team:

Talonflame - Level 41
    Greninja - Level 40
    Pikachu - Level 40
    Amaura - Level 38 (so close to evolving!)
    Eevee - Level 37 (won't evolve into Sylveon ;-;)
    Inkay - Level 30 (new, training)

My team changes too much. I have so many I want to use haha

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Made a lot of progress the last few days, I have 7 badges and have just caught xerneas (I actually caught it after 3-4 great balls which was a surprise).

Team:

Delphox Lv56
    Lapras Lv55
    Raichu Lv61
    Golurk Lv56
    Pangoro Lv56
    Pidgeot Lv55

Back