• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 'New Xbox Experience'

Counterfeit

Rely on me to let you down.
Years
  • So I just installed the NXE update for my Xbox 360 and may I say that everything looks a lot prettier.

No more clunky blades! ^^

I spent a while making my avatar look just as ugly as me, there's quite a lot of choice in the facial features bit, but they are lacking in the clothes department. :/

Anyway, Have you updated? What do you think of it?
    And if not, then what are your reasons?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Yeah, first thing I thought was "Mii!" but it's ok. The whole interface is really sleek and easy to use and the party system was actually pretty handy. My friends and I had fun making ridiculous looking avatars.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm updating the moment I get home, if it isn't updated already. I e-mailed my brother to ask him to get it going but I don't know how often he checks that. XD; I'm really excited for this for a number of reasons. Miis are pretty fun and these avatars actually look better so... I've been looking forward to them for months, haha.

Plus I've always disliked the blade dashboard; I'm really happy its getting a much needed overhaul. :D Can't wait to try it out in a few hours. ♥

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I love it so far. XD My avatar looks just like me, it's funny. I'm having fun just creating the avatar. :x

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Yeah, that is one complaint I had. I don't really like the shirt I'm wearing, but they don't have any hoodies that look like mine (only one hoodie altogether) and that one looks lame and girlie. ;;

So, I've got some white shirt and worn-out jeans. XD;

Erica, I don't see yours up yet.

Nevermind, lolol:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haven't updated yet, simply because my 360 happened to experience a hardware failure recently, so I won't be installing it for at least another couple of weeks, though judging by this thread, it sounds pretty cool. Guess I should ship off my console asap.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Whoo. Finally got my guy up. XD; Here he is. :x I say it's a pretty good representation.

Spoiler:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I just went to Xbox.com and you can get them there. You have to sign in with your XBL account info though.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I haven't updated yet, but I have to say that I'm sad to see the blade-style go D: I really liked it, and found it really easy/efficient to use. That doesn't mean I don't look forward to the change,though the presence of Mii like avatars is slightly annoying, considering how boring I found them on the Wii.

And wow that post came out very incoherently x_x

Cherrim

Years
  • What's the "party" feature like, guys? :( Anyone tried it out? My gold expired the other week and I'm waiting till the end of the month to renew for a month so I can't do it yet.
    I haven't updated yet, but I have to say that I'm sad to see the blade-style go D: I really liked it, and found it really easy/efficient to use. That doesn't mean I don't look forward to the change,though the presence of Mii like avatars is slightly annoying, considering how boring I found them on the Wii.

And wow that post came out very incoherently x_x
    Honestly, update. This one takes a bit to get used to, but when you press the xbox button (or whatever the hell the big middle button is >:O), what pops up is like a mini blades system. It's so much better.

Also avatars are fuuun. xD They're MUCH more customizable than they are on the Wii. (Figures, one of the main things Nintendo was pushing with the Wii ends up better on the 360, ahaha.) Clothes are kind of ehh but otherwise? They're cute. :3

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I don't have XBL, my brother does though. So after he updated he also create mii… I mean me.
    1 2
    There is no stubble option, and the beard just looks weird. xD
    Apparently it looks like me,but only the eyes an mouth. xD

Years
  • I'm pleased with NXE, it runs a lot smoother and there's not a whole lot of unnecessary wait as the blade interface had.
    I don't see why people are getting riled up by the avatars. Sure it isn't the most original feature ever, but they aren't bad.

Clothes are kind of ehh but otherwise? They're cute. :3
    Microsoft has already announced that they plan to double the clothing collection within the next few months.
    The avatar description itself also states that new clothes will be available every two weeks.

Cherrim

Years
  • Microsoft has already announced that they plan to double the clothing collection within the next few months.
    The avatar description itself also states that new clothes will be available every two weeks.
    Oh, I did read something on that but I assumed it would be paid content. :/

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, so long as the free clothing isn't that bad, I have no real complaints. I'm just glad there ARE clothes, unlike Miis. xD;

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Just uploaded mine - created it yesterday

Just one point I'd like to make - I'm glad that they have ginger hair, unlike the Mii's. I should sue for discrimination...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    So far I really, really like it. It seems very clean and smooth, unlike before. The party system has to be one of the best features in my eyes, though.

Back