• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Misdreavus

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Start your spooky week with Misdreavus!

What do you think of Misdreavus? Do you think it is scary enough to compare to other ghosts in Pokemon? Is the design great or substandard in comparison to generation one's ghosts? What moveset did you use in-game?

Discuss your thoughts on Misdreavus!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I never really used it, but it's a pretty cute Pokemon. I still prefer using the Gastly line on my main team, as Misdreavus doesn't really have the best stats. It also would've been nice to have Morty use a Misdreavus, it'd be the perfect Pokemon for him.

Last edited:

littlebeeb

小さなもの
    Years
  • Misdreavus' cry was always so crazy to me. I love it though because it's so unique. Never really used one so maybe I'll see how I can fit one into my team at some point to spice my game up!

Years
    • Seen today
    I used Misdreavus in Colosseum and didn't like it because it died all the time. When I replayed Colosseum, I didn't use it again.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Misdreavus is the cutest ghost, especially as seen on the Japanese-exclusive Morty's Misdreavus card (a card that I'd love to add to my collection someday). It's one of my top-3 favorite Ghost-Types, alongside Froslass and Shedinja, as well as one of my top-10 favorite Gen. II Pok?mon. I was shocked to find a Shiny one in VC Gold a few weeks ago!

RVqGGOC.jpg

I prefer its design over that of its evolution. I despised Mismagius for a long time, but I used one in an HGSS play-through a while back since Misdreavus wasn't very useful unevolved and it grew on me a little. I just wish it looked a bit more like some of the Mismagius fan art I've seen...

The only time I recall being creeped-out by Misdreavus was when I saw its unofficial Beckett Pok?mon artwork (it looks like the soul of a Goofy Movie character)... and whenever I see fan art that gives it a realistic human face. Do not want. ;A;

Last edited:
    Years
  • Misdreavus didn't exactly pick up on my radar until later generations because of Mismagius.

Otherwise.. eh. Not a Pokemon I thought much about.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • In Gen 2 Morty did not use Misdreavus (Being obsessed with the Gengar line) and it did not appear until right at the end of the game. Many people may have played Gen 2 and never seen a Misdreavus.

I like Misdreavus and think it has an adorable design and I always like any Misdreavus I use to female. I caught a Shiny female Misdreavus called Esmerelda in Alpha Sapphire. She is still a Misdreavus as I do not like Mismagius' Shiny colouration.

In Gen 2 I thought Misdreavus was a female Haunter and tried evolving a female Gastly into one. Thankfully somebody kindly traded me a Misdreavus.

Getting an evolved form in Mismagius really helped Misdreavus and it got great exposure in Gen 4 as Fantina's signature Pokemon.

Years
  • Misdreavus is an interesting little Pok?mon! I'll confess I've never really used one, though.
    In Generation II, they just take until waaaaay too late to become available, and in Generation IV... I dunno! I guess I just always used other Pok?mon instead. I might try using one sometime, though!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Adorable Pokemon, I hate how it can't be caught in Johto in GSC. Morty's an idiot for not using it.

Years
  • It's adorable! Agreed with littlebeeb that it had a spooky cry, but at the same time it was so unique and cute. If it were catchable earlier in the games I'd definitely have used one. I'm thinking of doing a challenge run just with Misdreavus at some point too, since I've never really properly used it!

Years
  • I'm okay with Misdreavus. To be honest, as a kid, it was the longest time until I knew it even existed. When I first encountered it in the wild, I absolutely freaked out because it was a Pok?mon I had never seen before. As far as usefulness, I can't say I've ever used one. I usually just take Gastly instead.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've always loved Misdreavus. It's just so cool and I like the colors, plus it always had interesting TCG art back in the day. Learns some varied moves too, so that's a plus for me bc I like that in a 'mon. lol I actually have a Misdreavus plush and it was chillin on my bed for the whole month of October. 8) My only complaint with it is that it's in post game for GSC which is mega lame. Like I wanna use it NOW. Not LATER.

Back