• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Peries Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    It's my first ever showcase. Fantasmic, isn't it? 83

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    ➙ I've been making graphics for a while, and I don't exactly know how many I've made, therefore #1 will be the most distant one I've made that's actually decent. XD
    ➙ Most, if not all of the brushes, textures, and the like used do not belong to me. There may be the odd one, but other than that.
    ➙ Steal and I'll hit you. You can use anything here as long as you tell me and credit me for it. If it was made on request, or something like that (which I'll indicate), then you won't be able to use it.

OMG REQUESTS *CLOSED RIGHT NOW*
    I'm not that great, but...

Now for the first time in like two years, I'm taking graphic requests. =D
    Of course, I have a couple of rules.

1. I will only take two requests at a time. I'm mainly taking requests for practicem annd between school and RPing, I only spend so much time on graphics a day. If the two waiting spots have been filled, please hold your request until after a spot is free. I will disregard your request if you post it after the two spots are filled.
    2. I'm not going to set a time limit since nobody will follow it anyways, but please try and use the banner for a few days at least.
    3. Use the form I have below, and BOLD everything I have bolded. Failing to do so will have me ignore your request.
    4. CREDIT ME. It's a given, really. I want credit somewhere in your sig. XD
    5. Do not edit the banners I make, please. If you need something changed, like a border, ask me.
    6. I will only take renders as images. you can find some good ones at Planet Renders, or you can just search the net.
    7. It could take me a day or two to fulfill your request, so please don't nag me about it. It'll be done when it's done. Also, wait a few days after requesting from me to request again.
    8. I apologize, but I will not be doing graphics with Pokemon in them, even though this is a Pokemon forum.

FORM
    Width x Height: (in pixels)
    Picture (s): (Preferably a render, since it'll look a lot better.)
    Text: (What's the word(s)? XD)
    Style: (If there's a particular style of mine that you've seen and would like to see replicated for your banner, just put the banner number here. However, I can't guarantee I can replicate it, so don't get your hopes up. XD)

Fear them there graphicals.

The Peries Showcase

Featuring promotional art from the upcoming anime Soul Eater, which I'm psyched for btw.

The Peries Showcase

After getting Super Smash Brothers Brawl, I was kind of pumped, so I made this. XD

The Peries Showcase

Nothing special here. Felt like being basic. The render is of Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Sumomo from Nanatsuiro Drops.

The Peries Showcase

This one features Hanako from Disgaea 2, and was made for my own use.

The Peries Showcase

Since Morkula wanted a new banner, and I was bored, I ended up making him this one starring Hitsugaya Toushiro from BLEACH.

The Peries Showcase

Yes, it's terribly glowy, isn't it? XD Made it for practice reasons. I have an avatar that matches if anyone wants to use this.

The Peries Showcase

In an attempt to learn smudging, I created this, which features Kurosaki Ichigo from BLEACH.

The Peries Showcase

This one features Eureka from Eureka seveN. Once again, I was just trying to practice smudging.

The Peries Showcase

Admitingly, I made this as a joke. It features Shana from Shakugan no Shana x Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The Peries Showcase

It's not that great, but I just used it to try out the grunge style. You can see Leon from Tales of Destiny in there somewhere. XD

The Peries Showcase

This is one of my favorites, and features Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.

The Peries Showcase

And finally, my most recent creation, featuring Lelouch and CC from Code Geass.​

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    2, 4, 20, 11, 12, 8 are all good. I don't really like the others.But you are great, Animadversion, Id like to use one of those : D (Not saying Id want one, even though I do XD)

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Wow animad these are great, no doubt you have talent. My favorites are 7, 5, 8, and 3. =] Really like the borders on them as well... ;D

I really like these banners, some seem a bit small though like 10.

Heck, i'd definitly request from you, if possible, one day... Keep it up and great work. ;D

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I loved 2, 6, and 9. 9 especially cause I LOVE how you did it. EMPTY SPACE FTW.
    They just stood out more than the others for me XD;

I never knew you were THIS good at graphics. NICE WORK -happy flail-

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I love your use of colours and how they make your banners stick out. :3

I can't really choose which are my favourites because I like them all. XD

So yeah, not much criticism here, keep up the good work. (b'')b

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12 were my favorites. I especially liked the style for 9. They were all seriously amazing. The only one I didn't like was 1, but that's just me. Keep up the good work, animad. ^^

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Wow, You have great talent, Im surprised you improve so fast, trust me, some people don't learn as quick as you ^^, 6, 11 and 12 are my Absolute favourites xDDD, i love your style, simple, but still you make banners with a great sense of depth, like #12, Keep up the EXCELLENT work ^^

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    9, 11 and 1 are my favs…I was wondering where I heard soul eater from, guess it was from you xD.
    Your type looks sweet except for 2, 3, 6 and 12… they'd work better as just images…

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. :'D

6 is the best though.I want to know how you got the cubes >< I wanna use it ><

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I think 9 and 11 would have to be my favourites. Though I'm still liking number 7, as well xP

I like how there's a varying style, and you're not really sticking to making the same kind of banner the same time. I mean, all of them are different in some way from each other, which is a good thing ^^ The smudging needs a bit of work though, but that is a pretty hard thing to get right, sort of. These are all still pretty good. Keep it up, yo.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    Sorry, seems a bad place to post this, but why am I a Moderator? Everyone is LOL!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yeah, this is a bad place to post that question. xD

Go to the Community Questions & Feedback for your answer, and please refrain from spamming.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Wow animad these are great, no doubt you have talent. My favorites are 7, 5, 8, and 3. =] Really like the borders on them as well... ;D

I really like these banners, some seem a bit small though like 10.

Heck, i'd definitly request from you, if possible, one day... Keep it up and great work. ;D

Really, they're small because I find smaller banners look better than larger ones. I'll take 400x150 over 500x300 any day. XD

Unfortunately, I can't see myself doing requests anytime soon. I'm still not confident in my abilities to stay consistent with my work. Maybe in a few months or so when I get better.

munna said:
    Your type looks sweet except for 2, 3, 6 and 12… they'd work better as just images…
    I... don't quite get what you're saying. oo;

Shiranui said:
    The smudging needs a bit of work though, but that is a pretty hard thing to get right, sort of. These are all still pretty good. Keep it up, yo.
    It's hard to get right for me. I'll need to play around with settings for a while until I can find a smudging style that works for me, in the very least.

The Peries Showcase

Not particularly creative, but I figured it would work for SotW. XD

The Peries Showcase

Made just for screwing around again. The fonts are bad, the render is too large, I know, I know. XD

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Some of these feature unnecessary text, which is hard to get past. However, they still look nice due to your high regard for blending, which is of course a vital element. For specifics...

The Peries Showcase

I would suggest that when working with anime stocks, you use hard smudging instead of soft smudging. Because anime stocks are always either cel rendered or unshaded, the applications used in front of, behind, or upon said stock should match. You'll want solid shapes rather than different tones of white, pink, blue, grey, and so on. Especially in this example, the smudging does not seem to match the dark stuff in the background and the scanlines. Though in shape they fit perfectly together, color and shading are rather sketchy.

The Peries Showcase

Personally, I believe you overdid this a bit. Tone it down and give the viewer more negative space as to produce more of a focal point.

The Peries Showcase

Conceptually, this is great. However, your execution could have been pulled off better. I don't personally believe it matters what you used to produce the paint splatters, but I believe you should definitely sharpen the individual splatters. They are far too anti-aliased for the text, stock, and black/grey bar in the upper left corner. Also, I think you should create a new layer and create a gradient of very light tan to white going respectively linear from top left to bottom right corners. Set the layer to either lighten or screen, and it will not only keep the image from looking barren, but also give the piece dynamics such as depth, flow, and many other subtleties.

Good job, all in all, though.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I meant those banners would look better without text.

The Peries Showcase

That image was just to check if my eyes were deceiving me…It doesn't help with the fact that in white negative space things look more spread out than compared to in black negative space.

14 looks OK… text looks pixelly, and the left doesn't seem to match the atmosphere as the right…because the transition from 3d to 2d doesn't sit well…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back