• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon Gold Sinnoh (Final)

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
  • Hello everyone!

I present you Pokémon Gold Sinnoh (Final). It's the FINAL version of Gold Sinnoh. I post it here, coz it's final, and it seems many people have missed it in the ancient topic in the sideshow showcase, as no one have seem to saw it.

Pokémon Gold Sinnoh (Final) is the third and final version of "Pokémon Gold Sinnoh". It'much more better than the previous versions, and these old versions have been deleted already!

For those who don't know, Pokémon Gold Sinnoh is a brand new aventure in the Sinnoh region, but it's completely different from Diamond, Pearl or Platinum versions.

Principal changes from the two previous versions:
    • The big majority of text dialogs, as well as many maps, have been considerably improved and corrected.
    • The names of places are now the good names on the map, but some are abbreviated.
    • Pokémon movesets have been updated to match closely to Sinnoh Gen 4.
    • A lot of trainers, including Gyms and Elite Four, have been updated considerably.
    • Added some new elements to the story, including rematches with some trainers, a more in depth story with Jim (your neighbour).
    • Item Traders have been added, as well as up to 16 Pokémon traders.
    • Game Corner Prizes have been modified. Marts have been adjusted as well!
    • Some TMs have been modified to be a new move. TM07 teaches Thunder Wave, TM20 teaches Agility, TM27 teaches Baton Pass and TM34 teaches Amnesia.
    • Moves have been updated up to Gen 8 positives changes, as well as compatibilities with existing TMs.
    • Added a new training facility called the Trainer Tower in Fight Area.
    • Wild Pokémon locations have adjusted or corrected.
    • Some new shiny Pokémon also appears in certain places.
    • Fixed a major bug with the gate on Route 230 which previsously caused you to be unable to trade on the GTS once you entered into it.
    • The Colosseum have been restored, but it's at the GTS in Jubilifie City with the trading rooms.
    • Fixed the lighting in some areas.
    • The walkthrough is updated for the game's final version, as you can see in the "walkthrough" section of the website of the game.
    • Many more improvements and suprises are waiting for you! 😉

Here are some pictures (more can be found on the website of this game):

pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_map.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_new-trainer-tower.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_new-tunel-sendoff-spirng.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_oreburgh-gym.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_route-202.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_route-227-block.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_tr-block.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_veilstone-gc-prizes-3.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_alpinist-doctor.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_barry-house.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_basement-travon-house.png
    pokemon-gold-sinnoh-final_shiny-articuno.png

Enjoy the improved and final version Pokemon Gold Sinnoh. It is really much better than the previous versions! 😉

Here is the website of this game:

https://pokemongoldsinnoh.wordpress.com/

Download the IPS file from this post, or from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2i9jouf3gu6x6d/Pokemon_Gold_Sinnoh_%28Final%29.ips/file

Patch this file using Lunar IPS to an original english Pokemon Gold ROM.

Enjoy and have fun playing!

ericgall23 ;)

Attachments

• Pokemon Gold Sinnoh (Final).ips
      320.4 KB · Views: 187
    • Pokemon-Gold-Sinnoh-Final-docs.zip
      357 KB · Views: 145
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Awesome man! Did you use Gold's source code by any chance? If so, would you mind posting the source? I'd like to modify the level cap to something higher like 250. Anyway, I remember playing this game years ago and it was awesome.

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Thanks a lot, but this version is so much better than the past versions, since it's fully corrected! I hope you'll enjoy it! Sadly, many people did videos with the past versions, which were full of mistakes... If they had this final version, they would like their adventure in Sinnoh (GBC style) so much more, and much better! ;)

Just to answer your questions, I won't modify the things regarding the Pokémon themselves, and there's no PSS, in any of my hacks (games). I want to keep these the same as the originals, to avoid bugs, and because, i,M not the creator of the Pokémon or their nature. They're great the way they are! and they're are fully tradable with TGB DUAL as well! The only things I modifiy touching indirectly them are the TMS compatibility (when I create new TMS with new moves), since these are items in the first places... and the Pokémon attacks are updated up to Generation 7 positive changes as well.

I do hope this won't prevent you for trying my games, coz it's a completely new adventure filled with many surprises! (I don't want to spoil you too!)

Have fun! ;)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh man, I remember this hack from back in the day, and tbh, It was my least favorite GBC hack at the time because of the lack of Sinnoh mons and the garbled storyline. I might give this a spin soon, although I would suggest you pump up the graphics if it's still using the old school GSC graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Thanks a lot, but this version is so much better than the past versions, since it's fully corrected! I hope you'll enjoy it! Sadly, many people did videos with the past versions, which were full of mistakes... If they had this final version, they would like their adventure in Sinnoh (GBC style) so much more, and much better! ;)

Just to answer your questions, I won't modify the things regarding the Pokémon themselves, and there's no PSS, in any of my hacks (games). I want to keep these the same as the originals, to avoid bugs, and because, i,M not the creator of the Pokémon or their nature. They're great the way they are! and they're are fully tradable with TGB DUAL as well! The only things I modifiy touching indirectly them are the TMS compatibility (when I create new TMS with new moves), since these are items in the first places... and the Pokémon attacks are updated up to Generation 7 positive changes as well.

I do hope this won't prevent you for trying my games, coz it's a completely new adventure filled with many surprises! (I don't want to spoil you too!)

Have fun! ;)

Is it OK if I borrow this as a base for my own hack. With credit of corse

Years
    • Seen today
    @TheClassyHerddIer

Afaik the only real option when making a Gen II ROM hack is using the decompilation projects. I don't think the creator posted his source code anywhere, so how do you expect to use this as a base?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    @TheClassyHerddIer

Afaik the only real option when making a Gen II ROM hack is using the decompilation projects. I don't think the creator posted his source code anywhere, so how do you expect to use this as a base?

What do you mean decompolation projects. Im new so sorry if it is obvious. There are tools to use

edit: im abel to open the romhack into a map editor.

Last edited:

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Is it OK if I borrow this as a base for my own hack. With credit of corse

What do you mean? Use New Gold Era to make a new game from it by you. Yes, you can, i dont see why i should say no... however, i just hope you'll make it different from it! ;) if you need more precision, just contact me by private message. ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Very nice! been looking for a way to play pokemon dpp on gsc, so this is a nice re- uhh demake?

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hi everyone,

I've made final corrections to Pokémon Gold Sinnoh. The main post at the top have been updated.

These changes includes movesets changes (to match closely to Sinnoh Gen 4), maps improvements, corrections of texts, addition of item traders, and up to 16 Pokémon trades.

These changes were truly necessary, and now, it's final for real! ;) I'm glad tio present it to you!

Have fun, and thanks for playing my game!

Ericgall23

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I hope it continue as demake project with full sinnoh pokemon in it.
    In the end great job for making this.!

Back