Age 25
Male
Salisbury, England
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted December 4th, 2019
10,411 posts
11.3 Years

Introduction

You have until the first of October to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

SonicBlazePlatinum

/)^3^(\

Age 24
Male
Cloudsdale, Equestria
Seen October 4th, 2015
Posted October 4th, 2015
1,041 posts
12.4 Years
I didn't expect Ash Gray to be chosen. But I voted for it since I am more familiar with it and the game is a lot like the anime, more than other anime ROM Hacks I have seen. The scripting and hex editing is good too.
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Shadowbolt Pegasus.

Spherical Ice

Age 22
Bristol, UK
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
5,257 posts
12.3 Years
Palladium gets my vote, hands-down.

It's decent all round, with relatively nice scripting, mapping and story alike. Shame it uses the overused Kyledove ROM Base, but that's not serious.

When it comes to Top Secret, I can't help but be distracted by that textbox. Furthermore, the story doesn't particularly do it for me and the grammar could be improved.

Ahh... AshGray. The mapping and graphics really turn me off on this one. It seems like it's just an abomination of the default tileset, unfortunately. The scripting is okay, I suppose, but nothing amazing. It seems to have a very large problem with text carrying on in the textbox, which could easily be fixed by using the Text Adjuster in XSE before compiling scripts with dialogue.

So yeah, Palladium.

Edit I thought it was obvious that this was my opinion. Nothing more.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...

Age 45
Male
Scotland, Lesmahagow
Seen August 3rd, 2015
Posted February 7th, 2011
1,096 posts
10.2 Years
Definitely AshGray. Although the maps and tiles are terrible, the scripting and events are good, and it's a very enjoyable hack.

Top secret is kinda glitchy when I first played it, and the sprites were really bad.

Palladium I really just can't get into and the tiles are really overused.

Good luck to all three though.

Alignment

Revered with the stars

Male
Seen December 25th, 2016
Posted September 30th, 2012
308 posts
9.9 Years
I voted for Ash Gray. I like the idea of following the anime, and it seems like it has the most effort put into it, with the custom tiles and all (even if they do like like they could be better). The title screen and text box kinda made me decide not to vote for Top Secret. I would've voted for Palladum but I don't like the fact he used a ROM Base. Patches for stuff like Jpan's engine are fine in my opinion (because even if you tried it's take a long time to do), but for tiles, it just shows you never bothered to learn properly (though I love the HP boxes :D ).

Not insulting anybody, just giving my opinion and criticism.

i make updates

Advanced Adventures Supporter

Male
Seen May 2nd, 2018
Posted December 23rd, 2012
58 posts
9.5 Years
ashgrey gets mine its just more eyecatching to as the top secrets text boxs just change way to much and are distracting
Pokemon Advanced Adventures Supporter
I WANT TO PLAY POKEMON ROSE
My Hack is 5% Complete A reveal at 25% a Beta at 50% and showcase at 100%

V my current location V
home doped up on some strong meds

hacks i support
Pokemon Sienna
pokemon Ying&Yang
Pokemon Black&White DeMake

i support pokeplaza.4umer.com

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 

Male
New York
Seen April 19th, 2019
Posted June 26th, 2016
2,938 posts
11.8 Years
Palladium, by far, no questions asked.

Ash Grey just has way too many errors and it's ugly. The scripting is decent, but the negative outweighs the positive.

Top Secret, that text box is aaaaaa. I don't like the tiles much either, and it just doesn't really appeal to me.

Palladium, while having an overused rom base, is well executed, there is minimal errors, the mapping is well done (albeit the tiles), and therefore gets my vote.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
11 Years
Well, I'm very honored to have my hack nominated.

For those who are criticizing the tiles, I understand (though most of the tiles are from the original FireRed) - the custom tiles aren't great (but I have heard nice things about the Poke Center) - I want to change the grass tiles and the hero backsprite still, and eventually change the gyms. But these have been some of my least concerns, as I'm more interested in content. Oh, and I know I'm not a great mapper, either.

As for people who say that scripting is decent, but nothing special - I just want to say that I busted my hump to make scripts that follow the anime episodes - I have so many complicated, time-consuming scripts in this game that I worked really hard on - it kind of feels like an insult to just call them decent - you have no idea how much work went into the Flame Pokemon-athon race, or to get all the events in Saffron to work in the correct order, etc.

Thank you for the nomination - honestly I had hoped to be nominated for Hack of the Month sometime, but did not expect it, so thank you and good luck to Palladium and Top Secret. :)

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
12.1 Years
I vote for Pokemon Ash Grey - Simply because it's the only one i've played of the three and I really enjoyed it, great work and good luck everyone! :).

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand

Age 22
Male
New England
Seen July 29th, 2019
Posted February 14th, 2019
564 posts
9.9 Years
Ash Gray...one of my first hacks I played the scripts are incredable
Sure there are some glitchs,like the bad egg glitch but I really enjoy it I can't wait for beta 3 to come out I love it

Best of luck to all three hacks....

chrunch

Male
Seen September 4th, 2019
Posted January 20th, 2018
1,350 posts
10.4 Years
Ashgray. while the mapping and tiles aren't the best, I love the anime, it's by far the best anime hack i've seen. the scripting is good, too. but, the only things I don't like about it are it's tiles, and mapping.

Top Secret is okay, but the tiles i don't really like, and the textbox... Last time I played it, it was also quite glitchy, I didn't get further than the second route before I encountered a glitch that forced me to restart.

Palladium has a really overused rombase, the scripting is okay, but the maps I found a bit dull, and plain. It just seems like nintendo's games, with new tiles, and slightly better scripting, the mapping just seems dull.
Advertiser Content