• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA I need board games to live

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
What's your favourite ice cream flavour? :D

How about top five favourite board games? :b

You're from the Netherlands, right? Are the tulip fields as beautiful as they look in the pictures?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
What inspired you to make Fire Type Emblem?

Pokémon Conquest mostly. It's turn-based, so I thought it could easily work on a forum.
However the game-play itself is mostly a mix between Mystery Dungeon and Conquest, and I took some inspiration from Fire Emblem (terrain, player/enemy colors and of course the name) and Dungeons & Dragons (action system) as well.

How did it take to make css for it?

Wayyy too long. Before I had this nice interactive summary screen, all Pokémon data was listed in a spoiler, with a short summary in a [float] on the map. But as floats started to randomly pop up in weird places, I had to redo everything.
If you also count the time I spent writing a Python code to generate my CSS code (yes, I went there), it's a lot. Like, really a lot.

Ice-Cream or steak?

ICE CREAM! :D

Steak is great too though!

What's your favourite ice cream flavour? :D

Banana! Some of the more obscure flavors such as cheesecake and stroopwafel are really good too! :D

How about top five favourite board games? :b

Ughh, why are you making me do this? Board games come sorts, shapes and sizes, and comparing them is like comparing apples and pears. After debating what to put here for close to ten minutes, here's a list of five game that I think are absolutely amazing:
Dominion
Munchkin
Catan: The Card Game
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
7 Wonders

Tabletop RPGs as Dungeons & Dragons are heaps of fun as well, but they're not actually a classical board game in that sense, so I wasn't sure whether I could put them on the list.

You're from the Netherlands, right? Are the tulip fields as beautiful as they look in the pictures?

Yup. And they are! :D
But they're not as abundant in the whole country as people make you think. I live on the countryside and it's all corn, potatoes, sugar beets here. :P

Why do you need board games to live?

Because they are fun! And I may have an addiction, haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What's your best DnD char? :D

MUNCHKIN <333 I love it but my friends rarely want to play, bawww ;; i have 5 expansions or something

Lycanthropy

Years
What's your best DnD char? :D

I love playing one of my current characters, a half-elf sorcerer named Xan'andrién. His personality can be summarized as "blazing and amazing", with his main interests being himself and setting things on fire.
Xan is a magician who has spent most of his life in taverns until his parents died and he had to get a job to stay alive. He spent some time doing magic shows, but got fired (pun intended) after losing his control over his magic and causing several second degree burns. From then on he decided to use his arcane powers to hurt baddies instead.

His recurring quote: "But they looked so flammable, I'm sorry!"

MUNCHKIN <333 I love it but my friends rarely want to play, bawww ;; i have 5 expansions or something

Awww. :( You're free to come over and I'll gladly play with you! :]

I only have the first three expansions myself, since they never bothered to translate the gazillion other ones to Dutch. I'm considering to pick up the English version of the game for exactly that reason at some point.

Lycanthropy

Years
How did you come to pokecommunity and what interested you to stay here?

One of my friends showed me a ROM hack he was playing and I really surprised to hear people could make those. I've been wanting to make my own Pokémon game for years. A short Google search later I found these forums and made an account to download the tools needed for hacking.
It wasn't until almost a year later that I started posting around for a bit. Pokémon Trivia and later the Underground too made me stick around and have drawn me back here ever since.

Funnest year of your life?

My last year of high school. After I dropped all boring subjects (the ones that could be dropped anyway), while still having a lot of free time and a fun circle of friends, with whom I quite often stayed longer in school to chat or play cards.

What's so great about cheese, anyway? :P

1. It is delicious.
2. Cheese has been a joke among my friends for years. It all started with a couple of text adventures about cheese I had programmed on my calculator in high school (mostly during math and physics classes, heh). After that a cheese harvesting (yes, you read that right) economy forum game and a world-building project with two continents full of countries with cheese puns and its cheese moon followed, among other things. That's about the gist of it. :]

Back