• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed or FireRed v1.1?

Years
  • Okay, recently I've taken it upon myself to try and hack again (I've started awhile back in the summer, but stopped). I've always used ruby as I believed that was one of the best supported ROMs tool wise, but I learned the FireRed is almost just as easily hackable.

Therefore, I went to get a FireRed ROM but have came across two, FireRed and FireRed v1.1.

What's the difference between these two? Which one should I get/use? Thanks ahead of time.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • i dont think theres a big difference, i've downloaded both and both seem identical, it could be that v 1.1 has less bugs?

i decided to use v 1.1 to hack with.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I ve looked into this myself, and I haven't really found any difference. But you've got to think, if its Version 1.1, there obviously is must be some change, so just go with it. I sometimes wonder if the Rom messes up becuse of it. I wonder what version of Fire Red Zel uses? :)

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    fr fr1.1

Version 1.1 is a hack and people dont relise it

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Version 1.1 is a hack and people dont relise it

I don't really think thats ture, because most of the time, Roms have updated versions. Just like Pokemon Ruby rom has that one version with the M.U.G.s Intro.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • the MUGs intro is a hack.

I suppose I have FR 1.0 because I don't know which one I have.
    Someone gotta compare the roms internally. Windows commander can do that.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    1.1 is an updated version which fixed a glitch that wasn't reported much among the Pokemon Fansites.

There was some kind of glitch in the Boat Cutscene if I remember right.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I had the idea that some offsets for some stuff could be at other locations, thus making certain things not work. Well, I'm not really sure if that's the true, just what I was guessing, since I think some people tried to patch SG into a 1.1 and they apparently had problems...

In my case, I'm using the non-1.1, and I'm sure about it, since my FR rom is a really, really old one that I had since three or so years ago.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well, I had the idea that some offsets for some stuff could be at other locations, thus making certain things not work. Well, I'm not really sure if that's the true, just what I was guessing, since I think some people tried to patch SG into a 1.1 and they apparently had problems...

In my case, I'm using the non-1.1, and I'm sure about it, since my FR rom is a really, really old one that I had since three or so years ago.

That could be true, I haven't taken the time to compare the two Roms, so you may be right.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I remember one time with Game Shark, I enabled a cheat for 1.0 and the graphics were different and the music and sound effects were similar to that of Red and Blue. 1.1 is the only one i can find. I need 1.0 to play Oro Sole. so...

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    If I remember correctly, FireRed 1.0 came with a wireless adapter in the box while 1.1 did not.

Back