• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Nintendo is taking on too much?

Do you think nintendo is moving too fast?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Honestly, i dont care

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • With Nintendo only just releasing Pokemon HG/SS and are also already working on the new pokemon B/W, Finishing off the new super mario galaxy and there designing the new 3DS;
    Do you think that nintendo are taking on too much?

I think that they might mess up and should slow it down a bit.

Years
  • Naw, Nintendo are pros at this. I'll bet they're doing more as we speak, they have thousands of employees. They're not doing too much, they're just in a rush to get more money to get more employees to sell out MORE games to get more money, and then the cycle continues.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • Personally, yes because I can't afford everything at once XD
    But that's how you make money and keep the company afloat even though it is a bit too soon for a new Ds/dsi

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Yes, they are way out of their depth. They should really come to PokeCommunity forums, and start hiring from the vast Weeaboo user base, to cope with the workload.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Naah, Nintendo can handle it. Like Ryo said, there pros at this stuff.

The 3DS sounds very interesting, by the way. xD

Years
  • But if you think about it though, how maney good games do they usualy churn out at once? one mabey two. Nintendo are doing 3 (Pokemon B/W, Mario Galaxy 2, and i thik a new metroid and LOZ.)
    How long is there between pokemon games? usualy at least a year, it has been like 4-6 months.
    also the DSi like just came out, there is no need for a new DS

Years
  • Nintendo has not been taking on too much work by any means... all good companies excel when they can work on several projects at once.

But if you think about it though, how maney good games do they usualy churn out at once? one mabey two. Nintendo are doing 3 (Pokemon B/W, Mario Galaxy 2, and i thik a new metroid and LOZ.)
    How long is there between pokemon games? usualy at least a year, it has been like 4-6 months.
    also the DSi like just came out, there is no need for a new DS

Well, there was actually a wait of almost two years between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. And the 3DS might end up looking like a DSi with head-tracking capabilities added to simulate the 3D, for all we know.

Years
  • Not really, considering they don't work on the Pokemon games, GameFreak or Genius Sonority do. That, and they have many different divisions for working on first-party software and hardware.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out like over 6 months ago in Japan and B/W are only coming out at the end of the year there so it's like next year for everyone else. That being said Japanese people are will have waited a year(more or less, I think more for this) for a new Pokemon game.

Also 3DS hasn't had a release date yet, they only mentioned the date you'll get to see a prototype so Nintendo is by no means working too fast.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Of course they're not working to fast. Think about how many games they made back in the NES/SNES days. They managed a ton of games with alot less employees. Besides, they have a multitude of divisions, most focusing on only their current task, such as GameFreak focusing on Pokemon and EAD focusing on Miyamoto's games. Hardware is in an entirely different section then the games are I'm sure.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • There not taking on too much. :D Nintendo has LOTS of development teams making the games. If they were one small company, it would be impossible. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    yeah, what loliwin said. its just kinda weird to think that nintendo doesnt have hundreds of people working on all these different projects. why do you think the end credits is the longest most boring part of any game?

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I would say yes only because every single game I know of (other than Pokemon) is being completely ****ed all to hell because companies have either lost their edge, (like SEGA and Sonic) or just don't know WHAT the hell they're doing, (like Crystal Dynamics and Tomb Raider) so I think these companies need to slow it the **** down. I'm about to die with these ******** games, graphics and storylines.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I agree, I think Nintendo knows what they are doing. They just had a drop of profits so what time is better than now to move faster in order get their profits back to par.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • No, for a number of reasons

1) they need momentum to keep up sales - they have one of the best selling consoles and handhelds around, they need consistent updates (software and hardware) to keep people interested.

2) Pokemon is not developed by Nintendo. Judging from the change in graphics etc GameFreak are likely to have had different teams working on the different games.

3) Hardware and software are separate divisions, as are the games themselves.

4) It has been said before that often the 'next, next' generation of consoles is in development before the next one even comes out. With that in mind they are no doubt always looking to the future.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2010
    i think that nintendo is doing fine, but with a new pokemon and a new DS kinda suprised me
    I WOULD DIE to have a pokemon game like blue&red again
    oh the good old days.....

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Uhhhh.... no.

Some titles they're developing, some merely publishing. The other guys have new hardware in development too, even if they haven't announced it yet. R&D is continuous.

Everyone on the face of the planet owns a Wii. They now need to shift to selling software, not hardware.

And Nintendo isn't exactly new at this XD They're kinda used to this and know what they're doing. And I don't think they even have that much on their plate right now, announced anyway, compared to other developers.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Nope. As far as Pokemon goes (and as has already been stated), it's made by it's own company. Very few games, comparatively, are actually made by Nintendo.

Yes, they are way out of their depth. They should really come to PokeCommunity forums, and start hiring from the vast Weeaboo user base, to cope with the workload.

Oh, it's this guy again. >>

Back