• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
  • OMG! Thanks for all the feedback you guys! I'm so excited! I really appreciate it all soooo much!

So, really quick:
    I don't think I want to enlarge the sprite much more than it is. This is a hummingbird pokemon and I want the sprite to give a sense of it's small size.

Also, the blade on the back of humsaw's head is NOT it's beak. It is simply an intimidation device the bird uses. But it is imparitive that humsaw has the blade on the back, and it's mouth up front...

The tounge thing... The fact that it ends in 1 pixel is extremely buggy. Also the pink under feathers look like they were just painted on, give it a little teture, and give the feet some more detail. (Or get rid of them, who says it needs to land?) It would also help if the blade was a more standard metal color.

The (tongue thing) probiscos (check spelling on that one) needs to be entirely revamped... I agree.

As for the pink tail feathers, i think i'm gonna shorten how far up the back they run, i think that will help give it a more feathery look... and the "belly" feathers will probably get a little work... but i don't want to over texture those... as the wings already hold so much texture.

and the feet... -_- i may make them larger...they seem to small lol ^^

It does have quite a bit of detail, especially in the wings. Let's take a look at example bird Pokemon.

GP's Art
    GP's Art

The wings don't have very much detail at all. This simple look is ideal for Pokemon.

Having the eyes larger/rounder would probably help. And also, perhaps making its beak the saw instead of having it on the back of its head would help your theme. Some slight changes in palette as well, like perhaps reversing the placement of yellow and pink, making the pink more of a red, and changing the yellow to more of a steel color.

I hope this helps. ^^

perhaps i will make two versions... one with the detailed wings, and one with a bit less detail... i think that may be part of why it doesn't look so pokemon-esque. I don't think the eye necessarily needs to be changed... since it isn't necessarily against pokemon style (kinda is chatot styled)

As for the color palette I will probably make the yellow more cream colored... but the pink, I think, I will try to make more metallic looking... I do like the lighter coloration on the wings... hence why i want to keep the yellow there...

The outline of Humsaw is quite pixelly and messy-for example, the pink think on the back of its head. I think it would be best if you stuck to one shade for the outline to keep it smooth and clean. The feet look rather lineless and are imperceptable, It would look nicer if you were to enlarge the feet and including outlines,heck I recommend you enlarge the whole sprite by a bit. You have plenty of work space so don't be afraid to use it.

I'm glad you're back though, keep spriting! (;

As for the feet, I am probably going to enlarge those. for sure.

I agree about the outline of the blade... looking at it now, it looks scrappy with all those tone changes... I'll probably go back and change that up!

Again, Thanks everyone for all your feedback! I appreciate it all! And remember;

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Thankyou Logiedan! So, after that near-death experience, I NEED to update my thread! So, expect new work coming in the next couple of weeks!

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • I really like your art thread as it shows a variety of work.
    Your most stunning work which left an impression on me is the pop art of the chicken, I think it's amazing considering you did this as pixel art.
    Your cars are also eye candy, as well as your house (although I'm looking forward for its completion, since it's not shaded and whatnot) as they are balanced and properly proportioned -- i congratulate you since I always have problems drawing cars as i don't align the lines properly and get a, uhhh...funky car. xD
    Out of your splices, my favourite piece is the Pegasus. I mean come on, they are awesome. ;p

Back