• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incest ^o^

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    So guys. For some this might seem a bit morbid of a topic, but I am anxious to see everyone's views on incest. Do you think it's okay for Uncle Pete and Nephew Jarred to treat each other to a candle-lit dinner? Do you think the government has the right to control who people share physical intimacy with?

Spill your thoughts. u3u

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm abit curious as to why you even thought of this, but it's not my place to judge.

I personally believe it's extremely creepy o.o

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    It should be legal if it is between consenting adults, bottom line. I understand that the issue becomes muddled morally when you consider the tendency of some incestuous relationships to develop out of pedophilic ones, and whether or not consent is truly consent if it is an attitude that has been cultivated through the psychological influence of another, etc.

BUT as far as legislation goes there's no reason (that I can see) why two independent individuals shouldn't be able to have whatever relations they choose to have with one another.

P.S. i want to treat that smiley in the title to a candle-lit dinner 83

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Uhh, I feel sickened by this topic and have the need to spout profanities right now, but I don't.

Incest = Bad, bad, bad

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    It should be legal if it is between consenting adults, bottom line. I understand that the issue becomes muddled morally when you consider the tendency of some incestuous relationships to develop out of pedophilic ones, and whether or not consent is truly consent if it is an attitude that has been cultivated through the psychological influence of another, etc.

BUT as far as legislation goes there's no reason (that I can see) why two independent individuals shouldn't be able to have whatever relations they choose to have with one another.

What about the shallow gene pool?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years

I agree with all this, especially that last statement. :3
    I mean, if you are in love with or just want to seduce your cousin (provided you're both consenting adults), what business of that is the Government's? :/ Or really anybody else's...
    Sure, mutation is a risk, but that's something you'll have to think about yourself. (You could always just have protected sex and adopt a baby. :B) Neither the Government, nor anyone else, should be allowed to stop you (on the pretense of caring).

Pædophilia is a no-no, obviously. ;o

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Although I'd never do it, I think incest should be acceptable in society as long as all participants give mutual consent. Otherwise no.

Years
    Although I'd never do it, I think incest should be acceptable in society as long as all participants give mutual consent. Otherwise no.
    Wow, I didn't expect to see someone pro-incest. o_0 Your opinion though, not judging.

I must agree with the other posters though, there are reasons that it is a taboo subject: shallow gene pools. Incest = no in my opinion.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    Bro's and Sis', no way.
    Son + Mum, or Daughter + Dad, no way.

Cousins? Yeah that's okay, but I would never do it.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    It is creepy and disgunting, but this kind of thing happens. But as said, if it's mutual, I don't have the right to judge anybody.

And though the cousin/cousin incest is 12.5% chance of children being born with bad formation, like blindness, I don't think it's as incestuous as other relations. Specially when you have a cousin like mine... STOP, DIRTY THOUGHTS, STOP!

Last edited:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Bro's and Sis', no way.
    Son + Mum, or Daughter + Dad, no way.

Cousins? Yeah that's okay, but I would never do it.

This is pretty much my response. And lets not forget that if incest was legalised in all of its capacity (I'm pretty sure cousins are allowed to date/marry in the UK, but I could be wrong), there would be people who would then abuse that law to get away with whatever they pleased with whoever they pleased.

Years
    People can have relationships without having children, you know. So any argument against incest based on the "shallow gene pool" is kind of not relevant, except perhaps to the people who are personally considering having a relation with a biological relative, but that's their choice to make, not others'. Besides, I'm sure we'd agree that it would be wrong to say that people with a genetic disease couldn't have children just because of a potential for it to be passed on.

Incest gets into bad territory when one of the people is underage (which is bad even without the incest factor) or there is some kind of psychological factor involved (like a parent's authority over a child even if that child is of age legally) which blurs whether or not it is a consensual relationship. Consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want with each other.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, my answer to this would be the same as the answer I would give to a variety of moral topics like this:

1) Human beings should be allowed to do whatever they want.
    2) Point 1) is void if violating the rights of another human being(ie. both must be consenting).
    3) I don't want any part in it personally.

So basically, to echo what others have already said, it should be allowed assuming both parties consent. Though that said, I'd hope they'd realize not to bring another life into the world as a result, knowing what effects that could have on the child biologically.

I remember hearing something about one man finally finding his long lost sister(who had been given up for adoption as a baby). Thing is, his 'sister' actually turned out to be the woman he was married to for the past year or so. That situation, although extreme, makes we wonder if some couples may already be related without knowing it. O_o

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I'm pretty much against it.
    Purely because of the whole shallow gene pool thing.

But in this situation I wouldn't split them up:
    Brother/Sister and Brother/Sister get split at birth. They meet again and don't know they're related, they fall in love.
    I'd tell them, and if they choose to stay together thats up to them.

But I don't support it when both people are fully aware when they start having sex or whatever.

Years
    Err, I don't support anything between closer relationships than first-cousins. @_@;

Quite frankly, I could care less about the shallow gene pool since it's something they consciously brought upon themselves. However, I would be against it because of the increased chances of diseases in their offspring as a result of such a shallow gene pool.

Back