• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[poll] Inter-Board Tournament Idea

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
Years
An idea that Goofball and I worked out (goof's idea :X), and it's...

Interboard Tourney!

Battle between the boards to determine the forum with the best battling crew amongst them all!

Basically, what we're thinking is this:

We will try to involve 3 boards. (If you know a board that is of similar calibur but not listed, please post here).

Serebii.net Forums
Pokecommunity.com Forums
Pokemonelite2000 Forums

Note: Nothing is set in stone yet, I'm just gauging interest right now. Any comments on the format and such CAN be commented on, and if you do have a comment PLEASE post.

Battling Medium
For this tournament, it is preferred that NETBATTLE (www.netbattle.net) is used instead of RSbot, because of its simplicity.

Teams
Each Forum will send a team of 5 members, one of whom will be Team Captain, who will delagate his members in the battles. (Basically naming which 202 person is #1 and #2, and same for 386)

The Team will be composed of the following:
- 1 person to battle GSC
- 2 people to battle RS 202 (RS only)
- 2 people to battle RS 386 (RS with FR/LG addons)

Format
Team Things (Not final)
GSC: Standard uber ban (Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh), slp clause, OHKO ban, Legends Clause (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Curselax, Hypnosis Misdreavus, Growth Eeveelution, Celebi are defined as Legends)

RS 202: Sleep clause, standard uber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew), OHKO ban, Wobbuffet Ban, Legends clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew are defined as Legends)

RS 303: Sleep clause, standard uber ban (Kyogre, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s with Soul Dew, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh), OHKO ban, Wobbuffet Ban, Legends Clause (Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s without Soul Dew, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi)

Note:
Ban = Cannot be used
Clause = Only 1 of the following may be used on your team.

Round Robin
Each team will battle the other 2 teams once, matchups will be determined by the way the team leader delagates his members. (of course, the GSC players will be battling each other, the 202s battling each other, and the 386s battling each other).

In round 1, each group would have battled 10 times. The 2 teams with the most wins will advance. In case of a Tie, the team with less pokemon KO'd by the opponent will advance. (eg: for 2nd spot, both PC and PE2K has 4 wins each, but PC's wins are 2-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 while Pe2K had 6-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0. That means PE2K wins on less KOs, totalling 15 pokemon alive in the 4 wins compared to PC's 8)

Round 2 will obviously be the final, where the 2 teams will battle each other. The team with the most wins in the end will win the tournament.

Prize: Bragging rights and uh, yeah. A cookie maybe.

So, if you will be interested in participating, or just have a comment or question, please post in this thread and I will try to answer it!

~ m.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
*cough cough* x_x;

I'll... stay out of this to save myself from all necessary humiliation from joining this team. Also it's due to the fact that I don't want to use OU (but we all know that OU is a lot more likely to win) yet I don't want to see my poor Yanma getting thrashed in an ugly OHKO style by evil Gengars x_x;

Mana Lugia

Years
Err, Frosty, I was kinda hoping you'd support this project ._. Besides, if you're losing with UU, there's uh, no humiliation in that. As well, the reason I chose Pe2K, PC and Serebii is because I found their skill level at pokemon to be rather similar to one another, it's not like I'm asking Netbattle's forums and gamefaqs to beat down on one forum :o

Anyways, if you don't like RS, you can always GSC. I'm pretty sure GSC players are on steady decline (hence the only 1 GSC player needed >_>)

(please support this project :o)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
You should use RSbot. That might weed out all the hyper beam Mewtwo users. ;x
I think a OHKO ban is kinda lame, yes it doesn't take skill but neither does skarmbliss, Snorlax, calmcune, or calmkou, and those are guaranteed pains in the rears. OHKOs are only 30% Oh well.
But yeah, if you can get enough willing people from PC, I'd love to see em compete. ^_^ Maybe Serebii's members will use those 1337 movesets! *gets kicked* Ouch, okay okay… >.>

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
well just because I'm not personally the most thrilled, that doesn't mean I'm not supporting the event ^_^; I'll go sticky this, and post it out in GSC and RS forum. Maybe the others will be interested as well?

@ Kairi

-actually their movesets have gotton much better. Just that they like salac berry on absolutely everything >>; along with jolly

-plus this is afterall decided within forums... so pretty much we choose who to send in PC's name. We can easily host eliminatory rounds or something (if we're taking this seriously) to wipe out Hyper beam spammers within PC, only to send the better players ;p

Personally I just want to go in to face whoever did the movesets for PotD in serebii.net... I want to face that jolly Sudowoodo XD

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I think he means he wants you on the team, that would be the best way to support it no? ^_^
You could always do 202 if you don't wanna deal with Gengar and Blissey and whatnot.
Yeah I know, I was just teasing him cause everyone always says NB is full of those people, and RSbot is magically not.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
understandable... RSBot is so hard to use x_x; If it is on RSBot, I won't join even if I wanted to, because I just can't use it x_x; So I'll say that it's still going to be on NB.

You shouldn't worry about Hyperbeaming Mewtwo and shockwaving Raikous. Like I said, the forum chooses who to go to represent them... it's not like they're sending some weird 17 year old geek from Kansas as the representative of USA in the 100m race for the upcoming Olympics ;p

Mana Lugia

Years
>_>

Yes, tease the poor panda :'(

Anyways, regarding concerns:

OHKO: will look into it, but then again, it's still more skilled to use blisskarm than to win with 6 OHKOs... (My 2nd battle on GSbot ended in a 6-0 within 10 turns cuz the starter was a fishtauros >_>) Again, rules aren't final, will prolly change

Participation: Well, if 5 ppl per forum is too much to ask, maybe 3 :o tho that'd be like a pretty small tourney O_o

RSbot: Since quite a few RSbotters HAVe moved to Netbattle because Netbattle is a lot easier to use, at least RS wise, I think putting it on Netbattle would be a better choice, especially since most of the new online battlers are Netbattle users...

Frosty: Yes, Kairi's right again about me wanting you to participate (heck, I was thinking maybe you can be PC's captain)

Also, hi PC :x Long time no post (I still read threads, just don't really have a reason to post)

And I hope the other forums reply with enthusiasm too :x

edit: And Frosty, Kairi: Get on Netbattle when I'm on (once in a blue moon :o) so we can chall cup +_+

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well... I'll... see. Another important thing is time because I'm busy on few of the upcoming days due to getting braces (NOOOO!!!!) and school registration (AHHH!!!!). For me, I think that I'll have more fun from simply choosing who to attend on the teams ;p Making myself sounding so official sounds so fun... feel the absolute power! *evil laugh*

how about let's try to set this in stone before choosing captains and whatever?

-as for OHKO, it's a lot weaker than GSC... due to the lack of fish(blank) now, you can't possibly rely on OHKO that much. Or perhaps you can say only one OHKO move per team or something if you're worried about fishtauros and fishlapras.

-I don't think that throwing out legendary clause on every legendary is exactly that good of an idea.. for example: Entei, Moltres and Articuno are certainly a lot less threatening than Suicune, Zapdos and Raikou. Jirachi is a lot weaker than Celebi, and so on.

-if testing skill is the thing, you can also throw in a couple of special rules for the heavy-OUs. For example, you can say "you cannot have Gengar, Skarmory, Blissey and Aerodactyl on the same team, and at most only 2 of those 4" or some special exceptions like that.

-though all experienced players know that this sucks, but no 2vs2 category? Some players maybe interested in 2vs2 battling (though it sucks because it's all about speed sweeping)

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Oh, that's just my personal opinion on OHKO bans. o.o; Not really expecting it to influence the rules. Like the RSbot thing, was more of a fun poke at NB than a serious suggestion. I'm sure we could get 5 without too much trouble. Don't be looking for me on it though. ^_^; But I second the idea of frosty captaining PC's team!

And I've seen on you like…once. ._.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
*cough cough* who are you to give idea if you aren't even going to be in it? ;p Plus you as one of the staff who is highest along the PC hiearchy ladder are not going to participate? Aww... guess we will be seeing no T-tar thrashing everything in sight this time huh? ;p

I haven't netbattled for... a month now. O.o; Probably rusted so much that I'll lose even more than my previous 48% losing rate.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
I wouldn't mind...although I feel freaked out that I might have to represent PC and then get killed instantly..humiliating. Whatever the case, I'd rather use NetBattle. I can't figure how to work RSBot. I somehow got 5 Blisseys on my team when I used RSBot. *runs away*

Mana Lugia

Years
Well, Frosty:

OHKO: the OHKO ban was pretty much brought over from GSC. The alternative would have been 1 OHKO per team but No recovery attacks on the same pokemon, but that's kinda messy.

Legendary Clause: True, but quite honestly, would you be picking someone to rep PC if his/her team is like the 3 birds and the 3 regis together?

and Kairi:
2vs2: It was under consideration, but then we'd have to add in a spot for 2 vs 2 RS and 2 vs 2 FRLG, making it 7 a forum. The alternative would be to take out one from the 202 and 386 slots, keeping it at 5, but considering most ppl prefer to 202 and 386 instead of 2v2, that'd make competing for spots kinda... messy.

Again, all suggestions are still under consideration, I'll talk to some more ppl about those ideas before something final crops up. And wish me luck getting the same activity out of Serebii's forums >_>

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
lol... went to SPPF and of course, no replies XD;;

then again, for PC it's almost only Kairi and I who are replying to you anyway ;x But give PC a few days to see the total effect.

*forgot to post about this in FRLG and shall go do so right now*

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
Years
ummm.............................. I'm not too bad..................................... just a thought. I have like a 70% or 67% record or something.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
I'd be interersted in this, but I'd like to make a suggestion for this:

Item Clause - People would have to use a different held item for each Pokemon. This would remove the obvious Leftovers abuse and reduce the speed of the games (because if you do it right, your lefties can heal your team to full).

Bear in mind my record on NB is about 50-60%, but that's because most of my teams are UU or contain over half UU Pokemon. I know I've missed out on several years of player v player competitive battling, but I still have quite a few strategies up my sleeve.

Anyway, I'm definately interested, so give us a shout when you know what's happening.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Personally I think its a bad idea as from experience I can tell you that Netbattle and RSBot etc. arent programmed correctly

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
err... exactly just how is NB flawed by the way? O.o; I dunno about RSBot, but with the current version, Netbattle is close to flawless...

Back