• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are people so boring on Battle Spot!

Xerney

Pokemon Game Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
Why are people so boring on battle spot trying to have fun with lc pokemon and people just ruin it its no fun

Xerney

Pokemon Game Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
most people i run into on battle spot are hackers and most of the time have max speed

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
most people i run into on battle spot are hackers and most of the time have max speed

It's because they EV train their Pokemon to be as strong and as fast as possible for sweepers and as bulky as possible for walls and tanks.

Xerney

Pokemon Game Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
but every single person i run into and every single one of there pokemon surely some of them are hacking there is no way

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
but every single person i run into and every single one of there pokemon surely some of them are hacking there is no way

There's no hacking going on, it's just a misunderstanding of game mechanics. If you haven't EV trained and/or using a not-so-beneficial nature, there is a high chance that the opponent will outspeed you or hit you very hard. Even after you've EV'd, have perfect IVs and nature and they're still outspeeding, that's because the opponents have a higher base speed stat than yours.

Xerney

Pokemon Game Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
its even worse in doubles i cant do crap everyone is so boring using the same pokemon with the same crappy movesets why cant people have fun use different mons or something everyone is so lame

Last edited:
Years
"There's no hacking going on" - Yeah, that's not true. Look at all the full shiny teams that run about. Marriland said he knows that most competitive players hack their Pokemon in some way (PKhex, RNG'ing, etcetera), and while he doesn't condone it, he said that he's basically gotten used to that fact (he doesn't do competitive battling anyway), unlike you-know-who.

And yeah, feels like everyone is using Landorus and Tapus, which kind of makes me glad I don't battle competitively myself.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
people using the same 'mons and same sets largely has to do with the fact that those common things are proven to be easily effective, and the majority of players not really having the skill to be able to make use of less conventional things, especially when not all 'mons are created equal and most battlers are more interested in winning (which is normal)

a fair bit of what's on Battle Spot is probably hacked, at least in the sense that they were not necessarily generated and obtained via 100% legitimate means. but almost all competitive battlers couldn't care less if the 'mon was genned or not, just so long as it's stats/moves/EVs/etc are ones that it is at least theoretically possible to have, regardless of how (incredibly) improbable it is. years of people SRing and breeding and catching shit (with these things being made easier over the years) makes full shiny teams and legendaries with the perfect IVs more and more probable, especially when you factor in cloning and WiFi trading

every case I've ever personally seen of "why did this situation happen, must be hacked" ultimately ending up where, after gaining more information about what happened, it was found that there was no hacking involved and that what happened was indeed possible

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
...Why are you even using a Little Cup team in Battle Spot? Just go to smogon/showdown if you want to enjoy Little Cup battles.

Last edited:
Back