• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DENN - ecotage, political turbulence, sightseeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years

Alright! After months of deliberation, here is my game idea in roleplay format. This is my first time creating an actual organized roleplay, so please bear with me if I am not the best GM. Anyhow, this is supposed to be a rather open-ended RP, so I won't be restricting your actions too much...onto the plot. Non-vital info is in spoiler tags. I recommend you at least skim over it, though.

This story takes place on the tiny island nation of Denn.

Spoiler:

* Map subject to change. Gah, I've redrawn it so many times.

Overview

Spoiler:

I guess it's a little bit like Cuba. To tell the truth, the economic, social, and political background of the roleplay is largely based on my Latin American course.

Ecology

Spoiler:

Throughout the roleplay you may have some run-ins with the best-organized ecoterrorist group, Team Green. Depending on your actions, they may be your enemies or your allies. (Their Pokemon's levels aren't scaled to match yours, so be cautious.)

Government

Spoiler:

Actual Plot

My character, Samantha, has just graduated from high-school. She's at her country house, enjoying her relative freedom, when she recieves an unexpected phone call from her older brother Alexander, unexpected because he hasn't sent word since he entered university in one of the big cities. It turns out he's in jail for political agitation - the charges are false, he says - and he needs his sister's help. She has to fetch some letters from a friend in a nearby town and bring them to Denn's capital to help clear his name. And Samantha takes off. She grabs the Pokemon her brother left at home for protection and sets off on a journey across Denn. The route seems direct, at first, but things aren't that easy...

When the roleplay starts, Samantha is looking for a cab in a town at the edge of the Deep Dark Forest. That wasn't the plan, but an important route that leads across the farmland to the capital is flooded, so she has to go through the forest, as do a lot of other travellers. However, the Deep Dark Forest is incredibly dangerous - it's like Tolkien's Mirkwood meets the Deepwoods, remixed Pokemon style - so it's wise to travel in groups. (I'll give you more info about the forest later.) A cab is the best idea. No, not a motor car: the path is too narrow and bumpy for that. It's an old-fashioned carriage drawn by a pair of Rapidash. I bet you can guess what will happen to those Rapidash.

Your character will meet mine at the...er, carriage house, loading point, whatever. They'll decide to go together to cut costs and maximize safety. And - the story begins!

Rules

1. No 'bunnying', 'godmodding', etc. Basic RP rules.
    2. Commit to the roleplay! Be active and please give notice if you must leave.
    3. To keep the roleplay reasonably clean, please *** out swear words and avoid graphic sex scenes. Not that I will be giving you an opportunity for the latter.
    4. I'm going to be much more choosy with the sign-ups than most people are. Some of the the things you should keep in mind:
    a) No Mary-Sues. If you aren't sure whether your character is one, try the Universal Mary-Sue Litmus Test.
    b) No orphans (related to above point). If your character doesn't have at least one living parent as a guardian they're if under the age of 18, no sign-up for you.
    c) Use proper spelling and grammar in BOTH your sign-up and your roleplay posts.
    5. As the GM, I will control major NPCs, but description of setting will be left to you. That means you can do a lot with the direction of the roleplay. But please don't forget about the setting! Give your descriptions some local colour. I gave you heaps of background on Denn. (I can write more...) Use that as a starting point.
    6. I may ask you for a roleplay sample for whatever reason.
    7. I reserve the right to decline your sign up if you don't follow the rules or if I feel your writing isn't up to par.

Sign-Ups

Name: Nothing too wierd, please.
    Age: 15-45 (if under 18, please explain why you are wandering around without guardians, and 'I live in the forest and eat berries' is not a good explanation)
    Personality: Shoot for at least 150 words. Please consider that, as your character is meant to be travelling with mine, an overly intimidating/psychotic character is a bad choice. Samantha is delicate.
    Appearance: Shoot for at least 100 words. No photos/anime portraits.
    History: At least 150 words, more preferred. Please don't copy and paste from your other sign-ups. Remember that this roleplay takes place in Denn, and Denn isn't a stock Pokemon region. The more plot-specific your character's history is, the better. If you need city names, make them up. (I'll be making names up as I go.)

If you have some trouble figuring out why your character needs to get through the Deep Dark Forest, I have some suggestions (thanks to Alter Ego for a few). You:
    - have a friend or family member also imprisoned for political agitation
    - are seeking to overthrow the goverment (you won't want to be really vocal about this)
    - are a follower of an important political figure who has been imprisoned
    - are an ecoterrorist just doing whatever
    - are a peacefully protesting hippie (Denn has a few of those)
    - are a trainer collecting badges
    - are running away from home
    - are running from the law (again, you'll want an alibi)
    - are visiting a friend's wedding / totally random and entirely unrelated history

Pokemon: Your choice from 0 to 6. No legendaries. Please list their levels and a few moves (I won't limit you to four). To keep the roleplay as realistic as possible, keep in mind that Pokemon need food, and big, strong Pokemon need a lot of it. Travelling with six larger-than-human-sized Pokemon is going to seriously drain your resources. A handful of dog-sized Pokemon is more plausible. Either way, if travelling with Pokemon, your bag needs to contain lots of PokeChow.
    What you are travelling with: I just want to keep track of who's got what items. No real limits to hammerspace, though. You know, somewhere down the road: *Max whips out Absolute Antidote from the bottom of his pack to save Lisa's life in the knick of time* I don't have any problems with that.

Fire away!

Last edited:

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    This is my first sign up for pokémon RP, but I've RP'd before in other fandoms. I hope this is okay!

Name:
    Riley Forrester

Personality: Riley is one of those people who you can never tell how they are thinking; she appears fairly closed off, but will often step up and make the first move when it comes to new people, especially if they seem nervous or shy. She'll do her best to make people feel at ease around her and tries to keep her mood constant to help maintain group morale, particularly among younger people.

However, she's often just pretending to be cheerful, and can be upset by unkind words that most other people would find funny or brush off like nothing. When it comes to deciding things she can be ditzy and indecisive, but will put her foot down and make descisions when it's necessary.

She makes friends easily and trusts people far too readily, often to the detriment of her own well-being, but she is also stubborn and will hold a grudge for a long time. She is very prone to being taken advantage of, and can often find herself doing extra work to make up for what others have lumped on her.

Riley is a very gentle, laid-back person who will often go out of her way to make people feel more at ease, though she has to watch herself to ensure she's not being taken advantage of.

Appearance: Riley is very tall, around 5 foot 9, and her height hides a little excess puppy fat around her middle. She likes to wear her chestnut-brown hair in a tight ponytail with a side fringe parted to the right clipped in place by a small pink kirby grip. She's very lightly tanned, and her general complexion is very freckly but she has a few scars on her face from when she had chicken pox as a child. Her eyes are a dark brown colour, and she always has to apply mascara to prevent her fine eyelashes from disappearing in the right light.

She has a smattering of scars across her face from chicken pox, and this also affected her left shoulder which is very pitted from the scars. She has a tiny pawprint tattoo on her right thumb and a tiny red and white pokéball on her left thumb to match up with her first pokémon.

Riley's clothes are all fairly standard and boring; blue jeans and t-shirts in a multitude of colours, often with a pokémon printed on them just to be quirky and different. She wears a necklace her Grandmother left her, which is silver and has an Arceus carved onto the front, and she wears a bracelet given to her for a Christening gift when she was a baby (because she can't get it off!) She does have pierced ears, but only really wears plain silver studs in them because she doesn't like pulling the earrings out to change them.

History: Riley had a fairly ordinary childhood; she went to Trainer School and learnt to read and write, and when she reached 8 years old, her Father gave her her first pokémon - a Growlithe, who had just hatched out of his egg. Once she had recieved him, she began to learn how to battle and train him into the best Growlithe he could be before she took on a local league to test out her skills when she was 11. As a prize, she won her second pokémon - an Eevee.

With these two pokémon, her family took her to Kanto to try against the Gyms there. She had limited success, but she did discover a passion for caring for pokémon rather than battling them. So she began studying back home in Denn about how pokémon live, about their behaviour and about their history that science has found.

When she was old enough, she did a long-distance degree in Pokémon Classic History and passed. Once this was completed, she evolved Growlithe and Eevee into Arcanine and Umbreon, and she began to write books about what she had found from research.

During this research, she started to see holes in the way that the government was ruling the tiny island; though from the outside, things appeared normal, her research lead her to seeing the cracks in the system and the problems this would cause in the future. She tried to think of a way to solve this problem, to help the people out of the crisis that could be coming, but was sadly prevented from completing this when her father was arrested for campaigning against the government.

Her Mother was too frail from a bad kidney infection to travel to free the man of the household, so Riley had taken it upon herself to go to the prison and free her father. She set out with Arcanine, Umbreon and her mother's Seadra and started to prepare to travel through Deep Dark Forest, providing she can find someone to travel with...

Pokemon: Arcanine ('Bunsen'), Umbreon ('Flash') and her mother's Seadra ('Shingle') She doesn't call them by their nicknames often, but I thought I'd include them.

What you are travelling with: In her rucksack, she carries her three pokéballs, a cellular phone, a pocket full of potions 'just in case', a few changes of clothes, a small locked box which contains some of her father's belongings in case she does free him, a lucky amulet her mother made her bring, a small hunting knife and a fleecy blanket.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Lols, I had nearly given this roleplay up for good.

Fantastic sign-up, Celuthea! You're in. Curiously, I was also going to use the 'sickly mother' excuse if it came up. An amulet, hm? I wonder how effective it will turn out to be.

I'll start writing my sign-up as soon as I finish my Chem homework, which is resisting all efforts at getting it over with. >_>

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Oi, I read the begging of this in the lounge, I was wondering when you would start it. I wonder how I missed it. Oh wells, I signed-up now.

Name:
    Celeste (che-LE-ste) Ciro (CHEE-ro) Santino (pronounced how it looks)
    Personality:(Oooh, bad choice, :D read on to see what I mean) Celeste is a gentle soul. He really wishes no one harm, but sometimes just can't help himself. He has extreme psychotic(Oh noes! Duck and Samantha! :3) issues. Mood swings are among the most common with him, another is that he is a tad bit too violent. When he was little he got tested, and a doctor said that he was born with two Y chromosomes, which leads to an extremely dangerous person. However, that was just one; many others just said that he bi-polar and had some serious anger issues. Because of all this rage, he has become anti-social; hiding in the forest not wishing to harm anyone. The forest has grown on him, and he lives will all its Pokémon inhabitants. Often, he will be tending to sick Pokémon and helping those in need. Not many have decided to stay with him and be his permanent companions, only one. That is the only living being he will never harm no matter what. No matter how angry he gets, that Pokémon will never ever be harmed. There once was a huge empty space in his heart, but it is now filled, with hate and anger towards himself plus a little regret. He wonders why he did what he did.

The occasional passerby will see him. He offers wisdom to them, "I wasted sixteen years of my life running from the inevitable. I committed a terrible crime, and even more horrible sin. I will continue to run to the ends of the earth when I must. Don't waste your life running, embrace that, that scares you. It will definitely pay off in the end. Don't try to to escape what is meant to happen, it will happened no matter what. I may able to escape my pursers, but I will end a fate worse than they can ever give me, I will face eternal damnation for my crimes. Nothing will change that. As a closing, don't run, embrace your fears so that you have nothing to be afraid of." Most listen, with just a few ignoring him.

Appearance:
    Tall and slender in frame. A look of pain and regret forever painted on his face. He looks just like any other crazed wild man wood. Dirty, unkempt, shaggy brown hair rests carelessly atop his head. A short, scraggly beard hangs down from his chin, it is rough and feels like sandpaper. White, bloodshot eyes seem to pierce deep down to the soul, and intimidate many. Many bags sit beneath his eyes for the little sleep he gets, he must always be on alert for the police. Many wrinkles adorn his face, they are worry wrinkles, and wrinkles that come from tedious tasks. His clothes are weather-worn and torn. They are the same clothes he got when he entered prison, a white undershirt and gray jumpsuit, with his criminal number, CA499556 sewn to his his right arm, right above his bicep. Heavy, dark brown, leather boots are his shoes and despite all the wear and tear of his other clothes they seem to be just a little used.

History: Celeste lived in a huge metropolis city of Hollygrove. It was split into to main parts, relating to social classes: Old Hollygrove and New Hollygrove. The middle class citizens could live in either. Celeste was a middle class family living in the much more protected half, New Hollygrove. Most of his time, however, was spent in the lower half, Old Hollygrove; the lower half was a bit more dangerous. He got involved with a gang, and that only made a turn for the worse. He was just tearing through everyone else, beating up anyone and everyone who got in his way. Upon returning home one night, he met a very angry mother and father. They were so angry, that they had struck him. That was just not ok with Celeste who was fourteen at the time. So, he ditched and lived in the sewers.

Still, he continued his rampage and became a feared vigilante in the town. He lived in the sewers until he was twenty, that is when he finally needed to fight something stronger. The sewers had many secret compartments, good for hiding in and escaping his pursuers or attacking them from behind; one room had light, that is were he spent most of his time in the sewer, it was his room, and had the least stench in it due to it's distance away from everything else. The light was a small lantern he had put in himself; a lot of his time, however, was spent on the surface, usually only returning to his sewer home when some rival gang was looking for him. He marched straight up to an officer and gave him one good one, then another, then a lot of rapid punches. It took five cops to drag Celeste away. He was then arrested and retained for attempted murder. With a crude prison shank he killed a guard and escaped prison. With no where else to go he ran. The next city was filled with people searching for him, it was no good; neither was the next, filled with wanted posters and cops. For eleven years he had been on the run, until he settled in the far off forest known as the "Deep Dark Forest" where he lived for another five years and became a man of the wild. During that time he found his true purpose. He began to aid the forest Pokémon in need of assitance. Only one, he was able to befriend, a lost zangoose named Ares. The zangoose was not only lost in the forest, but lost in his mind and his soul. He turned to Celeste for guidance. He met Ares his third year there, it is a wonder he survived two. Now, he has noticed a lot of extra cop activity. It isn't safe for him to stay in the forest, and he can't make it out on foot, he would get noticed, and wouldn't be able to get away. Maybe.. just maybe.. if he blended in with a group of travelers and took a cab he would be able to get out, just maybe.

Pokemon:

Ares(Male)
    Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokémon
    Moves:Just to name a few:
    Crush Claw, Close Combat,
    Slash, X-scissor, Quick attack
    Brief Appearance: Like many zangoose, he is red and white. He appears to be very battle turn like the large slash across his right eye, and the small nibble in his left ear. With a body built for psychical activity, it is well fit and conditioned.
    Brief Personality/History: A loner, just like Celeste. They are two peas in a pods. They only trust each other. He means good and thinks the feud against seviper is silly. He just wanted it all to end, but the seviper and other zangoose thought otherwise. Although he is still welcomed at the camp, he strays away from it because he dislikes to fight for no reason and knows that he must if he stays with them.

What you are travelling with: Next to nothing. Some homemade root potions that are of low quality and heal some wounds and two root antidotes.

Tell me if anything needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Rikoto Ryuu

So he's Japanese, or what?

They were so angry, that they had struck him. That was just not ok with Rikoto who was fourteen at the time.

Bweh heh heh heh. I guess little Rikoto never got spanked when he was little. See, that's what happens when your parents don't discipline you.

He lived in the sewers until he was twenty...

Sewers, huh. Have you ever been in a sewer? I know I haven't, but I imagine it would be really damp, really smelly, and pitch black. Worse than living in a trench, and the soldiers in WWI had plenty to complain about.

I don't have any issues with your character's history, actually, but I am wondering why he is standing outside of the DDF and looking for a cab. After all, he lives in the forest. He can get around on foot, right? And what's his motivation for travelling through it?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I explained some stuff in my history, and I chancged my name because (like always) I didn't really end up liking it.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Terribly sorry for the silence. I spent nearly a week writing my sign-up - no lie. It's been added to my first post. (If anyone wants to complain about it, now's your chance.) I'm back on track now.

Secret compartments in the sewers... -grumble- Okay, your character's motivation is fine. You're in. :3 It really depends on how he acts when the crucial question comes up: "Do we want to travel with this crazy-looking dude? Is he dangerous?" By the way, will the two Y-chromosome thing ever come up? As I remember, that sort of genetic doohickey leads to a whole range of problems, the main being sterility.

Tomorrow: a more detailed look at the Deep Dark Forest, and my intro. I hope.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    By the way, will the two Y-chromosome thing ever come up?
    Probably not, I just threw it in for fun. Remember, that was only one person's opinion whilst many others said he just had anger issues. Oh, and the room isn't really secretive, more of an area really deep in that wasn't near the rest of the sewer.

Last edited:

PikaPikachu

Great White Whale
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Sebastian O'Brien
    Appearance: At first glance Sebastian looks as if he's still in grade school. With shoes he just tops off at 5'. However despite this kiddish-stature, he is very strong-willed. He has curly medium-lengthed burnt orange hair which just drops to his eyebrows. His eyes also show peek on his inside. His eyes share different colors. His right being a deep ocean blue, while is right being a fire red. For the most part Sebastian tries to stay calm yet if tipped over the edge he wont stop until his wants are meet and he'll do whatever it takes. His face is set-off with a set of freckles under his eyes which are accompanied by the ones that cover his arms and legs.

Sebastian usually carries a scruffy look with him. His face is always showing a little more than a 5 O'Clock shadow. He usually is seen wearing his lucky t-shirt, a ratty black shirt with paint spills along the bottom and on the right sleeve. His usually jeans are a pair with holes just below the right knee and left pocket, while the left back is missing. He also has a old-worn out pair of shoes, they are on the breaking point around the toes as the steps draw closer.

History: Sebastian was always seen as an outcast, both in school and at his house. Both his father and older brother, Murray, went to become pretty well accomplished trainers. His school life would make it even harder for him in his house. As a boy who kept to himself he was always the bud of the school kids' jokes. This wouldn't help his grades and in turn would end in harsh punishment at home.

Just over a year ago, Sebastian ran away from home, fed up with the shame he brought upon his family. However with recent news of his father's arrest in Denn. Seeing as a chance to redeem himself his takes the chance.

Personality: Usually one that keeps to himself, he is very open at first. His close friends at school said he was always a jokester and also a good friend who was always there for you. However his bad side is very violent. Once he took on 4 kids in a fight because they stole his Snack Pack in lunch. He doesn't like to be picked on and wants to be accpeted as himself.

Pokemon:

Jackal, male Growlithe, lv. 10
    Jackal was also seen as outsider. Sebastian found him shortly after he ran away. Jackal's face was badly beaten and he could bearly walk. His face was left with a scar over his right eye. However, in dire need of a companion, Sebastian took him in and nursed him back to health. This built a strong, unbreakable relationship between the two.
    Attacks: Bite, Growl, Ember

Bones, male Cubone, lv. 7
    Bones meet up with Jackal and Sebastian soon there after. He was beening bullied by a group of fellow Cubone's when Jackal came in and rescued him. Bones and Jackal have and undeniable friendship and has unparalleled trust in Sebastian.
    Attacks: Headbutt, Bonemerang, Tail Whip

Items: Folding steel bike, sleeping bag and pillow, Pokemon food, extra set of clothes, pocket knife, side pocket of poke balls, side pocket of 2 poitons and a antidote, a small amount of money, a stolen pokedex, and his father's old trainer's guide with multipe side notes throughout.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Hope I'm not too late!

Appearance: At first glance Sebastian looks as if he's still in grade school. With shoes he just tops off at 5'. However despite this kiddish-stature, he is very strong-willed. He has curly medium-lengthed burnt orange hair which just drops to his eyebrows. His eyes also show peek on his inside. His eyes share different colors. His right being a deep ocean blue, while is right being a fire red. For the most part Sebastian tries to stay calm yet if tipped over the edge he wont stop until his wants are meet and he'll do whatever it takes. His face is set-off with a set of freckles under his eyes which are accompanied by the ones that cover his arms and legs.

Sebastian usually carries a scruffy look with him. His face is always showing a little more than a 5 O'Clock shadow. He usually is seen wearing his lucky t-shirt, a ratty black shirt with paint spills along the bottom and on the right sleeve. His usually jeans are a pair with holes just below the right knee and left pocket, while the left back is missing. He also has a old-worn out pair of shoes, they are on the breaking point around the toes as the steps draw closer.

History: Sebastian was always seen as an outcast, both in school and at his house. Both his father and older brother, Murray, went to become pretty well accomplished trainers. His school life would make it even harder for him in his house. As a boy who kept to himself he was always the bud of the school kids' jokes. This wouldn't help his grades and in turn would end in harsh punishment at home.

Just over a year ago, Sebastian ran away from home, fed up with the shame he brought upon his family. However with recent news of his father's arrest in Denn. Seeing as a chance to redeem himself his takes the chance.

Personality: Usually one that keeps to himself, he is very open at first. His close friends at school said he was always a jokester and also a good friend who was always there for you. However his bad side is very violent. Once he took on 4 kids in a fight because they stole his Snack Pack in lunch. He doesn't like to be picked on and wants to be accpeted as himself.

Pokemon:

Jackal, male Growlithe, lv. 10
    Jackal was also seen as outsider. Sebastian found him shortly after he ran away. Jackal's face was badly beaten and he could bearly walk. His face was left with a scar over his right eye. However, in dire need of a companion, Sebastian took him in and nursed him back to health. This built a strong, unbreakable relationship between the two.
    Attacks: Bite, Growl, Ember

Bones, male Cubone, lv. 7
    Bones meet up with Jackal and Sebastian soon there after. He was beening bullied by a group of fellow Cubone's when Jackal came in and rescued him. Bones and Jackal have and undeniable friendship and has unparalleled trust in Sebastian.
    Attacks: Headbutt, Bonemerang, Tail Whip

Items: Folding steel bike, sleeping bag and pillow, Pokemon food, extra set of clothes, pocket knife, side pocket of poke balls, side pocket of 2 poitons and a antidote, a small amount of money, a stolen pokedex, and his father's old trainer's guide with multipe side notes throughout.

Not bad, but for the moment you're pending. Please make your personality a bit longer. Maybe three times longer. "He doesn't like to be picked on and wants to be accpeted as himself." - Lol, who doesn't? Do you like being picked on or not accepted by others?

Your history also needs some work. Sebastian's status as an outsider isn't really explained. The slippery slope you've outlined - being an outcast, being picked on, lower grades, punishment at home, running away - needs to be better developed. You've made Sebastian look like a victim of circumstance - surely some of this is his responsibility? Plus, you've mentioned that he has some close friends, which 'outsiders' rarely do.

I can't help but notice that both of Sebastian's Pokemon were also 'outsiders' for no adequately explained reason, were badly abused, and then rescued by him. This has become a serious cliche. Combined with Sebastian's past, it makes him look like a Gary-Stu. Yes, everyone wants to rescue injured Pokemon, but there just aren't that many out there to go around.

Also applies to Celeste, whose Zangoose has been banned from the company of his peers for being a peacekeeper...

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    Name: Marcus Delosfute

Personality: Marcus is a laid back person that seems to just go with the flow. He doesn't have much of a temper, but he can be very stern and maybe a bit cold when he sees something of very high disappointment, (to his standards). Only in the most dangerous of situations will he step in and protect friends and family.
    Now, Marcus has some flaws to, one of his most major is his commitment issues. He always seems to be the weakest there. Marcus is also very clumsy. Whenever he runs it's almost guaranteed that he will trip at least once. He is also very clueless, especially when it comes to abbreviations. This trait can make very ignorant, but he is actually average. Marcus processes things slowly, it takes him a few minutes to calculate problems or fully understand the situation.

History: Marcus was sent off on an assignment by his family members to get information about the lands government and ecosystem. He was accompanied by his cousin on this journey, and they both set off. Upon arriving in Denn Marcus and his cousin were fascinated by the pokemon in the area and, after learning more about them, began to catch some.
    After traveling through many towns, Marcus and his cousin stopped in Harelic Town to take a rest. They stayed in that town for three days before his cousin was arrested for, apparently, starting riots and assaulting an officer, but he wasn't too sure, they didn't give him much information.
    For weeks Marcus tried to get his cousin out of jail, but with no success. Now Marcus has decided to try and help his cousin escape. When he got directions to the jail he was told that the main route was flooded and he would have to walk through the Deep Dark Forest. He set off for the forest. On his way he stopped at a transport business and rested there.

Appearance: Marcus has tan-ish brown skin. He wears a blue hoodie that shrouds his face, making it difficult to see and wears dark blue jeans. Under his hoodie he wears a white or yellow shirt. He wears white and black sneakers and carries a watch on his wrist. Marcus is unusually short for his age. He is 4' 7" and is the tallest of his brothers, (which are all about the same size.) Marcus has short, black hair that flows to the very edge of his head, and ends in bangs on his forehead.

Pokemon: (Torterra): Synthesis, Earthquake, Magical Leaf (Honchkrow): Fly, Pursuit, Swagger (Mudkip): Hydro Pump, Protect, Take Down, Whirlpool (Clefairy): Soft Boiled, Metronome, Seismic Toss (Poochyena): Poison Fang, Shadow Ball, Dig

Items: Marcus doesn't carry much with him because he prefers to get his supplies off the land, but what he does carry is a map and two PokeBalls.

Last edited:

PikaPikachu

Great White Whale
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Not bad, but for the moment you're pending. Please make your personality a bit longer. Maybe three times longer. "He doesn't like to be picked on and wants to be accpeted as himself." - Lol, who doesn't? Do you like being picked on or not accepted by others?

Your history also needs some work. Sebastian's status as an outsider isn't really explained. The slippery slope you've outlined - being an outcast, being picked on, lower grades, punishment at home, running away - needs to be better developed. You've made Sebastian look like a victim of circumstance - surely some of this is his responsibility? Plus, you've mentioned that he has some close friends, which 'outsiders' rarely do.

I can't help but notice that both of Sebastian's Pokemon were also 'outsiders' for no adequately explained reason, were badly abused, and then rescued by him. This has become a serious cliche. Combined with Sebastian's past, it makes him look like a Gary-Stu. Yes, everyone wants to rescue injured Pokemon, but there just aren't that many out there to go around.

Also applies to Celeste, whose Zangoose has been banned from the company of his peers for being a peacekeeper...

alright ill get a new SU in a while

Would have had this sooner but my internet froze midway through >:O

History: Sebastian was born on Cinnabar Island. When he was only four his dad left to become a Pokemon Trainer. Sebastian and his mom continued to live on Cinnabar. One day Sebastian wandered into the Pokemon Mansion. He was ambushed by a Growlithe and saved by some mysterious trainer who got the Growlithe and gave Sebastian the Pokeball. Sebastian continued to train his Growlithe occasionally challenging wild Pokemon inside Pokeman Mansion. When he was ten him and his mom took a trip to Pewter City to visit the Pokemon Muesum. During the trip Sebastian's mom was kidnapped.

Sebastian's dad quickly came to the Muesum to get Sebastian. Sebastian was eager to find out who did this and rescue his mom. However his dad refused to let him go and instead enrolled him in the Pokemon Academy in Viridian. Sebastian and his dad moved to Pewter City and Sebastian's dad became a trainer in the Pewter City Gym. Unknown to Sebastian, his dad would periodically recieve notes from his mom's kidnapper telling him that she was still alive.

Shortly after Sebastian's graduation his dad was kidnapped. He found a note cut-and-pasted from magazine articles. It read:
    Oh poor dear Sebastian. Yes we know all about you. You and Jackal and more recently Sparky. How, you ask? Don't worry about that. Now we finally have your father. You can search all you want for them but you shall find little success.

-Denn
    Sebastian had noticed that this was written on a sheet from the Pokemon Tower. He then set out to travel through Kanto to reach Lavender and hopefully save his parents. Along the way he had collected five badges (Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, and Marsh Badge). However upon reaching Lavender he had come to found out that Denn wasn't a person but it was a region. He next goal: to travel to Denn.

Personality: Sebastian is a leader and rarely follows. Even if he doesn't know about what he's doing he tries to figure it out. He is also very caring and helpful to most. However he has a nasty side. Its hard to push him over the line but if he is he is reletanlous.

Pokemon:

Jackal, male Growlithe, lv. 27
    Sebastian's first Pokemon. Caught in Pokemon Mansion when Sebastian was 6. 11 years has built a strong bond between the two.
    Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Take Down, Leer

Sparky, male Pikachu, lv. 22
    Caught on a field trip to Viridian Forest during Sebastian's years at the Academy.
    Moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunder Wave

Bones, male Cubone, lv. 17
    Caught in Pokemon Tower while following a lead on his mom and dad.
    Moves: Headbutt, Leer, Bone Club, Focus Energy

Items: Running shoes, Pokemon food, a dozen home-made potions, a few antitodes, extra set of clothes, two weeks ration of food, a pocket knife, his dad's old trainer guide with mulitple side notes, a map of Kanto and Johto, a stolen Pokedex, and a sleeping bag and pillow

*Let me know if i need to change anything*

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    PikaPikachu: sorry, you're rejected. My main issues are with certain grammar mistakes and having two parents kidnapped. It looks like the police haven't been involved in the case and Sebastian will have to rescue his parents all by himself...oddly, the kidnappers haven't asked for a ransom...and kidnappers don't usually sign notes with the name of a country, which Denn is. Are you trying to suggest that Denn's government was involved? If so, I don't think they would be taunting Sebastian about it.

Kiklion: you're pending for the moment. I'm concerned about some lapses in grammar and your character's history. Since these recent events will likely be very important to the plot, it would be nice to have more information about them. For instance, why was Marcus sent on this assignment? How did he get a Visa? What steps has he taken to get his cousin out of jail? Furthermore, I think the government of Denn would be careful about arresting a foreigner, so he must have actually comitted a crime.

Also, please list the levels of your character's Pokemon.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    A Visa? Who said anything about a Visa? Am I supposed to have one! Oh my...

Edit: You know what, I'm going to drop out. I'm already in an RP and I'm pretty behind, being in another RP wouldn't help at all. Sorry.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Alright, thank you.

Enough dilly-dallying, I say. Here is

Chapter 1
    (chapters make organization easier)

The Deep Dark Forest is a dense coniferous forest smack in the middle of Denn. It was once much larger and covered most of the island. The DDF probably extends, unbroken, over the hills and mountains to the north, but no-one has explored it to be sure. The DDF is considered a nuisance because it is a home for Mightyena, Ursaring, Duskull, and other Pokemon that threaten the people living around it. However, cutting it down is a slow and difficult process due to all of the dangerous Pokemon that inhabit it and the spiky thornbushes that make passage toilsome. The paths that wind through the forest are the only human intervention that the forest will permit.

The starting town (where you are at) is small and generic. The streets radiate out from the industrial centre, which contains steel mills and coal power plants. Small farms dot the landscape to the west and south.

Driving down to the outskirts of the town, one encounters small wooden shacks with rundown fences, women carrying pails of water and goods from market, and children playing on the dusty sidewalks. There is a gap between these streets and the forest, a no-man's land of grasses and spindly trees. At the entrance to the forest, the paved road ends.

Since the floods on the east lowlands, a good portion of the traffic has been diverted through the forest. Stagecoaches go down this road every hour, heaped with crates, barrels, bags of mail, and occassionally passengers. The coach station located on a small street not far from the outskirts. It is a a white, two-storey building with tall windows and a box-like shape. Rapidash stand by the sides, flicking their tails and waiting patiently.

Your task is to saunter up to the station and ask the lady at the desk about rates and schedules of stagecoaches headed through the forest. (Passenger stagecoaches run roughly four times a day.) You might start up a conversation with others standing around the building, since they are probably there for the same reason.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Riley, Chapter 1

I hope this is okay, just jumping in like this. I figured, knowing Riley's personality, she'd be there early, so she'll go and socialise when some more people arrive.

Riley nervously checked her watch, and frowned at it when she realised that less than a minute had passed since she last checked it. She took a deep breath, shook herself mentally and pushed the inn door open, striding up to the desk. "I'dliketohireacab," she said, nerves making her string the sentence together. The woman behind the counter gave her and look, and Riley laughed nervously.

"I meant, I would like to hire a cab ride through the forest," she said slowly and carefully, slightly over-pronouncing the words to ensure she was understood. The woman handed her a form to fill in, and Riley stepped aside to let the person behind her talk and receive a form. She read over the form before filling it in, even her neatest hand-writing starting to crowd the page as she ran over the lines and scribbled out spelling errors.

She signed the bottom with a flourish and handed the form over to the receptionist, who snatched the form and the pen and filed it away. "I'll just need a small fee to-" Riley cut the woman off by handing her a cheque for the amount required. "Okay, go and wait over there, someone will be with you in a moment," she drawled, and Riley picked up her rucksack and went to a small bench across the room, folding her frame onto the seat and leaning back. She checked her watch again, and made a mental note to get a fresh battery for it – the second hand was not moving, and the minute hand appeared to be ticking forward a minute then backward a minute.

She rummaged through her bag and dug out a periodical, flicking through it as she kept one eye on the door. The form had mentioned that she would be required to travel with three other people, so she wanted to see who her possible companions would be and attempt to asses them from a distance.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {{ Of course it's not a problem. However, I'm not sure if we are going to have three people. Also, the station wasn't an inn at first, but it is now. xD You're right, it makes more sense.

I'm setting up an OOC thread so that the roleplay doesn't get (more) cluttered with comments. }}

The sun was at its zenith and mercilessly flooding the town as Samantha rode up to the station and dismounted her bike. After an uneasy glance at the Rapidash by the entrance, who were peacefully flicking their tails, she clipped the bike to the same post they were tied to. The air above them was shimmering with heat.

Jackie the Houndoom was right behind her. He bounded up, glanced at the steeds, and went to explore around the building. Samantha let him be. She was thoroughly and self-consciously dusting off her capris. The journey from the last town had taken a few hours: as evidence of this, her backside was chalky with the stuff the roads were made of. Not for the first time (or the last) she sighed to herself, wishing that she had taken slightly more practical clothing. Something sporty, maybe. Instead she was wearing jean capris and a slim, pale pink tee. Her backpack contained more of the same. It was too hot. It was too hot to think.

Samantha pulled out her compact mirror and peered closely at what she could see of her face around the sunglasses. God, she looked a mess. Her makeup had literally melted off some time ago and her acne was showing. There probably wasn't much use in putting it all on again, so she settled for just lip gloss.

Samantha stashed the compact and nervously rubbed her neck where the camera strap was beginning to chafe. The strap reminded her. She had promised herself to photograph every landmark or stopping place on her journey. This was as good as any. She raised the heavy black camera and took a few shots of the station's white facade before opening the door. Faithful Jackie followed her inside.

The lobby was wonderfully cool and dark. Samantha pushed her sunglasses up and looked around. There were polished tiles and a small door to the side that led to the rooms of the inn. The wooden cabinets gleamed in the soft lamplight. There were upholstered seats arranged near the back, where a tall young woman was sitting reading a magazine. It was so reassuringly middle-class. Samantha was really looking forward to a stage in her journey where she would be able to sit back and relax for a change and let her money do the work. Riding a bike everywhere was not as fun as fun as the idea had first appeared to her.

She bought a ticket from the receptionist, filling out the paperwork in a dainty script, and asked about the schedule. The lady pointed to the schedule on the wall: the next stagecoach was due to leave in 20 minutes. Samantha had arrived just in time. Pleased with herself, she went to take a seat, but the receptionist called her back.

"We can't have Pokemon in here," she said, frowning at Jackie with disapproval.

"He's very well behaved," Samantha assured her, but the receptionist insisted that there could be no exceptions. "Well, that's alright," she replied with a magnanimous air, and Jackie was zapped into his Pokeball.

Suddenly feeling very tired, Samantha sunk into a chair beside Riley's with a sigh and stretched, delicately covering her yawn with a hand. The heat was making her drowsy. She turned with curiosity to her neighbour and the magazine she was perusing. Most likely she was also headed through Deep Dark Forest. If so, they would be stuck for ten hours with each other. She seemed like a nice sort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back