• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Red Plague

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    THE PROBLEM

"first you get this searing pain and an undescribile migraine. then your sight blurs to red. the last thing you feel is anger and pure rage." thats what the survivers say. after that they can't remember anything, but others have seen what happens next. "they begin roaring and shouting. they destroy without thought or strategy just abllierating all in their path. the rampage can last for weeks, but most pokemon don't survive that long. they don't feel pain yet still receive it, they can't see and thus are blind to danger, and they strike at others who then strike back."

THE MISSION

i now need your help. I am spirit of the world. this mysterious disease "the Red Plague" has taken many lives and is also destroying the earth which we call home. i call out to you unkown heros to take the first step and help solve this mystery. a friend of mine "Darkento" is looking for new pokemon to recruit for his guild. i beg you to join the guild and begin your journey.

THE GUILD

now by joining the guild your mission is to help life continue on as normal as possible as well as finding the cure and a vaccine for the red plague. while a member of the guild you can travel as often as you want to other places, but you only receive rewards from the guild head after completing a mission. being a member also lets you recruit other pokemon to expand your team (i ask that you limit the number of recruit you get per page so that you can focus on the main plot.)

THE MAIN CHARACTERS FROM PLOT

"The Spirit" a being which embodies the earth and shows itself in times of great distress

Darkento the guild head. he has been enlightened to the ways of justice, honor, humility, and peace by the legendary pokemon of the distant past as well as "The Spirit". he is a Scyther with gary and black coloration. i am willing to let someone use him as their ONLY character if they want him. that person has to stay the head of the guild.

THE TOWN

the main town is Gysear town has these main locations

Marketplace (the central hub of the town)
    old Gysear (original town which is now run down)
    Singe bay (a small group of cottages along the bay)
    guild center ( the guild's property)

THE WORLD

the world is broken up into a few basic locations. the aventure locations have the types of pokemon which can be found there. the places without pokemon types next to them are other towns travel there to do what they say.

Spoiler:

when your character decides to join the guild they will have just heard what "The Spirit" had just said in the begining of the post. you need to build your characters next actions off of that.

each person who signs up needs to create ONE or TWO characters which makes up their guild team.

Character set up
    Name:
    Species:
    Special traits:
    Personality:
    Background:

Other info (not required)
    Team name:
    Team history (how your team met or why the members joined together):

RULES please read or at least look them over.

Spoiler:

MECHANICS just as important as rules

Spoiler:

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO/ WORDS FROM ME
    i will be playing "the spirit"(the DM. please note this only means that i'll post if there's like a storm or some other major event) and a team which i'll post after i get one SU.

i hope that you understand that i am only laying a foundation that you can build almost anything off of.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I guess i'll join
    It's not done and it's pretty short but, whatever =/

Edit: Yes, both backrounds and team history are the same :P
    Are we allowed 3 pokemon?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
    Team Chosen

Name: Fresh
    Species: Seedot
    Special traits: Mask is completely completely black, body is darker green and browner hazel color. Also has the ability to use "Razor Wind".
    Personality: A good, old-school 70's style kind of guy, warming and cheerful, but also the "Has to do what I have to do" kind of guy. Never looks for trouble, unless trouble is near, but will rough somebody up if needed.
    Background: As an egg, Fresh was abandoned by both his parents, in the skyline forest. After days of wandering, he stumbled onto an Ariados web, and was about to be eaten, and as it only knew one attack (bide) was very unable to do anything, and that's where he met Dash, a taillow, who defended and named Fresh. After Dash had nearly been knocked out, Fresh stepped in and learned the move "Razor Wind" saving Dashes life. A couple of years later, the two began an exploration team, and met Spinny, a kurumiru.

Name: Dash
    Species: Taillow
    Special traits: Crest on chest and stomach are blue
    Personality: Nosy, gets too much into other's business, but otherwise is helpful, and exiting to be around.
    Background: Born in Skyline forest, with five siblings (of the same age of course), who didn't get along. He was the last to hatch, but although the youngest, was also the mediator and kept peace between his brothers and sisters.

Name: Spinny
    Species: Kurumiru
    Special traits: Shiny
    Personality: Taciturn, like a cowboy, but shy like a school-boy. His chivalry, however overpowers his fear, and always backs up his team.
    Background: Born in the skyline forest and is the youngest of his group. He joined tried to join the guild alone, but failed, later after met Fresh and Dash, and the three formed a team.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Thank you for signing up first of all. i am very gracious.

Heres my guys

Pokemon 1

Name: Raizer
    Species: Torchic
    Special traits: darker feathers wears belt around waist

Personality: Raizer is a quiet pokemon. he tries not to be the center of attention. he disagrees often with others. he prefers to be alone with a book or something that will help him escape his boring life. he often wanders off into the open aired world and loses himself among his thoughts. he is fit and strong, but he doesn't bother to use his strength in sports or competions. on of his favorite places is the library.

Background: Raizer was born in a town far from Gysear. he moved here with his parents after Tsunami season picked up. he has lived here now for five years. he never seemed special, but he desired greatness.

pokemon 2

Name: Pierce
    Species:kabuto
    Special traits: steel coloring and orange eyes (sorry if pic doesn't work)
    The Red Plague

Personality: Pierce is a go getter. when he sets a goal he makes it happen. he's gone to extreme lengths to get what he wants. he also is a collecter of sorts. he takes all the things he finds special and displays them around his house.

Background: Pierce is a native to Gysear. his family came here eons ago. he didn't care to much for his history, but it was nice to be recognized. he enjoyed his days alone where he'd go out searching for mysterious objects and other great things.

Team name: Eternity
    Team history (how your team met or why the members joined together): Raizer and Pierce are old friends. the two would often look into the same problem and come up with two equally good ideas. they share their activities too. ot seems that these two are the only pokemon who can enjoy all the odd little things in life.

CURRENT TEAM STANDINGS-THESE ARE ALL MOVES THAT THEY KNOW,BUT SINCE THEY ARE LOW LEVELED THE MOVES ARE STILL WEAK. ITS EASIER THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE MOVESETS ALOT.

RAIZER-TORCHIC
    FLAMETHROWER
    HEADBUTT
    DRILL PECK
    MEGA KICK

PIERCE-KABUTO
    SURF
    AQUA JET
    GIGA DRAIN
    ANCEINT POWER

TURBINE-ELEKID
    THUNDERPUNCH
    LOW KICK
    THUNDERBOLT
    SHOCK WAVE

WILLOW-CELLEBI
    ENERGY BALL
    GIGA DRAIN
    PCYCHIC
    FREENZY PLANT

Last edited:

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Can I reserve a spot? I can complete an SU later.

EDIT: SU in spoiler. Complete now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
    I'll keep the first two, I didn't really intend on having a third one anyways (Kinda anticipated this, just to see if we could have 5th gen)

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    Name:Breaker
    Species: Kibago (male)
    Special traits: the crest on top os his head is black and his eyes are deep blue
    Personality: Has a tough personality and normaly he doesnt open to other pokemon but Atma, he can also be very impulsive and act on a whim or a fit of rage
    Background: His parents were killed when he was very little and has learned to be self suficient but usually got in trouble cause he normaly jumped into trouble with out thinking, this lead to him wondering into the eternal lake vicinity and almost got killed by a salamence but got saved at the last moment by Atma

Name:Atma
    Species: Trapinch (female)
    Special traits: Her body is black and her eyes are a very light redish yellow
    Personality: Cool, calm and colected with a head to the ground, usualy likes to take the shorter way to succes but thends to over think things
    Background: Her family never wanted her cause of her strange color so she wandered away and started to live on her own from an early age, during one of her travels trough the eternal lake she spoted a young kibago being attaked by a saamence, while wondering if to help him or not she ended up taking a momentary lose of focus from the salamence to save the kibago, who she learned was named Breaker. After that she decided to remain at his side wheter for a sense of duty to not let Breaker get into trouble or something else, she doesnt really know herself

Team name: Sleeping Dragons
    Team history: After their violent and very lucky meeting they started to travel together, tough at first Breaker was against it but eventually got used to Atma, they started thinking of forming a team soon after the red plage cases got out of hand, but wasnt untill they got to Gysear town that they did after seeing that there were many pokemon doing it and the benefits were quite good (yes they are both lured by the promise of adventure filled lives)

well liked the RP adn the history so i think id like to join if you think my SU is good enough =P

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    My two characters

OOC: For the 'basic Pokemon only' part, do Pokemon like Pikachu, Sudowoodo, Chansey and Magmar count as basics? Are Pokemon like Absol,Ditto, Farfetched and Spinda allowed too?
    I know Cottoni's history is short compared to Luno's.
    IC:
    My SU's are finished now! Feel the wrath of team Air Masquerade!
    SU 1
    Name: Cottoni
    Species: Swablu
    Special traits: Cottoni has a blonde ponytail in a pink bobble on her head, instead of the blue strands normally found there.
    Personality: Cottoni is really bubbly,cheerful and happy. She's almost never sad. If anyone is sad she always cheers them up. If any of Cottoni's friends need to use any of her items,she lets her friends use them. She likes to battle, but doesn't hurt her opponent too severly.
    Background: Cottoni lived a normal life in Eternal Lake. One day, a Murkrow glided in from the sky. It said his name was Luno. Cottoni guided Luno around Eternal Lake. Soon, they became close friends and joined the Guild as a Team.

SU 2
    Name: Luno
    Species: Murkrow
    Special traits: Luno's beak and talons are blue instead of yellow. His feathers are a darker blue than his beak and talons.
    Personality: Luno is curious and inquisitive. He likes to figure things out himself, rather than relying on someone else. He likes to study Pokémon from a distance.
    However, Luno gets mad when someone teases him for not going straight into the battle, so he can hurt anyone if that happens.
    Background: When Luno was born, his parents were suprised at his colour. Not many non-shiny Pokemon were different colours from the normal version, so he was pampered due to his rarity. He grew to like chess, and other strategy games. One day, when he was playing outside, a Fearow grabbed him and took him far away. However, midflight, Luno managed to struggle out of the Fearow's talons. He freefell for a while, but soon managed to glide down to safety. Where he found himself was not familiar. Soon, Luno met a Swablu called Cottoni, who showed him around the place he was in, which was called Eternal Lake. Soon, Luno and Cottoni became close friends. Then, they joined the guild as a team.

Optional Information
    Team Name: AirMasquerade
    Team History: Cottoni met an outsider Murkrow called Luno. Cottoni showed Luno around. They became close friends and joined the guild as a team.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    !first DM message (all SU accepted. OOC/ SU thread opening soon)

the wind had died down as the last summer storm rolled out of the sky. the season of fall had just began. the leaves are begining to change and the grasses rustle as the cool breezes pass through. many grass, bug, and flying pokemon seem to disappear durring the up coming months to their little hollows.

"listen to my words future heroes" the spirits words echo through the thoughts of its chosen protectors.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Name: Kobora
    Species: Larvitar (Male)
    Special Traits: Wears a torn up green and black headband his father gave him.
    Personality: Kobora is quiet at some times. He's really shy, and sometimes thinks without acting if somebody says something rude about his father. He's also protective to his only friend, Flare.
    Backround: Kobora lived for a few years with his father, a powerful and fameous Tyranitar. After some time, Kobora's father dissapeared, and never returned. Kobora then left his home, and set out to find a friend. During his travels through the Eternal Lake, he saved a female Bagon from a group of Mightyena. Afterwards, he befriended the Bagon, and they headed out to join the guild.

Name: Flare
    Species: Bagon (Female)
    Special Traits: She wears a pink wristband her mother gave her.
    Personality: Flare is a cheerful, nice, and honest Bagon. She never seems sad, and she enjoys spending time with Kobora.
    Backround: Flare was alone most of her life, until she started hanging out with the Mightyena Crew. They made fun of her, and tried to hurt her, until Kobora came and saved her.

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
    "Listen to my words future heroes" the spirits words echo through the thoughts of its chosen protectors.

Fresh and Dash look up at the sky, and see the trees turn brown. It would be a calming sight, but an echo is heard. A scream-no, a roar. Team Chosen rushes quickly towards the origin of the roar. The red plague has not only infected one of the forests' citizens, but an entire nest of treecko. They are frenzied beyond control.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    The leaves were turning brown and slowly dropping of the trees. The brisk autumn winds rustled through the green grass. Many Wurmples, Caterpies, Pidgeys and the like were travelling into their hollows. Those were clear signs that Autumn was here. "Listen to my words future heroes" the Spirit's words echoed through the thoughts of its chosen protectors. Team Air Masquerade jumped in fright. ''What was that?'' they thought.
    "I think we should investigate were that echo came from," Luno said to Cottoni.
    "No, it's just in our heads, but if you're so sure, I'll follow you there,'' Cottoni replied. When they got to the source of the echo, they found not one, not two, not three, but an entire nest of Wurmples had been infected by the Red Plague. There must have been around 20 infected Wurmples in the nest.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    (OOC: Cinder's in first-person...or whatever, just to let you know)

I was sitting on the ground, feeling the fresh autumn wind breeze past me. Psy was a few feet away, resting on the trunk of a tree. I jumped when I heard a voice, Psy merely sat up, slowly. "Listen to my words future heroes" is what the voice said.

"What was that?" I looked at Psy, puzzled. "Some of that psychic babble?"

"Yes...and no. I'm not completely sure what it was. But it didn't come from a nearby person, I can tell you that."

"Hmm..." I got up and started to walk, followed by Psy.

"Where are we going? The source isn't anywhere near us."

"Well, I feel like checking it out." I continued to walk. After about a minute or two, I came to a sudden stop. There was a flock of Taillow over head and they didn't seem happy.

"Cinder, I think they're infected."

"Oh, crap..." The Taillow dived toward us, poised to kill. "Get ready Psy..."

(OOC: also, i'm gone from now until Monday, may possibly be on Saturday.)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (OOC: the reason the spirit is calling is because you AREN"T members of the guild YET)

Raizer tossed around in his bed. he had an extremely vivid dream. he saw all the horror of the red plague in one burst. when he awoke he shook with fear. he slowly crept out of his bed and shuffled over to his kitchen. he lit the wood under his stove and sat down staring into it. he felt ill and depressed he'd seen alot in the last few nights, but thistime he felt even more confused he'd heard some one calling him. a voice in the back of his mind. he took a kettle off the table filled it with water from the pump outside and placed it on the rack above the fire. he went back to his room and took out a journal. he had logged his last few dreams in it. he jotted down his thoughts and ran to the whistking kettle. he poured a cup of the boiling water and dropped in some bitter tea leaves. he heard a knocking at the door and Pierce his friend scuttled in.

"hey Raizer whats up?" Pierce said looking over at his friend

"i dont know i'm not even up yet." Raizer said sipping his tea

"ummm... ok? anyways guess what i found!" Pierce said sorting through a little bag

"let me guess another piece of shiny glass..." Raizer said trying to wake himself up

"i wish, but this is great too" Pierce handed Raizer a rolled up piece of paper

Raizer looked it over. his eyes widened with every word. he jumped up from his low stone seat and looked at Pierce.

"the guild! their recruiting!" Raizer said now wide awake

"i know! and also you remember those dreams you keep talking about?" Pierce said as happy as Raizer

"yeah, but how do they apply" Raizer's voice quieted as he recalled some of the more vivid dreams

"that spirit thing you talked about. it said we needed to help somehow" Pierce gestured with his stubby claws

"thats a good point. alright lets do it" Raizer said looking up at the sky through a window "lets do it"

-------------------------------

a little while later Raizer put on his belt and a little brown vest that he had gotten for his birthday a few weeks ago. Pierce had gone home to get some things and then they would meat in the guild center. Raizer stepped out into the street and shivered imeadiatly. he hated the cool weather. he walked happily through the streets not bothering to evade the crowds. he began to think to himself. well i guess i'm actually going to do something special for once. he walked to the center of town and stopped by the Moo-Mo bakery. it was busy this morning. he walked over to the counter.

"Hi Bessie, can i have to Flora rolls" Raizer said to the miltank behind the counter

"sure thing honey" the miltank hurried off to grab the baked goods

"thanks" Raizer said tossing the money over to Bessie

"come back any time. I still can't thank you enough for filling in last week

"no problem. I guess i like helping. some times" Raizer headed back out

he meet up with Pierce at the guild center. they looked up at the magnificent but itimidating building. Raizer reached for the knocker on the big front door and pounded on the wood. the door was opened by an equaling itimidating figure.

"ah Raizer and Pierce i was told you were coming" the figure looked down at both boys with an extremely slight smirk and an air of gratitude.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    (OOC hehe guess it was worth to wait till you actually posted your part to write mine so i dont get confused =P. BTW could you post soon enough who was that opened the door)

Breaker was still dozzing off under a tree while Atma was allready awake and at it when sudenly Breaker awoke to a cold sweat and started to look around himself.
    -anything wrong Breaker- Atma asked with a worrying look on her face while walking back to Breaker
    -Its nothing Atma, im just hearring voices again thats all- Breaker said while calming down

As Breaker said this atma started to laugh softly and then handed Breaker a piece of papper that had been tossed close due to the wind

-Well your voices seem to be getting frequent then, but anyways take a look at this Breaker- Atma handed him the piece of paper and as he was reading it Breaker eyes widen and a grin appeared on his face

-this is great if the guild is recruting that means we can apply and finaly get our hands on some real adventures- Breaker was almost jumping up and down in anticipation that Atma had to almost hold him down.

They started to set out to the guild building wondering how the guild members would react to some kids applying as an exploration team. As they got closer to the guild they saw two other pokemon that were allready at the doorstep talking to a pokemon that was at the door, so they decided to get closer but wait for their chace to talk after the two pokemon allready there were finished.

-Seems we are not the only young ones that want to apply as an exploration team- Atma said while checking out the pokemon allready at the door

-Yeah right that could be, or they just came to place a request- Breaker said while looking around -either way i dont want to go near and find out the room for new teams is full so lets hope the latter- Breaker said as he sat downon the ground to wait

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    (OOC: ask and you shall receive)

a darkly colored scyther with a menacing scar over his right eye had pulled back the doors. Raizer looked over his shoulder and saw two pokemon looking over at him and pierce. then he heard the scyther speak.

"wait... you knew we were coming... how!?" Raizer asked looking up at the taller pokemon

"yes, but it doesn't matter that fact that you are here is good news." the scyther spoke with an air of integrity and prominance. "come come we have much to do." he looked off into the distance and noticed the two pokemon that Raizer saw earlier "good they're here to"

"wait what!?" Raizer looked up, but the scyther had dissapeared. Raizer turned and saw him standing in front of the two pokemon.

"hello i see the word got around" the scyther said looking down at the pokemon

Raizer had a moment where he began to doubt his importance. he couldn't be more wrong.

Back