• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation announcement feedback.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like this idea :D

The numbers just got too high :[

People will probably complain about comments anyways though.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Just a small note: we can still see our reputation points by clicking "add reputation" on our own posts. I'm assuming that that was meant to be gotten rid of, considering we now can't see it in our User CPs.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    From what I read, it seems that the only change about the reputation is that only you can see it. I really don't see any problem with it, because there will be much less people complaining about it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems to just be Constructive criticism.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Good call.

I like the fact that it's still enabled, just with the little green pips gone.

It'll finally take people's attention away from how many littles boxes they have/want. (b ' ')b
    I didn't even realize it was gone until like, two minutes ago.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well who ever said that green little pips in a Pokemon forum ever mattered?

I doubt many will use the comments as much though. Now I don't have to hear those dumb grammar killers whine about my roughness at least.

Years
  • From what I read, it seems that the only change about the reputation is that only you can see it. I really don't see any problem with it, because there will be much less people complaining about it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems to just be Constructive criticism.

The whole notion of points has been removed, so people can no longer use the number of green pips on their profile as measurement of their e-peen, nor can they complain every time they lost one or two points because someone disagreed with them.

As I see it there was no other solution, so good call. It's a shame that a minority of members were too immature for the system to work, but such is life - a small number ruining it for everyone else. Now, how long until someone suggests a rep system in CQ&F?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Now, can any of you imagine the number of complaint threads new members will make if they peek in the FAQ and find those little questions on Rep d(''d)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The whole notion of points has been removed, so people can no longer use the number of green pips on their profile as measurement of their e-peen, nor can they complain every time they lost one or two points because someone disagreed with them.

As I see it there was no other solution, so good call. It's a shame that a minority of members were too immature for the system to work, but such is life - a small number ruining it for everyone else. Now, how long until someone suggests a rep system in CQ&F?

Alright, but I don't see how people just can't get their reputation altering power taken away from them. Limiting isn't enough for them. Only the that can follow simple rules should be able to get such privileges.

But thanks for answering my question, you and Ausaudriel. I just don't like when I may be completely wrong about one thing and not notice.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I didn't actually realise the 'bars' were gone.. until I saw the announcement.

It was a nice feature, but was generally abused. It was kinda annoying to see people talking about their neg rep all the time but I can't imagine what it was like for the admins etc.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Question: Are there gonna be notifications for these "Post Comments"?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I didn't actually realise the 'bars' were gone.. until I saw the announcement.

It was a nice feature, but was generally abused. It was kinda annoying to see people talking about their neg rep all the time but I can't imagine what it was like for the admins etc.

Me too! I think its a good idea actually. Kudos to the genius.

Years
  • Alright, but I don't see how people just can't get their reputation altering power taken away from them. Limiting isn't enough for them. Only the that can follow simple rules should be able to get such privileges.

But thanks for answering my question, you and Ausaudriel. I just don't like when I may be completely wrong about one thing and not notice.

I'm sure that's been considered by the admins in the run-up to the removal of the points system (one user was placed in his own special usergroup so that he could neither give nor receive reputation - he was arguably the catalyst for the furore about the system), but any negative comments received won't actually do anything to a figure. Should there be comments that flame a user I believe the higher staff (or at least some of the higher staff) would be prepared to deal with the perpetrator/s.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I am really glad you guys did this, honestly the complaints and all threads made were starting to annoy everyone and the system wasn't that good anyway. The main thing that ruined it was immature people complaining at everyone little thing, they were just green bars lol

Kudos to the admins anyway, its pretty nice how we don't see the bars or get notifications anymore.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Wait, are you supposed to see the reputation of the person? I just did it, and I saw the rep, clear as day.

Years
  • Wait, are you supposed to see the reputation of the person? I just did it, and I saw the rep, clear as day.

This does appear to happen. The rep pip appears after submitting a comment. It disappears if you navigate away and then go back to the post.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It was a nice feature, but was generally abused.

I was one of those people who wanted the system removed because of various reasons.
    Therefore, I'm kinda happy that it got removed.

It made the process of sharing opinions very tough. And most people were too immature to understand the true purpose of it.
    The system was literally used as a weapon when someone hated somebody else.
    And the system was also highly used as a measure of how famous you are, or something close to this point.

But yeah, this new system is almost totally going to be ignored by 98% of the members.
    Even then, I'm hoping complains about comments that deal with flaming or insult of some sort can still be contested to an admin.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I, for one, am disappointed with this change.

I wonder if the change will be reverted if I complain enough :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I mentioned in the convo, but Audy probably didn't see...

How about editing Spey's permissions? iirc it was only disabled for him because of complaining about bad rep and the... high number abuse (or something else, idk)... and since it's a semi-new start, he should get another chance?

Back