• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation announcement feedback.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    To my understanding there are no usergroups that are in use that have post comments disabled.
    You don't know that do you? Since that is a matter kept within the Administrators only. They won't tell anyone else about usergroups on the forums.

Years

• You don't know that do you? Since that is a matter kept within the Administrators only. They won't tell anyone else about usergroups on the forums.

Spey.

You are quite possibly one of the rudest people I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Remove your head from your backside and stop being so arrogant.

I'm making an assumption based on what the staff have said, specifically comments regarding the deletion of the usergroup that was created especially for special little snowflakes like you who can't handle the tiniest piece of criticism and feel the need to baww about it to the nearest admin. I bet you're the kid who puts his hand up in class and goes "SIR, JOHNNY'S CHEWING GUM IN CLASS" or whatever every time, right? Do you break down into tears if you have concrit on your homework? Just man up and accept that **** happens sometimes, and that it's not your God-given duty to be a crusader for all mankind.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Spey.

You are quite possibly one of the rudest people I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Remove your head from your backside and stop being so arrogant.
    rofl I was just going to post comment this but seeing as Spey wasn't being rude and I had something on topic to say I figured I'd reply.

But regardless of how laughable I found this post, you are, most likely, correct, not because of any evidence suggesting such but because of the lack of complaining and whining about the new system... thus eradicating a need for a usergroup without post comments. But I don't think it's impossible that one would ever be made.

Years
  • I don't want to come across as rude at all, but I don't think that matters as it fell again. It was brought back because it was believed that PC had regained the maturity it once needed to handle the system.

They were wrong unfortunately, and as such, it was removed.

I see...Thanks for clearing that up. It just seems evident that guys who will ruin the system will always exist is all, really.

Years
  • Lol.
    I've been laughing at the couple of comments above.
    But anyway, why don't we just kick out the rude user here at pc?
    For example, Spey!
    I'm sure that this thread and pc will be much more miture, don't you think?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Lol.
    I've been laughing at the couple of comments above.
    But anyway, why don't we just kick out the rude user here at pc?
    For example, Spey!
    I'm sure that this thread and pc will be much more miture, don't you think?

The staff did come up with that idea, from what I've heard. I think the best way would have to be disabling reputation for good, although it left again at the hands of arrogant trolls.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
  • Wow.

This thread has turned into a debate because of negative reputation?
    That is quite possibly the stupidest reason for an argument I have ever heard.
    (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Sounds to me like this thread should be closed/deleted so that the people who are hellbent on causing arguments can go do it in PM's.

:>

Zet

Years

• Rep doesn't exist no more, but you must be in a usergroup where you can't send out post comments. Try contacting a member of the administration team, they'll know and put you back to the right usergroup
    Actually rep still does exist, it was found out that it still does with the Poke Link Mobile style. You could check your reputation and see if it was positive or negative and it turned out that the "comment" system is just a "negative feedback" system. You could also give people positive rep on the Poke Link Mobile, but the style was removed because it wasn't meant for the public.

You don't know that do you? Since that is a matter kept within the Administrators only. They won't tell anyone else about usergroups on the forums.
    No, it's not only kept to the administrators, everyone can know because the icon wouldn't appear on the person's post.

I thin kthe rep system should be gone completely.

All it caused was anger.
    All it caused was people going over emo over one little red icon appearing on their reputation list.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Spey. Spey, Spey, Spey, Spey, Spey. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't like the word 'noob'. Maybe because I used to get called one a lot. Actually, I still do get called one, lol. Maybe it's because I don't like the way it sounds, or because it just seems immature to me. Therefore, Spey, I'm not going to call you a 'noob'. Instead, I'm gonna call you a zombie. At first this doesn't appear to be an insult, and unless you count noob as an insult, it isn't one. It's more a way of classifying your internet character. You see, now matter how many times anyone tries to help you, no matter how many times you claim you're a changed, more mature member of PC, you manage to screw your act up and show us all you're still the same zombie. According to popular stories I'm sure we've all heard of, zombies have no brains. Hence you are now referred to as a zombie. I think it's pretty quirky. No doubt you'll think it's rude and you'll completely ignore what I have to say and just brush me off like you always do whenever anyone puts stuff to you bluntly.

You are a silly person, Spey. I can't speak for everyone when I say this (although most will agree with me), but I can speak for myself. You're silly because your concept of various things are ridiculous. Such as right and wrong, maturity, or my own favourite, being a changed person who actually contributes to society. So let's see where you've gone wrong, shall we?

Okay, for right and wrong, it's pretty simple. Every action of yours that has ever been met with disdain here was wrong (hint: this means all of your actions) and everyone who tried to help you was right to do so. When you made silly arguments about reputation and basically proved yourself to be a whiny little kid in front of the entire forum, you were in the wrong. There are people who posted in this very thread saying, 'I'm glad reputation has been disabled, now there'll be no more fighting, yay!' were right to do so as long as they had nothing to do with the reputation abuse. But for YOU to come in here the way you did and say, 'OMG, thank god that something was done. I hope that rep is something never mentioned again.' like you did is ridiculous, seeing as most people blame YOU for rep's removal, and the fact that you obviously cared a hell of a lot about it to complain as much as you did.

I understand you might still be somewhat confused, and that's okay, I have a friend who can help. He's called the dictionary.

Right:

1. in accordance with what is good, proper, or just: right conduct.
    2. in conformity with fact, reason, truth, or some standard or principle; correct: the right solution; the right answer.
    3. correct in judgment, opinion, or action.
    4. fitting or appropriate; suitable: to say the right thing at the right time.

Wrong:

1. not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
    2. deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.
    3. not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.
    4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.
    5. out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.
    6. not suitable or appropriate: He always says the wrong thing.

I also like wrong as a noun too:

8. that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil: I committed many wrongs.

I don't think any of those rights and just about all of those wrongs can be applied to you, Spey. PROTIP: that's not a good thing. Not at all :(

So let's move onto maturity. Being a hypocrite is not being mature, and not being mature means you probably aren't a valued member of our community (unless you're Lightning). Not being a valued member doesn't necessarily mean being disliked, but it probably means you're not very popular. Being mature means you complain about the red pips beside your username and you ruin all the fun for everyone else because you can't have everything your way. And then when the finger of blame points to you, you naturally hide under your magical invisibility coat, otherwise known as Autism. And it's ridiculous. People tried to help you, Spey. Even when some were making fun of you (hello, Alex_, how are you doing?), there were still some diehard members who refused to take no for an answer. Okay, just Nick, but he counts for like three or something. And you managed to ignore everything he said too, so well done.

Mature:

1. fully developed in body or mind, as a person: a mature woman

No one will ever say that applies to you. Sorry kid.

As for you thinking you contribute to society, proposing stupid changes to the rules so the staff will notice you because you want to be a mod does not make you any less unlikable than you already are. And then all of the threads you made in which you cried to the staff and tried to get them to make the big bad monster under your bed go away is just... pathetic.

When one takes into account the mess you've created, Spey, one can't be blamed for wondering why the hell you're still here. At first I reckoned it was because the staff felt like not banning you for the lulz, then I thought maybe you're cute enough not to get infracted. Maybe the staff think you can redeem yourself (and as nice a guy as I am, I don't see that happening), and seeing as at best you are only tolerated here, maybe it would be for the best if you left. Find out how to act properly on a different forum and come back and blow everyone away. It's not that hard, and you wouldn't be the last.

I have nothing more to say to you, Spey. Have fun being completely oblivious and as zombie-like as you can possibly be!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I think that there are only very few people who care a lot about rep. Even I was that kind of a person who thought of quitting PC just for some -reps! I was just immature at that time but I think that I got a little mature by the time I was at -41 rep points. I tried to correct my mistakes and am still doing so but now I only care for the feedback and not those red or green cards! So banning of those cards will not affect my growth in any way as I just care for feedback.

So the last word about removal of red/green cards: No problem!

Spey. Spey, Spey, Spey, Spey, Spey. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't like the word 'noob'. Maybe because I used to get called one a lot. Actually, I still do get called one, lol. Maybe it's because I don't like the way it sounds, or because it just seems immature to me. Therefore, Spey, I'm not going to call you a 'noob'. Instead, I'm gonna call you a zombie. At first this doesn't appear to be an insult, and unless you count noob as an insult, it isn't one. It's more a way of classifying your internet character. You see, now matter how many times anyone tries to help you, no matter how many times you claim you're a changed, more mature member of PC, you manage to screw your act up and show us all you're still the same zombie. According to popular stories I'm sure we've all heard of, zombies have no brains. Hence you are now referred to as a zombie. I think it's pretty quirky. No doubt you'll think it's rude and you'll completely ignore what I have to say and just brush me off like you always do whenever anyone puts stuff to you bluntly.

You are a silly person, Spey. I can't speak for everyone when I say this (although most will agree with me), but I can speak for myself. You're silly because your concept of various things are ridiculous. Such as right and wrong, maturity, or my own favourite, being a changed person who actually contributes to society. So let's see where you've gone wrong, shall we?

Okay, for right and wrong, it's pretty simple. Every action of yours that has ever been met with disdain here was wrong (hint: this means all of your actions) and everyone who tried to help you was right to do so. When you made silly arguments about reputation and basically proved yourself to be a whiny little kid in front of the entire forum, you were in the wrong. There are people who posted in this very thread saying, 'I'm glad reputation has been disabled, now there'll be no more fighting, yay!' were right to do so as long as they had nothing to do with the reputation abuse. But for YOU to come in here the way you did and say, 'OMG, thank god that something was done. I hope that rep is something never mentioned again.' like you did is ridiculous, seeing as most people blame YOU for rep's removal, and the fact that you obviously cared a hell of a lot about it to complain as much as you did.

I understand you might still be somewhat confused, and that's okay, I have a friend who can help. He's called the dictionary.

Right:

1. in accordance with what is good, proper, or just: right conduct.
    2. in conformity with fact, reason, truth, or some standard or principle; correct: the right solution; the right answer.
    3. correct in judgment, opinion, or action.
    4. fitting or appropriate; suitable: to say the right thing at the right time.

Wrong:

1. not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
    2. deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.
    3. not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.
    4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.
    5. out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.
    6. not suitable or appropriate: He always says the wrong thing.

I also like wrong as a noun too:

8. that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil: I committed many wrongs.

I don't think any of those rights and just about all of those wrongs can be applied to you, Spey. PROTIP: that's not a good thing. Not at all :(

So let's move onto maturity. Being a hypocrite is not being mature, and not being mature means you probably aren't a valued member of our community (unless you're Lightning). Not being a valued member doesn't necessarily mean being disliked, but it probably means you're not very popular. Being mature means you complain about the red pips beside your username and you ruin all the fun for everyone else because you can't have everything your way. And then when the finger of blame points to you, you naturally hide under your magical invisibility coat, otherwise known as Autism. And it's ridiculous. People tried to help you, Spey. Even when some were making fun of you (hello, Alex_, how are you doing?), there were still some diehard members who refused to take no for an answer. Okay, just Nick, but he counts for like three or something. And you managed to ignore everything he said too, so well done.

Mature:

1. fully developed in body or mind, as a person: a mature woman

No one will ever say that applies to you. Sorry kid.

As for you thinking you contribute to society, proposing stupid changes to the rules so the staff will notice you because you want to be a mod does not make you any less unlikable than you already are. And then all of the threads you made in which you cried to the staff and tried to get them to make the big bad monster under your bed go away is just... pathetic.

When one takes into account the mess you've created, Spey, one can't be blamed for wondering why the hell you're still here. At first I reckoned it was because the staff felt like not banning you for the lulz, then I thought maybe you're cute enough not to get infracted. Maybe the staff think you can redeem yourself (and as nice a guy as I am, I don't see that happening), and seeing as at best you are only tolerated here, maybe it would be for the best if you left. Find out how to act properly on a different forum and come back and blow everyone away. It's not that hard, and you wouldn't be the last.

I have nothing more to say to you, Spey. Have fun being completely oblivious and as zombie-like as you can possibly be!

OMG that was really one heck of a post! I really liked how you presented your ideas. Good going dude!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I have a question. Do we have unlimited privileges to make a comment, or will we still have to make X amount of posts or be here for a Y amount of time before we get the ability to make a comment again?
    I tried seeing the announcement, but my access was denied for some reason >.>
    And when will PC get a slogan? :P

Last edited:

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • If it was changed like the Staff voted on then there's no limit on giving someone rep (or having to give other people rep before giving it to that person again).
    And as for the announcement, it was likely set on a 1 month timer, meaning once that month was up the announcement was taken down.

Back