• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B&W: Pokémon Sunday Preview [Starters revealed]

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • So, just a couple days ago Pokémon Sunday showed a preview of what is to come by the end of this week on their next episode - the first look into the new Best Wishes series. They gave a glimpse of the three Isshu Starters in the anime. It was very brief but it showed Pokabu in a battle or so it seemed, Tsutaja using his new move Grass Mixer, and Mijumaru (<3) looking cute. There's also a video clip other than the screen shots below.

Pokabu
    Tsutaja
    Mijumaru

Link to the video preview here.
    Note: The anime piece is more to the end (0:50).

It's a small piece of the preview next week, but the starters look great in the anime. Tsutaja to me will make a great contest Pokémon; hopefully it will be. The style of the anime also seems to be more defined in color in my opinion, I don't know if anyone else may notice it too. Pretty much excited to see the rest though.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The starters are cute as hell <3 I have high hopes about Iris being sexy. In color!~

Sorry Dawn, Iris is my new Eyecandy, gtfo.

Sucks I have to wait for next Late Saturday to see the damn thing. Feels like its taking forever >_>

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • HOMG

HILARIOUS, when they were playing MJ's black and white, even though it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POKEMON lulz

looking good, can't wait for this anime to start

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    This actually looks good :)
    Pokabu looks feirce, Tsutaja looks cool and Mijumaru looks so cute! :P

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Why can't ash die and they use the actual game protagonists...?
    This kind of contradicts to the statement above but I like how Iris isn't the female protagonists, and they better get someone DAMN GOOD to replace Brock, he was my fav

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • AceDragonite said:
    Why can't ash die and they use the actual game protagonists...?

Because it wouldn't make a damn difference and the writers don't care?

I didn't even bother watching the video and went straight to the pictures. Nothing special.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • Thats epic I want the little pig starter, he's the fire type one I'm guessing. I cant wait untill black/white come out, I'm pre ordering both of them. Does anyone know when the next season is starting?

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yes. They showed those starters perfectly. Quality is pretty good. Even Mijamuru looks acceptable in anime version.

Sorry Dawn, Iris is my new Eyecandy, gtfo.
    This is how most of men treat girls. Like gloves - replaceable. Exploit and throw out. I'm not suprised that writers change girls every saga. Shame on you men.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • they dont even look like they resemble anything 0_o

and the video wouldnt load for me for some reason.

and if you use the girl chars for " eye candy" thats pretty lame >.>

may was my favorite.

and it would be interesting for the game boy charicters to be in the anime, atleast in one episode along the way or somethin =/

*caugh* brendan, fear the green headband.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Ugh,after watching the gameplay and a few other things i hate how when it shows a player walking its from a above cam how it is they are trying to make it more 3-d it seems.The newer pokemon i am also hating i don't know if its due to the fact i have played pokemon since it came out and i could take when diamond and pearl genration came but this is just not even pokemon there like something not even like theres not even a word...its like not something you could think to be a best friend like piplup and so forth.Maybe i will think diffrent once the anime comes out but not sure.I think i will stick to my pokemon platinum for a while even once it comes out in a year.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Man I can't wait for this new series to start.
    The new Pokemon look cool, I hope this time Ash catches them all.
    And I really hope, Brock's replacement is the one in contests not Iris.
    I want Iris in some thing else. I'm tired of it being the same now.
    At least a boy being in contests would be a little different.
    I heard will be getting some sort of sneak peak this Sunday or next.
    Hopefully will get one with all the main characters in it including Brock's replacement.
    I want to see the new team in action, even just a clip ^^

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Man I can't wait for this new series to start.
    The new Pokemon look cool, I hope this time Ash catches them all.
    And I really hope, Brock's replacement is the one in contests not Iris.
    I want Iris in some thing else. I'm tired of it being the same now.
    At least a boy being in contests would be a little different.
    I heard will be getting some sort of sneak peak this Sunday or next.
    Hopefully will get one with all the main characters in it including Brock's replacement.
    I want to see the new team in action, even just a clip ^^
    Personally, I hope Ash doesn't get all three starters. I rather each starter go to each member of the group. Preferably, Mijumaru for Ash, Pokabu for Iris or even Ash's rival, and Tsutaja to possibly the male coordinator of the group. Ash got two starters in Sinnoh, and the writers didn't do very well with that in place. Chimchar took away a majority of screen time from Turtwig because of the story, and even then Turtwig's popularity fell with the writers after it evolved. :\ So, I'd like for this generation to divide the starters amongst the group and hopefully giving each an equal or near equal amount of screen time.

With Iris, rumor has it that she can communicate with Pokémon. If this stands true, then her role may be going through cities helping people with their Pokémon. If so, then it'll be more than a character trying to being a Breeder yet does pretty much nothing. Also, her being an anime-only character means the writers can do virtually anything with her and keep her as long as they like. Therefore she can do a lot in the anime if the writers explore with her a bit more and give her character.

As for a male coordinator, then I'm all for it. I'd really like to see the male aspect in Pokémon Contests more and to be honest, the way Tsutaja was shown in the preview, it seems like it could be a very amazing contest Pokémon. Not to mention, this might hopefully let the writers focus on new appeals and combination rather than just Ice/Water/Fire. First time with May was cool, but with Dawn it seems like that's all she ever did.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • After seeing this (http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/corocoro/corocoro-pages-18-19.jpg) I am thinking that Ash will get the water starter. Plus regarding Iris all I have heard was with her and Kibago, not any of the starters.
    I agree on Ash possibly obtaining Mijumaru, the water starter. Based on it's second evolution in the beta art, it seems like the perfect Pokémon for Ash this season. Plus, it'll be about time Ash gets a Water Pokémon that evolves all the way [hopefully].

If Iris does get one of the starters, I see it being Tsutaja.

Fithboy

The Lego Man
    Years
  • Which Starter will Ash catch in Gen V?

It's pretty obvious that the Female character is going to start with the Grass starter, so which will Ash catch? Or will he catch both? Discuss!

Years
  • He will probably catch more than 1 starter. It is very possible. Maybe he will start with a water type this time...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • I dont think the water one looks his style...squirtle totadile and maybe mudkip but the new on looks too cute for him... unless it evolves into something really mean 0_o

Even though my vavorite type is water I normaly pick the fire type starter. My first pokemon was torchic

then in diamond I got chimchar.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Actually, Iris looks to be catching a wild type Pokemon so we don't know if it will be a grass one. Dento could have a grass type though, I hear hey'll have a grass type gym. I think Ash will be getting a water Pokemon this time, maybe hey'll have his first evolved water type.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious that the Female character is going to start with the Grass starter, so which will Ash catch? Or will he catch both? Discuss!

Sorry but, why is that obvious?

Anyway, I'm actually hoping he uses all 3 again ^^

Back